Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not addLinux next? Linux is virusware. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not addLinux next? Linux is virusware. - Linux ; Hadron did eloquently scribble: > spike1@freenet.co.uk writes: >> Hadron did eloquently scribble: >>> Take it all for free and then refuse to give anything back. So very, >>> very typical of the worst sort of COLA "advocate". >> >> We ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 132 of 132

  1. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    >> Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Take it all for free and then refuse to give anything back. So very,
    >>> very typical of the worst sort of COLA "advocate".

    >> We give back on OUR terms.

    > Who is "our"?

    "OUR" is anyone, anywhere, individually, dickface.

    >> Not some self confessed troll out to cause trouble.

    > You are referring to who? 7? Mark Kent? Peter Koehlmann? Who?

    Lopez of course.
    Do try to keep up.

  2. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why notadd ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    On Jan 10, 12:07*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Lopez of course.
    > Do try to keep up.

    Who said a troll cannot add value? Who said that you have to believe
    100% in something, uncritically? Who said a Devil's Advocate is
    always wrong?

    You are the worse sort of lout--you believe in something "110%" and
    don't think critically. That's called religion. And you cannot
    think of the enemy's counter-argument without namecalling, dcikwad.

    In a battle, you'd be the first casualty, blindly running up the hill
    in the face of hostile fire when you should be assessing your options--
    if your own men don't get you first by fracticide.

    RL

  3. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    >>> Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >>>
    >>> We give back on OUR terms.

    >> Who is "our"?

    > "OUR" is anyone, anywhere, individually, dickface.

    It is somewhat similar to the "we" used frequently by Hadron Quark. Which he
    means to imply "he and other linux users". But means in reality "he and the
    rest of filthy wintroll scum" (the "true linux advocates")

    >>> Not some self confessed troll out to cause trouble.

    >> You are referring to who? 7? Mark Kent? Peter Koehlmann? Who?

    > Lopez of course.
    > Do try to keep up.

    Not possible
    --
    The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
    Support your right to bare arms!

  4. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Jan 10, 12:07*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> Lopez of course.
    >> Do try to keep up.
    >>

    > Who said a troll cannot add value?

    Oh, he certainly does. He bumps the number of troll posts by "one" with each
    of his worthless excrements

    > Who said that you have to believe 100% in something, uncritically?

    Well, in your case believing 1% would be way too high, BTW

    > Who said a Devil's Advocate is always wrong?

    You first need to learn what a "devils advocate" really is

    > You are the worse sort of lout--you believe in something "110%" and
    > don't think critically.

    Whereas you do?

    > That's called religion. And you cannot
    > think of the enemy's counter-argument without namecalling, dcikwad.

    Whereas you feel the need to call someone who disagrees with you "dickwad".
    Yes, ray-boi, that is sooo mature

    > In a battle, you'd be the first casualty, blindly running up the hill
    > in the face of hostile fire when you should be assessing your options--
    > if your own men don't get you first by fracticide.

    Idiot
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

  5. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    >>> Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >>>
    >>> We give back on OUR terms.

    >> Who is "our"?

    > "OUR" is anyone, anywhere, individually, dickface.

    No it isn't actually. It suggests a collective. I'm beginning to
    understand why you're so proud of your degree. You're a little below the
    average IQ of 7's family.

    >>> Not some self confessed troll out to cause trouble.

    >> You are referring to who? 7? Mark Kent? Peter Koehlmann? Who?

    > Lopez of course.
    > Do try to keep up.

    It could be anyone from the COLA gang IMO.

  6. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why notadd ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:59:42 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> Take it all for free and then refuse to give anything back. So very,
    >> very typical of the worst sort of COLA "advocate".

    > We give back on OUR terms.
    > Not some self confessed troll out to cause trouble.

    Exactly. I've helped out more people than I can count, either setting up
    their systems, teaching them how to use 'em, giving them hints and tips
    and whatnot and never charging a cent.

    Twits who for some reason *expect* me to help them, for free, when they
    show no apparent actual interest in learning on their own, they can pay
    through the nose.

  7. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    >Worthless wrote:
    >>
    >> Who said a troll cannot add value?

    No one, to my knowledge, has said that. For example, watching Quack
    make a jackass of himself can sometimes be entertaining and the
    rebuttals educational.

    But you truly are worthless.

  8. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:39:13 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> It's up to you to educate YOURSELF you idiot.
    >>>

    >> Which I think is a very typical attitude on the part of the OSS
    >> proponents
    >> and the key to their continued failure.

    > I'm perfectly happy to educate you about Linux. At $75 per hour. I'll
    > let you know when the payment clears.
    >
    > Oh, you thought we were somehow obligated to teach you for free? Sorry,
    > not happening.

  9. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add ?Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:39:13 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> It's up to you to educate YOURSELF you idiot.
    >>>

    >> Which I think is a very typical attitude on the part of the OSS
    >> proponents
    >> and the key to their continued failure.

    > I'm perfectly happy to educate you about Linux. At $75 per hour. I'll
    > let you know when the payment clears.
    >
    > Oh, you thought we were somehow obligated to teach you for free? Sorry,
    > not happening.

    You have to prime the pump, you know. Until you tell the world about it,
    they will not bother to ask.

  10. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why notadd Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    On 2008-01-06 03:26, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Jim Richardson" wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:25:20 -0500,
    >> amicus_curious wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Jim Richardson" wrote in message

    >>> I would rather think that Linux has been a domninat net server for quite
    >>> some time due to its wholesale replacement of Unix in that role and
    >>> its cost
    >>> advantages in an environment where the system user cannot see any
    >>> differences between it and more expensive methods. Linux role here
    >>> is being
    >>> challenged, though, and Microsoft is has closed the gap quite a bit
    >>> in the
    >>> past few years with Win2K3 Webserver edition. The latest announcements
    >>> regarding Win2K8 pricing have made many analysts think that
    >>> Linux/Apache/etc
    >>> is in for some more rough weather and will shortly see Windows pass
    >>> LAMP in
    >>> the installed population.
    >>>

    >> thus blowing you "Windows is more popular, that's why it's exploited
    >> more" theory into smithereens.
    >>

    > Silly, webservers are a very small part of the server market. It is the
    > one niche where Linux is popular since no one cares much about these
    > simple tasks. Linux is in 4th place overall in servers behind Windows,
    > Unix, IBM mainframe and barely ahead of Netware.
    >>
    >> Nice self nuke. Glad to see you've realized the fallacy of your claim.
    >>

    > You are far too quick to claim anything.

    What about the 500 biggest machines in the world? top500.org
    Operating system Family share for 11/2007
    Linux 85.20 %
    Mixed 6.80 %
    Unix 6.00 %
    Windows 1.20 %
    BSD Based 0.40 %
    Mac OS 0.40 %

    /bb

  11. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    "birre" wrote in message

    > What about the 500 biggest machines in the world? top500.org
    > Operating system Family share for 11/2007
    > Linux 85.20 %
    > Mixed 6.80 %
    > Unix 6.00 %
    > Windows 1.20 %
    > BSD Based 0.40 %
    > Mac OS 0.40 %

    Matters not at all to me. I don't have one. Do you? I am not even very
    sure just what I would do if I did.

  12. Re: Microsoft Office blocks certain files as virus sources--why not add Linux next? Linux is virusware.

    * birre fired off this tart reply:

    > What about the 500 biggest machines in the world? top500.org
    > Operating system Family share for 11/2007
    > Linux 85.20 %
    > Mixed 6.80 %
    > Unix 6.00 %
    > Windows 1.20 %
    > BSD Based 0.40 %
    > Mac OS 0.40 %

    Here's an interesting and old (1999) survey of servers, done using
    queso. While the results are very old, and could be biased (like any
    other survey results), it would be nice to see some updated numbers for
    2007/2008:

    http://www.leb.net/hzo/ioscount/

    The Internet Operating System Count April `99

    FTP servers:

    OS recognized (grouped, sorted) 01/99 %recog 04/99 %recog +/-%
    -------------------------------- ------ ------- ------- ------- ----
    1.( ) Linux 67884 36.8 100482 43.3 +6.5
    2.( ) Windows 95/98/NT 46815 25.4 54035 23.3 -2.1
    3.( ) BSD Family 23908 13.0 27021 11.6 -1.4

    NNTP servers:

    OS recognized (grouped, sorted) 01/99 %recog 04/99 %recog +/-%
    -------------------------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----
    1.( ) Linux 3792 27.1 4263 26.2 -0.9
    2.( ) Solaris/SunOS 2911 20.8 3342 20.5 -0.3
    3.( ) Windows 95/98/NT 2404 17.2 2607 16.0 -1.2

    Web servers:

    OS recognized (grouped, sorted) 01/99 %recog 04/99 %recog +/-%
    -------------------------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----
    1.( ) Linux 215416 26.7 295003 28.7 +2.0
    2.( ) Windows 95/98/NT 195965 24.3 253520 24.6 +0.3
    3.( ) Solaris/SunOS 162117 20.1 194281 18.9 -1.2

    Will we ever see updated numbers?

    http://www.linuxtoday.com/security/1998103000205PS

    The Internet Operating System Counter run by cubenet.de which has
    been so useful in bringing to light the predominance of Linux use on
    the Internet has been stopped because of accusations of hacking in
    Israeli domains.

    The Counter, which uses the freeware probing software Queso currently
    featured in the InfoWorld article TCP fingerprinting solutions for
    Linux offer another way to gather security data, was accused of
    initiating "hack attacks" against "hi-tech companies and banks".

    Yet another hurdle that OS surveys face.

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7