Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it - Linux

This is a discussion on Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it - Linux ; I'm already sorry. 12th pic at http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...assistant.html...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

  2. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > I'm already sorry.

    Yes, we know you are sorry.

    > 12th pic at
    > http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    windows-assistant.html

    BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    incessant, dishonest whining.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    DFS wrote:

    > I'm already sorry.

    So your boss says.

    How do you expect to get promoted to lettuce washer at McD's?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I even have boring dreams...I fall asleep in my sleep!

    Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

  4. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:16:07 +0000, Rick wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> I'm already sorry.

    > Yes, we know you are sorry.
    >

    >> 12th pic at
    >> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    > windows-assistant.html
    >
    > BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    > around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    > incessant, dishonest whining.

    He can't. If he did, he'd blow up like a balloon and explode.

  5. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > I'm already sorry.

    Your mother is sorry she met your father.

    > 12th pic at
    > http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...assistant.html

    Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot? Do you go
    blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    --
    Kier

  6. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    alt wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 04:16:07 +0000, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm already sorry.

    >> Yes, we know you are sorry.
    >>

    >>> 12th pic at
    >>> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    >> windows-assistant.html
    >>
    >> BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    >> around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    >> incessant, dishonest whining.

    > He can't. If he did, he'd blow up like a balloon and explode.

    And anyhow, DooFu$ is only doing it to troll.

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

  7. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    * Kier fired off this tart reply:

    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> I'm already sorry.

    > Your mother is sorry she met your father.
    >

    >> 12th pic at
    >> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...assistant.html

    > Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot? Do you go
    > blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    Yeah, I don't get it. Just grab your monitor's brochure, if it isn't in
    the drop-down list and doesn't support auto-detection, find the two
    values, and type them in.

    Windows is just as helpful -- it will let you /guess/ at a resolution,
    try it, then wait 15 seconds for you to confirm that it works. Hope
    your monitor is new enough to handle it if you picked a resolution and
    color-depth that is too high.

    Hey, if this is all DFS can find after is monomaniacal searches,
    GNU/Linux is in great shape.

    --
    This sig has expired. Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
    and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to

  8. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    You're a nasty little piece of underachieving ****, aren't you?

    >> 12th pic at
    >> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...assistant.html

    > Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot?

    For being a hypocrite that excuses lousy software, of course.

    It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put in
    horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor. What a
    friggin' joke.

    What's changed from 1997? Same slop, different day. The Linux/OSS
    clown-show keeps rolling along.

    > Do you go blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    Ever heard of a typo?

  9. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:10:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm already sorry.

    >> Your mother is sorry she met your father.

    > You're a nasty little piece of underachieving ****, aren't you?

    Pot, kettle, black.

    >>> 12th pic at
    >>> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    windows-assistant.html

    >> Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot?

    > For being a hypocrite that excuses lousy software, of course.

    That would be you excusing Microsoft?

    > It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put in
    > horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor. What a
    > friggin' joke.

    Then don't use Windows.

    > What's changed from 1997? Same slop, different day. The Linux/OSS
    > clown-show keeps rolling along.

    You misspelled Microsoft industry stifling clown show.

    >> Do you go blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    > Ever heard of a typo?

    Have you?

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> I'm already sorry.

    > Yes, we know you are sorry.
    >

    >> 12th pic at
    >> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    > windows-assistant.html
    >
    > BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    > around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    > incessant, dishonest whining.

    Oh look. Rick once again shows what a hypocrite he is.

    - "If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your incessant, dishonest
    whining"

    Funny **** because yesterday Ghost in the Machine was whining about Windows
    since he apparently programs for Windows to earn his living. His thread "How
    annoyed am I at Microsoft? Let me count the ways..." was a whine but Rick
    the hypocrite conveniently looks the other way.

    The other day Doug Menthol whined about "Working on Microsoft time..." where
    he also uses a Windows machine and whines about it. Where is Rick the
    hypocrite then to tell Doug that if he doesn't like Windows then don't use
    it and to quit his whining? Of course Rick didn't say anything because like
    most "advocates" he's a scumbag hypocrite.

    But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite (aka
    Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit whining."

    Yes... more proof that like most linux advoctes, Rick is a pathetic
    hypocrite.

  11. "Dusty" the liar.

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:31:18 -0500, Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm already sorry.

    >> Yes, we know you are sorry.
    >>

    >>> 12th pic at
    >>> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...s-assistant/x-

    >> windows-assistant.html
    >>
    >> BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    >> around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    >> incessant, dishonest whining.
    >>

    > Oh look. Rick once again shows what a hypocrite he is.

    Oh, look, "Dusty" proves what a liar it is.

    > - "If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your incessant, dishonest
    > whining"
    >
    > Funny **** because yesterday Ghost in the Machine was whining about
    > Windows since he apparently programs for Windows to earn his living. His
    > thread "How annoyed am I at Microsoft? Let me count the ways..." was a
    > whine but Rick the hypocrite conveniently looks the other way.

    .... didn't read the message. Are you suggesting I have to read every
    thread and every message?

    > The other day Doug Menthol whined about "Working on Microsoft time..."
    > where he also uses a Windows machine and whines about it. Where is Rick
    > the hypocrite then to tell Doug that if he doesn't like Windows then
    > don't use it and to quit his whining? Of course Rick didn't say anything
    > because like most "advocates" he's a scumbag hypocrite.
    >
    > But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite (aka
    > Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit
    > whining."
    >
    > Yes... more proof that like most linux advoctes, Rick is a pathetic
    > hypocrite.

    More proof "Dusty" is a lying troll.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: "Rick" the hypocrite.

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:31:18 -0500, Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> Yes, we know you are sorry.

    >>> windows-assistant.html
    >>>
    >>> BTW, I am happy I use Linux. I chose to use it as my primary desktop OS
    >>> around 10 years ago. If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your
    >>> incessant, dishonest whining.
    >>>

    >> Oh look. Rick once again shows what a hypocrite he is.

    > Oh, look, "Dusty" proves what a liar it is.
    >

    >> - "If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your incessant, dishonest
    >> whining"
    >>
    >> Funny **** because yesterday Ghost in the Machine was whining about
    >> Windows since he apparently programs for Windows to earn his living. His
    >> thread "How annoyed am I at Microsoft? Let me count the ways..." was a
    >> whine but Rick the hypocrite conveniently looks the other way.

    > ... didn't read the message. Are you suggesting I have to read every
    > thread and every message?

    How convenient. It seems that Rick *never* reads or sees anything where the
    liars^h^h^h "advocates" cry, whine or complain. But somehow he's always
    right there and manages to read every message where someone has something
    negative to say about linux.

    >> The other day Doug Menthol whined about "Working on Microsoft time..."
    >> where he also uses a Windows machine and whines about it. Where is Rick
    >> the hypocrite then to tell Doug that if he doesn't like Windows then
    >> don't use it and to quit his whining? Of course Rick didn't say anything
    >> because like most "advocates" he's a scumbag hypocrite.
    >>
    >> But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite (aka
    >> Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit
    >> whining."
    >>
    >> Yes... more proof that like most linux advoctes, Rick is a pathetic
    >> hypocrite.

    > More proof "Dusty" is a lying troll.

    Nobody cares what a hypocrite like Rick says or thinks.

  13. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:

    > It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put in
    > horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor. What a
    > friggin' joke.

    Same as Windows, dude, if your monitor ain't in the "approved" list.

    Plus, modern monitors will simply go dark when you put in improper
    values.

    Your petty whining is what is pathetic, actually.

    --
    This sig has expired. Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
    and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to
    your account.

  14. Re: "Rick" the hypocrite.

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:57:46 -0500, Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:31:18 -0500, Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> Oh look. Rick once again shows what a hypocrite he is.

    >> Oh, look, "Dusty" proves what a liar it is.
    >>

    >>> - "If you don't like, don't use it. Just stop your incessant,
    >>> dishonest whining"
    >>>
    >>> Funny **** because yesterday Ghost in the Machine was whining about
    >>> Windows since he apparently programs for Windows to earn his living.
    >>> His thread "How annoyed am I at Microsoft? Let me count the ways..."
    >>> was a whine but Rick the hypocrite conveniently looks the other way.

    >> ... didn't read the message. Are you suggesting I have to read every
    >> thread and every message?

    > How convenient. It seems that Rick *never* reads or sees anything where
    > the liars^h^h^h "advocates" cry, whine or complain. But somehow he's
    > always right there and manages to read every message where someone has
    > something negative to say about linux.

    It seems you are wrong. Again. Statistically, I don't read many messages
    in this group. And yes, I do read more (no where near all) messages from
    people that diss Linux.

    >>> The other day Doug Menthol whined about "Working on Microsoft time..."
    >>> where he also uses a Windows machine and whines about it. Where is
    >>> Rick the hypocrite then to tell Doug that if he doesn't like Windows
    >>> then don't use it and to quit his whining? Of course Rick didn't say
    >>> anything because like most "advocates" he's a scumbag hypocrite.
    >>>
    >>> But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite
    >>> (aka Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit
    >>> whining."
    >>>
    >>> Yes... more proof that like most linux advoctes, Rick is a pathetic
    >>> hypocrite.

    >> More proof "Dusty" is a lying troll.
    >>

    > Nobody cares what a hypocrite like Rick says or thinks.

    Then you must be Nobody.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: "Rick" the hypocrite.

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:57:46 -0500, Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    > Nobody cares what a hypocrite like Rick says or thinks.

    Nobody cares what you say.

    *plonk*

  16. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:10:17 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm already sorry.

    >> Your mother is sorry she met your father.

    > You're a nasty little piece of underachieving ****, aren't you?

    You deserve it, you say far worse about Linux advocates, and Linux.

    >>> 12th pic at
    >>> http://www.mepisguides.com/Mepis-6/u...assistant.html

    >> Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot?

    > For being a hypocrite that excuses lousy software, of course.

    HOw so? Whats's lousy about it, idiot?

    > It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put in
    > horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor. What a
    > friggin' joke.

    Any fool who inputs a value without knowing it to be correct deserves what
    they get.

    > What's changed from 1997? Same slop, different day. The Linux/OSS
    > clown-show keeps rolling along.

    Lying twit.

    >> Do you go blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    > Ever heard of a typo?

    What do typos have to do with it, twit? Mepis is not responsible for
    anyone's typos.

    --
    Kier

  17. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Kier wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:10:17 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Kier wrote:

    >>> Your mother is sorry she met your father.

    >> You're a nasty little piece of underachieving ****, aren't you?

    > You deserve it, you say far worse about Linux advocates, and Linux.

    The truth about the lying, hypocritical "advocates" on cola does sound
    harsh. And when talking about the half-ass (cr)apps in Linux la-la land you
    can't help slinging a few choice putdowns. But your attempted insult -
    along with some other vitriol spewed at me by cola losers over the years -
    is far worse than anything I've ever said here.

    >>> Ands exactly what are we supposed to be sorry for, idiot?

    >> For being a hypocrite that excuses lousy software, of course.

    > HOw so? Whats's lousy about it, idiot?

    It will burn out your monitor if you're not "careful!", dumbass.

    >> It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put
    >> in horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor.
    >> What a friggin' joke.

    > Any fool who inputs a value without knowing it to be correct deserves
    > what they get.

    Any fool who uses Linux deserves what they get.

    >> What's changed from 1997? Same slop, different day. The Linux/OSS
    >> clown-show keeps rolling along.

    > Lying twit.

    Cheap-ass, no-standards dullard.

    >>> Do you go blindly filling in values you have no idea of? I don't.

    >> Ever heard of a typo?

    > What do typos have to do with it, twit? Mepis is not responsible for
    > anyone's typos.

    So why are they warning you to be "careful!" when you use their crapware,
    moron?

  18. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:05:22 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >>> You're a nasty little piece of underachieving ****, aren't you?

    >> You deserve it, you say far worse about Linux advocates, and Linux.

    > The truth about the lying, hypocritical "advocates" on cola does sound
    > harsh. And when talking about the half-ass (cr)apps in Linux la-la land you
    > can't help slinging a few choice putdowns. But your attempted insult -
    > along with some other vitriol spewed at me by cola losers over the years -
    > is far worse than anything I've ever said here.

    Really? And all the disgusting things you've said about Richard Stallman,
    and Hans Reiser are just fine, eh? Get lost?

    >>> For being a hypocrite that excuses lousy software, of course.

    >> HOw so? Whats's lousy about it, idiot?

    > It will burn out your monitor if you're not "careful!", dumbass.

    So, be careful - as the config app warns you to be. If there was no
    warning, you'd whine about that, too, wouldn't you?

    >>> It's 2007, and the the cruddy, amateurish software will let you put
    >>> in horizontal refresh rates that will ruin your expensive monitor.
    >>> What a friggin' joke.

    >> Any fool who inputs a value without knowing it to be correct deserves
    >> what they get.

    > Any fool who uses Linux deserves what they get.

    They get a great OS.

    >>> What's changed from 1997? Same slop, different day. The Linux/OSS
    >>> clown-show keeps rolling along.

    >> Lying twit.

    > Cheap-ass, no-standards dullard.

    Whining troll. If you don't like Linux, stop pretending to use it, and
    whining about it, and bugger off. You won't be missed.

    >>> Ever heard of a typo?

    >> What do typos have to do with it, twit? Mepis is not responsible for
    >> anyone's typos.

    > So why are they warning you to be "careful!" when you use their crapware,
    > moron?

    Because they want the user to be careful, fool. You say it's 'dangerous'
    to do something, then whine when there's a warning to be cautious. Idiot.

    --
    Kier

  19. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    > But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite (aka
    > Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit whining."

    Someone like DFS who continues to use Linux (so he says) and continues to
    whine about it.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  20. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >
    >> But when someone says something negative about linux the hypocrite (aka
    >> Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it don't use it.. quit
    >> whining."
    >>

    > Someone like DFS who continues to use Linux (so he says) and continues to
    > whine about it.

    Or Hardon Quack for that matter:

    The great majority of Windows application SW
    is eons better than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC
    Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007
    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,
    8, 6, 5--
    Holly, *where's* 7?
    --Red Dwarf--

+ Reply to Thread