gOS: A wake up call for Freedomware marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| Think gOS. It might not be such a bad advice after all. It's been hyped up,
| but it sold out. And there may be lessons in its deployment and success for
| all of us Free Software and GNU/Linux advocates!

gOS 2.0 "Rocket" To Blast Off Next Week

,----[ Quote ]
| We've just been notified that gOS 2.0 will be released next week at the 2008
| Consumer Electronic Show. This Linux distribution started making news two
| months ago as the conceptual Google Operating System and shipping on a
| sub-$200 (USD) Everex PC. This distribution is very easy to use and features
| integration with popular Web 2.0 services such as YouTube, Google Calendar,
| and Google Maps. This next gOS release, codenamed "Rocket", adds a few
| features and more Google love. Accompanying this release will also be a gOS
| Software Developer Kit. ¬* ¬* ¬*

Rocket gOS 2.0, the latest Ubuntu-Google marriage, days away

There's No System Like Linux for the Holidays

,----[ Quote ]
| Holiday shopping season is about to hit full swing, and personal computers
| already rank high on many people's wish lists. If you're going to give the
| gift of a new PC, should you consider giving one with Linux? If the receiver
| is a tech-savvy individual, it may be the perfect gift, and the growing
| availability of preloaded machines means setup headaches are easily avoided. ¬* ¬*

Wal-Mart's $199 Linux PC Back In Stock

,----[ Quote ]
| The gPC is one of the first Linux-based desktop machines to be offered for
| sale by a major retailer. ¬*

gPC - $199 C7 powered PC at Wal-Mart running gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| Now gOS the OS powering the gPC is a unique OS. While I said it is a
| customized version of Ubuntu, the word 'customized' is an understatement. gOS
| highlights and encourages users to use web applications instead of the
| traditional software for their day to day computing tasks. ¬*

gOS Unboxed: Should Microsoft Worry? ¬*

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's rivalry with Google heated up considerably this past year when
| rumors surfaced that Google might release its own operating system to compete
| with Windows. Has Google finally jumped into the fray with its own OS? ¬*

A short look at gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| So after downloading the gOS Live ISO onto my Debian Etch system I started
| Innotek’s VirtualBox, bound the freshly downloaded ISO as a CD-ROM, made a
| 4GB virtual hard disk image for installing it, gave that virtual computer
| 256MB of RAM, and started... ¬*

Gosh, gOS is good

,----[ Quote ]
| I really liked gOS. It's a cute little system with lots of functionality and
| great looks. It works well and is fast and stable on my laptop. It should
| work on any computer that any other Linux supports. Enlightenment is an
| impressive desktop environment, and the iBar is a low-overhead way to blend
| cool effects with needed functionality. I think users will like it. ¬* ¬*

ReviewLinux.Com: gOS is worth looking into....

,----[ Quote ]
| Everybody is going Green. I take a quick look at the new kid on the block.
| gOS 1.0.1 was released earlier this month and I take a short screenshot tour
| of this "Green" Linux OS. Check out the short flash video too. ¬* ¬*

gOS-live 1.0 386

,----[ Quote ]