Re: Windows Vista Content Protection - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Windows Vista Content Protection - Linux ; ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 07 January 2008 17:05 : \____ > Threat modelling the attempt to seal an open architecture > > Slides by Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland The poor man has a smear campaign against him because he ...

  1. Re: Windows Vista Content Protection

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 07 January 2008 17:05 : \____

    > Threat modelling the attempt to seal an open architecture
    >
    > Slides by Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland

    The poor man has a smear campaign against him because he tells the inconvenient
    truth Microsoft and Hollywood are so desperate to hide.

    Speaking of witch-hunting researchers:

    How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Apple is a mega corporation that nearly smashed the reputation of
    | two individuals with bogus claims of fraud. It didn't matter
    | that they weren't the ones pulling the trigger because they
    | were pulling all the strings.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=451

    And Microsoft has its history as well

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/..._about_me.html

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
    Tasks: 133 total, 1 running, 131 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie

  2. Re: Windows Vista Content Protection

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 07 January 2008 17:05 : \____
    >
    >> Threat modelling the attempt to seal an open architecture
    >>
    >> Slides by Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland

    > The poor man has a smear campaign against him because he tells the inconvenient
    > truth Microsoft and Hollywood are so desperate to hide.

    Once upon a time, Academics were respected and protected. Where, when
    and how did this go wrong? Have we no protection at all from corporate
    interests and manipulation of government?

  3. Re: Windows Vista Content Protection

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 07:37 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Monday 07 January 2008 17:05 : \____
    >>
    >>> Threat modelling the attempt to seal an open architecture
    >>>
    >>> Slides by Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland

    >> The poor man has a smear campaign against him because he tells the
    >> inconvenient truth Microsoft and Hollywood are so desperate to hide.
    >>

    > Once upon a time, Academics were respected and protected. Where, when
    > and how did this go wrong? Have we no protection at all from corporate
    > interests and manipulation of government?

    Remember that academic Microsoft hired some months ago to spread smears about
    the GPLv3? That's how bad it is.

    I didn't post this one to COLA because it's a personal site (the trolls would
    attack me if I posted links to original content of mine), but watch this one
    about French universities and Microsoft:

    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/12/27/...ope-influence/

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Spam enchanted evening..."
    Tasks: 146 total, 1 running, 144 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie