Surprise... - Linux

This is a discussion on Surprise... - Linux ; On Jan 4, 6:10 pm, "DFS" wrote: > alt wrote: > > But I can't say I saw any "Zune" products in Best Buy. > > Is this what you call "Linux advocacy"? > > http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...KRRF2SDDIJKC4D ... English and Espanol? ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Surprise...

    On Jan 4, 6:10 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > alt wrote:
    > > But I can't say I saw any "Zune" products in Best Buy.

    > Is this what you call "Linux advocacy"?
    >
    > http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage...KRRF2SDDIJKC4D...

    English and Espanol? Sorry senoir, you got the wrong country.

    Well, I'm pretty sure that the Zune may make it north of the border
    one day.
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/search/searchr...B6F&search=KWS

  2. Re: Surprise...

    On Jan 4, 6:21 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article
    > ,
    >
    > bobbie wrote:
    > > Yeah, that's one thing I noticed missing from the shelves at both
    > > future shop and best buy, the Zune. It's not like they sold out of
    > > them, there wasn't even shelf space alloted to them. No mention of
    > > them in any of the sales fliers either.
    > > I guess the Zunes were kept locked up in a back room somewhere so that
    > > they wouldn't squirt all over the Christmas shoppers.

    > Zune has not been released for the Canadian market.
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

    Yeah, but I thought with such a popular music player that was taking
    over the portable music player industry by storm surely Microsoft
    wouldn't over look the Canadian market.
    It's not like our dollar isn't worth anything.

  3. Re: Surprise...

    bobbie :
    > On Jan 4, 6:21 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >>
    >> bobbie wrote:
    >> > Yeah, that's one thing I noticed missing from the shelves at both
    >> > future shop and best buy, the Zune. It's not like they sold out of
    >> > them, there wasn't even shelf space alloted to them. No mention of
    >> > them in any of the sales fliers either.
    >> > I guess the Zunes were kept locked up in a back room somewhere so that
    >> > they wouldn't squirt all over the Christmas shoppers.

    >> Zune has not been released for the Canadian market.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Tim Smith

    > Yeah, but I thought with such a popular music player that was taking
    > over the portable music player industry by storm surely Microsoft
    > wouldn't over look the Canadian market.
    > It's not like our dollar isn't worth anything.

    It's not about the dollar, it's about potential sales. Canada has fewer
    people in the country than New York state alone. This makes MS a wee bit
    ho-hum about shipping bad product late to the north. They'd rather take
    India and China. There's a third of the world population right there
    that can have their wallets hoovered.

    --
    I'm having a tax-deductible experience! I need an energy crunch!!

    www.websterscafe.com

  4. Re: Surprise...

    Handover Phist espoused:
    > bobbie :
    >> On Jan 4, 6:21 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> Zune has not been released for the Canadian market.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> --Tim Smith

    >> Yeah, but I thought with such a popular music player that was taking
    >> over the portable music player industry by storm surely Microsoft
    >> wouldn't over look the Canadian market.
    >> It's not like our dollar isn't worth anything.

    > It's not about the dollar, it's about potential sales. Canada has fewer
    > people in the country than New York state alone.

    Nope. Canada has a greater population than every US state except
    California, which itself is significantly larger than every other US
    state in population terms.

    Canada is about 33 million.

    California is about 36 million
    Texas is about 23 million
    New York is about 19 million (< 2/3 of Canada)
    Florida is about 18 million.

    After that, they get small pretty quickly, indeed London, at about 8
    million, has a greater population than 40 out of the 50+ US states and
    imperial possessions, which are essentially empty.

    It would be much more interesting to look at GDP numbers, but I would
    expect that Canada's is extremely high.

    > This makes MS a wee bit
    > ho-hum about shipping bad product late to the north. They'd rather take
    > India and China. There's a third of the world population right there
    > that can have their wallets hoovered.

    In GDP terms, India and China are certainly coming up, but they're not
    close to Canada, and Canada is larger than all but one of the US states.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2