OpenVZ to Release Pre-made Ubuntu VMs

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenVZ, the open-source community arm of SWsoft, will soon be releasing
| ready-to-run Ubuntu server and desktop virtual machines.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...129TX1K0000616

Quote for the day:

"We do NOT want to ship the ’standard’ with Windows because we want to make the
native APIs more attractive. We want to evolve the standard APIs rapidly, and
not have ISVs [independent software vendors] spending time on something that
is cross-platform. "

--Chairman Bill Gates

Related:

ChangeLog: New release paves the way for OpenVZ on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ team released an update today to make OpenVZ compatible
| with the 2.6.20 release of the Linux kernel, which may allow OpenVZ
| to work with Ubuntu Feisty, due to be released next month.
`----

http://news.linux.com/article.pl?sid...61212&from=rss

Debian Linux Adopts OpenVZ Virtualization Software

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ project announced its operating system-level server
| virtualization software technology is incorporated into Debian
| GNU/Linux giving users full access to OpenVZ software, which
| helps increase server utilization rates.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/256540_p.htm

OpenVZ Project Pushes Technology Boundaries By Combining Different Types of
Open Source Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenVZ project announced that using its open source virtualization
| software in combination with virtual machine open source Xen software, users *
| can effectively create many virtual servers to improve utilization of the
| physical server. *
`----

http://www.pr-usa.net/index.php?opti...50126&Itemid=9

Interview with OpenVZ Project Manager Kir Kolyshkin

,----[ Quote ]
| I had the opportunity to be part of the OpenVZ booth at the recent LinuxWorld
| Expo in San Francisco where I met the OpenVZ Project Manager, Kir Kolyshkin.
| He was kind enough to answer some questions for me via email. *
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/openvz-kir-interview.html

OpenVZ updates open source virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| SWsoft's OpenVZ project, which develops an open source
| virtualization product, has announced availability of beta level
| software based on the Linux kernel 2.6.18 -- preparing users for
| the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) and Debian GNU/Linux
| 4 releases.
`----

OpenVZ virtualization heads to Power chips

,----[ Quote ]
| SWsoft programmers have created a version of the OpenVZ Linux
| virtualization software that works on Power processors, the company
| plans to announce Friday.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7339_3-6125...5034&subj=news

Mandriva virtualises enterprise server