Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program? - Linux

This is a discussion on Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program? - Linux ; Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program? Having a hard time tracking something like that down. I may need to modify it to suit my requirements. TIA...

  1. Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Having a hard time tracking something like that down.

    I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.

    TIA

  2. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:24:34 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >
    > Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >
    > I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >
    > TIA

    Glxgears

    http://www.xfree86.org/current/glxgears.1.html

    Runs on any Linux system with 3d video acceleration enabled.

  3. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    7 wrote:

    > Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >
    > Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >
    > I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >
    > TIA

    Have you tried google? I started to do the drudge work for you, but there's
    so many hits and I'm so tired... Go back to google... there HAS to be a
    linux solution somewhere in the pile...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Jerry McBride wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >>
    >> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >>
    >> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Have you tried google? I started to do the drudge work for you, but
    > there's so many hits and I'm so tired... Go back to google... there HAS to
    > be a linux solution somewhere in the pile...

    Exactly the problem I'm having.

  5. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Robin T Cox wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:24:34 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >>
    >> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >>
    >> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Glxgears
    >
    > http://www.xfree86.org/current/glxgears.1.html
    >
    > Runs on any Linux system with 3d video acceleration enabled.

    Thanks, but I meant engineering drawing program
    to make servo gearbox.

  6. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    7 wrote:

    > Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >
    > Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >
    > I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >
    > TIA

    Might be of interest:
    http://www.salome-platform.org/home/...tion/overview/
    Screenshots:
    http://www.salome-platform.org/home/screenshots/

    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,

  7. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    William Poaster wrote:

    > --Red Dwarf--

    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. *Here we go, then: 10, 9,
    8, 6, 5--
    Holly, *where's* 7?
    --Red Dwarf--

    Red Dwarf! I love RED DWARF!!!

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  8. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:SPQfj.73055$c_1.33528@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Go here: http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/servl...2932&id=779580
    Or here: http://www.phoenixbv.com/faq.php?refID=265
    Oh, dear... no linux solutions. 52.000 *Windows* solutions available. *Real*
    professionals have windows or mac OS on the desktop, remember?

    > Having a hard time tracking something like that down.

    I can feel your pain 7, dump Linux!

    > I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.

    Install Windows XP or Vista, you cheap cunt!

    > TIA

    Get ****ed in advance!

  9. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    * William Poaster fired off this tart reply:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.

    > Might be of interest:
    > http://www.salome-platform.org/home/...tion/overview/
    > Screenshots:
    > http://www.salome-platform.org/home/screenshots/

    Debian has simgear, not sure if it applies here. The description of
    python-turbogears is equally vague. Have you checked out qcad?

    --
    This sig has expired. Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
    and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to

  10. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:24:34 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >
    > Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >
    > I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >
    > TIA

    There are several CAD programs - do you need more than that?

  11. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:41:21 -0500, Jerry McBride wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> --Red Dwarf--

    > : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen
    > billion calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. *Here we go,
    > then: 10, 9, 8, 6, 5--
    > Holly, *where's* 7?
    > --Red Dwarf--
    >

    > Red Dwarf! I love RED DWARF!!!

    Yes! LOL

    A quote of Kryten's wouldn't go amiss addressed to some of the trolls in
    here IMO:
    Kryten: Harness your stupidity, sir! Employ your witlessness! Use your
    empty-headed, simplistic brain and come up with a solution!

    --
    Lister: Drop dead, Rimmer.
    Rimmer: Already have done.

  12. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    William Poaster wrote:

    I bet you all day, every day at work while using the best Windows
    programs available. Then the turns into a when you boot up
    the Linux/OSS toyware at night.

  13. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    ray wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:24:34 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >>
    >> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >>
    >> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > There are several CAD programs - do you need more than that?

    Yes - I already use QCad and K3d - fantastic!
    But mechanical gear profiles contain difficult curves that need special
    programs to synthesize them according to parameters you have to type
    in such as mod, pitch, contact angle etc...

  14. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    William Poaster wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >>
    >> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >>
    >> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Might be of interest:
    > http://www.salome-platform.org/home/...tion/overview/
    > Screenshots:
    > http://www.salome-platform.org/home/screenshots/

    Awesome! - big software that takes 1Gb to install!!
    However I couldn't find anything about gears or a plugin
    that would allow gears to be drawn. I'm sre there must be,
    just haven't tracked down any yet.

  15. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    7 wrote:

    > Yes - I already use QCad and K3d - fantastic!
    > But mechanical gear profiles contain difficult curves that need
    > special programs to synthesize them according to parameters you have
    > to type in such as mod, pitch, contact angle etc...

    Hopefully you're designing a gizmo to launch yourself over the horizon...

  16. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft's paid asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    > corporation:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>

    >> I bet you all day, every day at work while using the best Windows
    >> programs available. Then the turns into a when you boot
    >> up the Linux/OSS toyware at night.

    Well once again the DooFu$ Dummy shows his ignorance. I don't work, I took
    early retirement some years ago, why? Because I could *afford* to.
    As for using "the best Windows programs available", I haven't use windoze
    since 1997 & I don't miss that crap *one* tiny bit.

    > I'm sure you grimace whenever Linux is mentioned because you
    > are a paid asstroturfer for micoshaft corporation and not
    > a Linux advocate.

    He's a troll, of that there's no doubt.

    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,
    8, 6, 5--
    Holly, *where's* 7?
    --Red Dwarf--

  17. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:28:26 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Yes - I already use QCad and K3d - fantastic!
    >> But mechanical gear profiles contain difficult curves that need
    >> special programs to synthesize them according to parameters you have
    >> to type in such as mod, pitch, contact angle etc...

    > Hopefully you're designing a gizmo to launch yourself over the horizon...

    Or better yet, to place DooFuS into high earth orbit.

  18. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    ray wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:28:26 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes - I already use QCad and K3d - fantastic!
    >>> But mechanical gear profiles contain difficult curves that need
    >>> special programs to synthesize them according to parameters you have
    >>> to type in such as mod, pitch, contact angle etc...

    >> Hopefully you're designing a gizmo to launch yourself over the
    >> horizon...

    > Or better yet, to place DooFuS into high earth orbit.

    Why so copycat? Did the OSS Theftware Disease infect your brain?

  19. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    Micoshaft Corporation paid asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    corporation:

    > ray wrote:

    >>> Hopefully you're designing a gizmo to launch yourself over the
    >>> horizon...

    >> Or better yet, to place DooFuS into high earth orbit.

    > Why so copycat? Did the OSS Theftware Disease infect your brain?

    Right that last comment has clinched it!

    I'm designing a giant boot with spring loaded stick and activation lever.
    A micoshaft blammer compatible throwable chair will be fitted to its front.
    DFS, you have one free ticket to sit on that chair and operate the lever.
    However I am invoicing you $699 million for the priviledge as I know
    you don't appreciate anything that comes free.

  20. Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

    ____/ 7 on Saturday 05 January 2008 22:01 : \____

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
    >>>
    >>> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
    >>>
    >>> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Have you tried google? I started to do the drudge work for you, but
    >> there's so many hits and I'm so tired... Go back to google... there HAS to
    >> be a linux solution somewhere in the pile...

    > Exactly the problem I'm having.

    AutoDesk appears to have though a lot about porting AutoCAD to Linux recently.
    It even checked whether Linux users will be willing to buy it. I'm not 100%
    certain about this, but I could check. Either way, they recognise the
    inevitability of Linux on many laptops and desktop.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Life is too short to proofread"