[News] New Handheld PC Runs Linux, Comes from iRiver - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] New Handheld PC Runs Linux, Comes from iRiver - Linux ; iRiver announces handheld PC running Linux ,----[ Quote ] | iRiver, the portable media player people, surprised us by announcing the Wing | today. This is a handheld PC with a 4" TFT color touch screen, clamshell | design and ...

  1. [News] New Handheld PC Runs Linux, Comes from iRiver

    iRiver announces handheld PC running Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | iRiver, the portable media player people, surprised us by announcing the Wing
    | today. This is a handheld PC with a 4" TFT color touch screen, clamshell
    | design and WiFi that runs embedded Linux. Since it's from iRiver, it will
    | have plenty of multimedia apps. Sounds like a super-portable EeePC. . . We'll
    | post photos once they're available.
    `----

    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=29354

    Related:

    Linux-powered PMP sports 7-inch touchscreen

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | iRiver is readying a Linux-based media recorder/player comprised of a
    | detachable mobile unit and tethered docking station. The Unit2's base station
    | offers a DVD/CD player, TV tuner, and PC-style I/O, while the detachable
    | display features a 7-inch WVGA (800x480) touchscreen, WiFi, and USB.
    `----

    http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6251626749.html

  2. Re: [News] New Handheld PC Runs Linux, Comes from iRiver

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > iRiver announces handheld PC running Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| iRiver, the portable media player people, surprised us by announcing the Wing
    >| today. This is a handheld PC with a 4" TFT color touch screen, clamshell
    >| design and WiFi that runs embedded Linux. Since it's from iRiver, it will
    >| have plenty of multimedia apps. Sounds like a super-portable EeePC. . . We'll
    >| post photos once they're available.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=29354

    Sounds very similar to the last generation of Psion PDA, the 5mx. They
    had a /really good/ keyboard.