Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While Buybacks Fill Void - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While Buybacks Fill Void - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > Microsoft Director Sells Shares > > ,----[ Quote ] >| A director of software company Microsoft Corp. sold 30,000 shares of common >| stock under a prearranged trading plan, according to a Securities and >| Exchange ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While Buybacks Fill Void

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Microsoft Director Sells Shares
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| A director of software company Microsoft Corp. sold 30,000 shares of common
    >| stock under a prearranged trading plan, according to a Securities and
    >| Exchange Commission filing Wednesday.
    > `----
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080103/micro...ions.html?.v=1
    >
    > Maybe he saw the market share of Windows declining, with a bad vista (mind
    > case) ahead.

    I'm quite sure they can all see it coming, and will be trading out as
    fast as they can, and for as long as the share-buy-backs by Microsoft
    can manage to hold up the share-price.

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While BuybacksFill Void

    On Jan 4, 10:33 am, Mark Kent wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >
    > > Microsoft Director Sells Shares

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > >| A director of software company Microsoft Corp. sold 30,000 shares of common
    > >| stock under a prearranged trading plan, according to a Securities and
    > >| Exchange Commission filing Wednesday.
    > > `----

    > >http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080103/micro...r_transactions...

    > > Maybe he saw the market share of Windows declining, with a bad vista (mind
    > > case) ahead.

    > I'm quite sure they can all see it coming, and will be trading out as
    > fast as they can, and for as long as the share-buy-backs by Microsoft
    > can manage to hold up the share-price.
    >
    > --
    > | Mark Kent -- mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk |
    > | Cola faq: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/ |
    > | Cola trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/ |
    > | My (new) blog: http://www.thereisnomagic.org |

    Is this another possible World Com or Enron in the making. Don't
    forget, both of those companies were very, very 'healthy' prior to the
    house of cards collapsing.

    Only time will tell.

  3. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While Buybacks Fill Void

    bobbie espoused:
    > On Jan 4, 10:33 am, Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>
    >> > Microsoft Director Sells Shares

    >> > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> > `----

    >> >http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080103/micro...r_transactions...

    >> > Maybe he saw the market share of Windows declining, with a bad vista (mind
    >> > case) ahead.

    >> I'm quite sure they can all see it coming, and will be trading out as
    >> fast as they can, and for as long as the share-buy-backs by Microsoft
    >> can manage to hold up the share-price.
    >>

    > Is this another possible World Com or Enron in the making. Don't
    > forget, both of those companies were very, very 'healthy' prior to the
    > house of cards collapsing.
    >
    > Only time will tell.

    You're quite right. I think with Enron and Worldcom, the techniques
    used to liberate the cash reserves into the senior executive's pockets
    were so illegal that they had to go to jail. If you look at what
    Microsoft are doing, it's rather different, in that they're just buying
    back shares, essentially redistributing the cash to /all/ sharedholders.
    Sounds great, of course, until you consider who the largest holders of
    shares are...

  4. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Directors Drop Microsoft Shares While Buybacks Fill Void

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 05 January 2008 00:15 : \____

    > bobbie espoused:
    >> On Jan 4, 10:33 am, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> I'm quite sure they can all see it coming, and will be trading out as
    >>> fast as they can, and for as long as the share-buy-backs by Microsoft
    >>> can manage to hold up the share-price.
    >>>

    >> Is this another possible World Com or Enron in the making. Don't
    >> forget, both of those companies were very, very 'healthy' prior to the
    >> house of cards collapsing.
    >>
    >> Only time will tell.

    > You're quite right. I think with Enron and Worldcom, the techniques
    > used to liberate the cash reserves into the senior executive's pockets
    > were so illegal that they had to go to jail. If you look at what
    > Microsoft are doing, it's rather different, in that they're just buying
    > back shares, essentially redistributing the cash to /all/ sharedholders.
    > Sounds great, of course, until you consider who the largest holders of
    > shares are...

    About a month ago, PJ pointed out that SCO was investigated by the SEC and they
    came up with "it's all OK". A year later -- chapter 11.

    I'm not suggesting that Microsoft is doing that badly. ODF just needs to put
    the cash cow to rest because it's the main thing keeping Microsoft afloat
    while many divisions bleed cash.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows leaves me peckish
    run-level 2 2007-12-10 11:12 last=