Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > He's out. > > LaSala Named Discovery General Counsel > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Most recently, LaSala served as senior vice president, general counsel and >| secretary for Novell, where he served as a member ...

  1. Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > He's out.
    >
    > LaSala Named Discovery General Counsel
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Most recently, LaSala served as senior vice president, general counsel and
    >| secretary for Novell, where he served as a member of Novell?s executive
    >| leadership team and had responsibility for all legal matters affecting Novell
    >| on a worldwide basis, including corporate governance, intellectual property,
    >| contract management, licensing, anti-piracy, regulatory compliance, mergers
    >| and acquisitions, and litigation. LaSala joined Novell in 2001 when the
    >| company acquired Cambridge Technology Partners, where he served as senior
    >| vice president, general counsel and secretary since 2000.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.multichannel.com/article/...dustryid=47200

    Clearly he's not convinced that the cash coming in from Microsoft will
    be enough to hold Novell up in the long run.

  2. Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 07:19 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> He's out.
    >>
    >> LaSala Named Discovery General Counsel
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Most recently, LaSala served as senior vice president, general counsel and
    >>| secretary for Novell, where he served as a member of Novell?s executive
    >>| leadership team and had responsibility for all legal matters affecting
    >>| Novell on a worldwide basis, including corporate governance, intellectual
    >>| property, contract management, licensing, anti-piracy, regulatory
    >>| compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation. LaSala joined Novell
    >>| in 2001 when the company acquired Cambridge Technology Partners, where he
    >>| served as senior vice president, general counsel and secretary since 2000.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.multichannel.com/article/...dustryid=47200
    >>

    > Clearly he's not convinced that the cash coming in from Microsoft will
    > be enough to hold Novell up in the long run.

    I've been gentle with Novell. A few hours later I found out that there was a
    staff exodus in Novell South Africa, but I didn't post this to COLA. ;-)

    Deals with Microsoft are great, aren't they? So think Ron Hovsepian...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    "Don’t encourage new, cross-platform Java classes, especially don’t help get
    great Win 32 implementations written/deployed. (..) Do encourage fragmentation
    of the Java classlib space."
    --Ben Slivka, Microsoft

  3. Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 07:19 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> He's out.
    >>>
    >>> LaSala Named Discovery General Counsel
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.multichannel.com/article/...dustryid=47200
    >>>

    >> Clearly he's not convinced that the cash coming in from Microsoft will
    >> be enough to hold Novell up in the long run.

    > I've been gentle with Novell. A few hours later I found out that there was a
    > staff exodus in Novell South Africa, but I didn't post this to COLA. ;-)
    >
    > Deals with Microsoft are great, aren't they? So think Ron Hovsepian...

    They're clearly falling apart. Fortunately, since the SuSE codebase is
    GPLed, they won't damage linux in the long-term, although it could mean
    the end of that particular distribution if the code is adopted instead
    into slack, mandriva, red hat, debian, ubuntu or some other.