[News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation - Linux ; Big oil taking political beating ahead of earnings ,----[ Quote ] | Eye-popping profits earn respect on Wall Street but the billions big oil | companies reaped in the fourth quarter are raising the wrath of U.S. | presidential candidates ...

  1. [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    Big oil taking political beating ahead of earnings

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Eye-popping profits earn respect on Wall Street but the billions big oil
    | companies reaped in the fourth quarter are raising the wrath of U.S.
    | presidential candidates trying to cater to voters' pocketbooks.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "If Exxon could generate the same profit margins that Microsoft Corp
    | (NasdaqGS:MSFT - News) does, then Exxon could rule the world," BOSC's
    | Cartwright said.
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080104/oil_politics.html?.v=2

    Related:

    Spying the Gates Foundation: Diversified Holdings Stay Ahead of Market Weakness

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The foundation made moves in other sectors during Q3, as well, adding shares
    | in Caterpillar and Canadian National Railway, while maintaining
    | stakes in energy giants Exxon Mobil and BP.
    `---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/071126/1004_id.html?.v=1

    Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

    Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | ...the Gates Foundation took down their public statement on this
    | and replaced it with a significantly altered version which seems to
    | say that investing responsibly would just be too complex for them
    | and that they need to focus on their core mission: 'There are
    | dozens of factors that could be considered, almost all of which
    | are outside the foundation's areas of expertise. The issues
    | involved are quite complex...
    `----

    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...56212&from=rss

    Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

    Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Big oil taking political beating ahead of earnings
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Eye-popping profits earn respect on Wall Street but the billions big oil
    > | companies reaped in the fourth quarter are raising the wrath of U.S.
    > | presidential candidates trying to cater to voters' pocketbooks.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | "If Exxon could generate the same profit margins that Microsoft Corp
    > | (NasdaqGS:MSFT - News) does, then Exxon could rule the world," BOSC's
    > | Cartwright said.
    > `----
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080104/oil_politics.html?.v=2
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > Spying the Gates Foundation: Diversified Holdings Stay Ahead of Market
    > Weakness
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The foundation made moves in other sectors during Q3, as well, adding
    > | shares in Caterpillar and Canadian National Railway, while maintaining
    > | stakes in energy giants Exxon Mobil and BP.
    > `---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/071126/1004_id.html?.v=1
    >

    > Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

    > Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | ...the Gates Foundation took down their public statement on this
    > | and replaced it with a significantly altered version which seems to
    > | say that investing responsibly would just be too complex for them
    > | and that they need to focus on their core mission: 'There are
    > | dozens of factors that could be considered, almost all of which
    > | are outside the foundation's areas of expertise. The issues
    > | involved are quite complex...
    > `----
    >
    > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...56212&from=rss
    >

    > Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg
    >

    > Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c

    People like Bill and Melinda, Steve and whole bunch are so far removed from
    the real world that they have no honest concept of good or evil. Form their
    perspective, it's all about them. Put any of them into a real world
    situation... like a real 9 to 5 job and they would fail miserably.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    Linonut writes:

    > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Jerry McBride wrote:
    >>
    >>> People like Bill and Melinda, Steve and whole bunch are so far
    >>> removed from the real world that they have no honest concept of good
    >>> or evil.

    >> You're an idiot.

    > They probably said the same thing to Voltaire, too.
    >
    >>> Form their perspective, it's all about them.

    >> No, it's all about promoting MS and MS products.

    > Ka-ching.

    Do you not promote your own products Liarnut?

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    Hadron wrote:

    > Do you not promote your own products Liarnut?

    Linocrite doesn't believe in self-promotion (though he's very much into
    self-abuse).

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:

    > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >
    > > Jerry McBride wrote:
    > >> Put any of them into a real world situation... like a
    > >> real 9 to 5 job and they would fail miserably.

    > > Asking them to work 9 to 5 would be an insult. Gates works much more than
    > > that - or at least he used to.

    > Indeed. I read once where he was found on the floor, asleep, mumbling
    > about some problem he'd been working on.
    >
    > He used to be a real hacker.

    Sounds like an incident recounted in that unauthorized biography that
    those Seattle newspaper reporters wrote about him in the late '80s or
    early '90s. It was late in the IBM PC project, and although Gates no
    longer had time to write code, he had printouts of everything his
    employees were writing for IBM, and would go over them, and mark bugs,
    and make notes on how they could make the code more efficient, and
    things like that.

    Something was supposed to be delivered to an IBM guy Monday, who was
    going to fly back to IBM with it, but they weren't done. It was going
    to be done that night, so Gates told him to delay and pick it up Tuesday
    morning. He got the listings that night, and spent all night going over
    them to find bugs and suggest changes. When they got there in the
    morning, he was on the floor, asleep, with marked listings all over the
    floor.

    The notion that any of these guys could not handle 9 to 5 is ridiculous.
    They all handled 9 to 5, or much worse, to get to where they are today.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    Linonut writes:

    > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> Do you not promote your own products Liarnut?

    > Idiot.

    >>> Do you not promote your own products Liarnut?

    >> Linocrite doesn't believe in self-promotion (though he's very much into
    >> self-abuse).

    > Double-idiot.
    >
    > What are you two doing? Trying out for the lead role in "Testicle
    > Twins"?

    Well? Come on you two faced loony. Do you or do you NOT promote your own
    products? You know, the products YOU write for Windows in order to
    generate income for your company and yourself?

    Please answer the question.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] On the Unethical Oil Industry and Microsoft Corporation

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:

    > Hadron wrote:

    Idiot.

    >> Do you not promote your own products Liarnut?

    > Linocrite doesn't believe in self-promotion (though he's very much into
    > self-abuse).

    Double-idiot.

    What are you two doing? Trying out for the lead role in "Testicle
    Twins"?

    --
    This sig has expired. Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
    and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to

+ Reply to Thread