rpm -qa funtionality from apt-get? - Linux

This is a discussion on rpm -qa funtionality from apt-get? - Linux ; Pardon me if this is OT, but I know there are some very knowledgeable people here and I'm kind of under a time crunch and I can't seem to google this, so: I need to generate a list of installed ...

  1. rpm -qa funtionality from apt-get?

    Pardon me if this is OT, but I know there are some very knowledgeable
    people here and I'm kind of under a time crunch and I can't seem to
    google this, so:

    I need to generate a list of installed programs/packages on a ubuntu
    box.
    On my rpm based distros, I just do rpm -qa > file_list and it's done.

    Thanks in advance.

    Andy C.(never #)

  2. Re: rpm -qa funtionality from apt-get?

    "Andy C.(never #)" wrote in message
    > Pardon me if this is OT, but I know there are some very knowledgeable
    > people here and I'm kind of under a time crunch and I can't seem to
    > google this, so:
    >
    > I need to generate a list of installed programs/packages on a ubuntu
    > box.
    > On my rpm based distros, I just do rpm -qa > file_list and it's done.

    try = "dpkg --get-selections"

    > Thanks in advance.

    No problem.

    > Andy C.(never #)

    Always++

  3. Re: rpm -qa funtionality from apt-get?

    On Jan 4, 12:44 pm, "Abdul Catrell" wrote:
    > "Andy C.(never #)" wrote in messagenews:e014e97f-71dc-4cb9-94a5-3c762ef2dd84@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > Pardon me if this is OT, but I know there are some very knowledgeable
    > > people here and I'm kind of under a time crunch and I can't seem to
    > > google this, so:

    > > I need to generate a list of installed programs/packages on a ubuntu
    > > box.
    > > On my rpm based distros, I just do rpm -qa > file_list and it's done.

    > try = "dpkg --get-selections"

    Nailed it. Thanks, very much.

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > No problem.