Anything but Speechless: 100 Things People Are Really Saying About Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's web site offers us "100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless" over
| Windows Vista. Quoth the copy: "Using Windows Vista for the first time may
| leave you searching for words".
| Vista 100 Reasons Er, yes... searching for words, and finding them. After the
| initial shocked silence, Vista users (and refusers) are anything but
| speechless. They're speaking loudly, and speaking lots. Saying far more than
| Microsoft would like them to. Saying things to make even a Ballmer cringe.
| Vista has struck them downright loquacious. In fact, Vista users are
| rediscovering words they thought Mom had washed out with that bar of Ivory so
| long ago.
| Think we're being snarky and making that up? Nope. Let's listen in to 100
| things people are really saying about Vista, shall we? (A warning: it gets
| rough in there...)

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software. *

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
| * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
| Vista. * *
| ^^^^^

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's latest version of Windows is too risky to implement for the
| important computers managing the 2008 Olympic summer games in Beijing, said
| the event's computer supplier and sponsor Lenovo. *

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *
| Lenovo.

Interesting comment from CompUSA

,----[ Quote ]