Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it - Linux

This is a discussion on Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it - Linux ; Kier wrote: > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:05:22 -0500, DFS wrote: > >> Kier wrote: >>> On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:10:17 -0500, DFS wrote: >>> >>>> Kier wrote: >>>>> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:10:08 -0500, DFS wrote: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:05:22 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Kier wrote:

    >>> You deserve it, you say far worse about Linux advocates, and Linux.

    >> The truth about the lying, hypocritical "advocates" on cola does
    >> sound harsh. And when talking about the half-ass (cr)apps in Linux
    >> la-la land you can't help slinging a few choice putdowns. But your
    >> attempted insult - along with some other vitriol spewed at me by
    >> cola losers over the years - is far worse than anything I've ever
    >> said here.

    > Really? And all the disgusting things you've said about Richard
    > Stallman, and Hans Reiser are just fine, eh? Get lost?

    Nothing I said about them approaches the level of spastic, childish hatred a
    few cola idiots have spat at me through the years (and yesterday in your
    case).

    >>> HOw so? Whats's lousy about it, idiot?

    >> It will burn out your monitor if you're not "careful!", dumbass.

    > So, be careful - as the config app warns you to be. If there was no
    > warning, you'd whine about that, too, wouldn't you?

    There should be no need for a warning. But the unpaid OSS developers are
    too lazy to do their jobs.

    >>> Any fool who inputs a value without knowing it to be correct
    >>> deserves what they get.

    >> Any fool who uses Linux deserves what they get.

    > They get a great OS.

    It's a decent OS, hobbled by lousy end-user apps, poor graphics performance,
    virtually no games, and lagging support for the latest hardware.

    >>> Lying twit.

    >> Cheap-ass, no-standards dullard.

    > Whining troll. If you don't like Linux, stop pretending to use it, and
    > whining about it, and bugger off. You won't be missed.

    Hypocrite fool. Why don't you say this every day to the many cola regs who
    spend their time on cola insulting MS and Windows?

    >>> What do typos have to do with it, twit? Mepis is not responsible for
    >>> anyone's typos.

    >> So why are they warning you to be "careful!" when you use their
    >> crapware, moron?

    > Because they want the user to be careful, fool. You say it's
    > 'dangerous' to do something, then whine when there's a warning to be
    > cautious.

    Why should the user have to be 'careful!' (literally) when configuring their
    monitor settings? Only in OSS (cr)app-land.

    > Idiot.

    Broke loser.

  2. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:08:26 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >>> The truth about the lying, hypocritical "advocates" on cola does
    >>> sound harsh. And when talking about the half-ass (cr)apps in Linux
    >>> la-la land you can't help slinging a few choice putdowns. But your
    >>> attempted insult - along with some other vitriol spewed at me by
    >>> cola losers over the years - is far worse than anything I've ever
    >>> said here.

    >> Really? And all the disgusting things you've said about Richard
    >> Stallman, and Hans Reiser are just fine, eh? Get lost?

    > Nothing I said about them approaches the level of spastic, childish hatred a
    > few cola idiots have spat at me through the years (and yesterday in your
    > case).

    Aww diddums!

    >>> It will burn out your monitor if you're not "careful!", dumbass.

    >> So, be careful - as the config app warns you to be. If there was no
    >> warning, you'd whine about that, too, wouldn't you?

    > There should be no need for a warning. But the unpaid OSS developers are
    > too lazy to do their jobs.

    Wrong, liar.

    >>> Any fool who uses Linux deserves what they get.

    >> They get a great OS.

    > It's a decent OS, hobbled by lousy end-user apps, poor graphics performance,

    Wrong, liar.

    > virtually no games, and lagging support for the latest hardware.

    Games? Who cares? Hardware? Blame the manufacturers.

    >>> Cheap-ass, no-standards dullard.

    >> Whining troll. If you don't like Linux, stop pretending to use it, and
    >> whining about it, and bugger off. You won't be missed.

    > Hypocrite fool. Why don't you say this every day to the many cola regs who
    > spend their time on cola insulting MS and Windows?

    They're in their own place - COLA. They're not in a Windows group. You
    don't belong here.

    >>> So why are they warning you to be "careful!" when you use their
    >>> crapware, moron?

    >> Because they want the user to be careful, fool. You say it's
    >> 'dangerous' to do something, then whine when there's a warning to be
    >> cautious.

    > Why should the user have to be 'careful!' (literally) when configuring their
    > monitor settings? Only in OSS (cr)app-land.

    Foolish liar.

    >> Idiot.

    > Broke loser.

    Ahhahahahhaha! You're sitting here in COLA whining constantly about an OS
    you don't like and don't want and don't use, and you call *me* a loser?
    That's hilarious! Ahhhhahahhahhahaah!

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > Dusty Hendrix

    AKA 1st Lt Jean Poole, Adam Baum, Abdul Catrell, Barb Dwyer,
    Capt. James Pike, Capt. Morgan, Captain Commando, Colonel Ichabod
    Conk, Cpl. Kronk, Dr Gang Green, Dr. Disco, Dr. Fafoofnik, Dr.
    Feelgood, Dr. GroundAxe, Dr. Hungwell, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Livingston,
    Dr. McGillicudy, Dr. Pain, Dr. Seymour Butts, Dr. Shlongwell, Dr.
    Shlongwell (aka your Boss), Dr. Smooth, Dr. Zhivago, Dusty
    Hendrix, Geppetto Olivio, Gordon Glover, Keith Windsor, Lintard
    Luser, Lt. Stardust, nym-thief imposter of Mindy Cohen, Mr. Doug
    Hoel, Mr. X, Ms. Polly Ester, Ofc. Michael Clayton, Pedro Little,
    even

    rafael (note - nym-thief couldn't leave my poor Rafael alone),

    Randy Oaks, Sgt. Wannacker, SgtMajor Gansevoort, nym-thief
    imposter of Sinister Midget, Sophie McDowell, Simon Templar, Sir
    Michael Clayton, Sue Romer, SW, Walter Smeddler, Warren Piece,
    Zumwalt Humphry plus buku more

    > wrote:
    >
    >> But when someone says something negative about linux the
    >> hypocrite (aka Rick) jumps right in with the "don't like it
    >> don't use it.. quit whining."

    > Someone like DFS who continues to use Linux (so he says) and
    > continues to whine about it.

    He is a supposed software expert and he can't seem to get Linux
    installed correctly, albeit everyone else is. I certainly would
    not want him in my shop. Customer focus is important.

    --
    HPT
    Ex-spurt (def.) - A drip formerly under pressure.

  4. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:26:39 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    > Or Hardon Quack for that matter:
    >
    > The great majority of Windows application SW
    > is eons better than it's OSS copy or alternative.
    >
    > From: Hadron
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > Subject: Re: Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC
    > Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007

    eon [n]:

    1. Eternity
    2. The length of time taken for Hadron to post an on topic article
    3. The expected length of time before Hadron posts without lying
    4. A measurement of how long it would take for Hadron to be
    awarded any academically recognized qualification

  5. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    DFS wrote:

    > Nothing I said about them approaches the level of spastic, childish hatred
    > a few cola idiots have spat at me through the years (and yesterday in your
    > case).

    Really? Worse than calling linux posters in COLA wankers and faeces
    flingers?

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Nothing I said about them approaches the level of spastic, childish
    >> hatred a few cola idiots have spat at me through the years (and yesterday
    >> in your case).
    >>

    > Really? Worse than calling linux posters in COLA wankers and faeces
    > flingers?

    DFS is as dumb as a brick, so in his case: if the cap fits, wear it.

    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,

  7. Re: Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:16:06 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nothing I said about them approaches the level of spastic, childish
    >>> hatred a few cola idiots have spat at me through the years (and yesterday
    >>> in your case).
    >>>

    >> Really? Worse than calling linux posters in COLA wankers and faeces
    >> flingers?
    >>

    > DFS is as dumb as a brick, so in his case: if the cap fits, wear it.

    I think you dropped an 'r' in there somewhere...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2