Federal agencies embrace Windows Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Federal agencies embrace Windows Vista - Linux ; Linonut writes: > * Dusty Hendrix fired off this tart reply: > >> "DFS" wrote in message >> news:r48fj.23184$L27.1340@bignews9.bellsouth.net.. . >>> "De Sanno [of Veteran's Affairs] said Vista's security features are >>> significant enough to call for an immediate agencywide ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Federal agencies embrace Windows Vista

    Linonut writes:

    > * Dusty Hendrix fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> "DFS" wrote in message
    >> news:r48fj.23184$L27.1340@bignews9.bellsouth.net.. .
    >>> "De Sanno [of Veteran's Affairs] said Vista's security features are
    >>> significant enough to call for an immediate agencywide upgrade."
    >>>
    >>> "...several agencies plan to move more quickly to deploy Vista than they
    >>> did
    >>> with previous operating system releases."
    >>>
    >>> "The Defense Department and intelligence agencies have been particularly
    >>> interested in Vista."
    >>>
    >>> http://www.washingtontechnology.com/...4/30261-1.html

    >> Vista will be just like WinXP. At first all of the pundits and doubters were
    >> laughing about the "Fischer Price UI" and how XP is going to fail and how
    >> this was the big moment for Linux. Years later, everyone be using XP just
    >> like they used Win2k and Win98 before that.

    > I think that a DFS and a Dusty Hendrix combine to make up a Hadron.

    We've told you about "thinking" and "adding things up". Go and take your
    meds lienut.

    >> Seems that the morons^h^h^h "advocates" didn't learn their lesson because
    >> history is once again repeating itself. In a few years Vista will be as
    >> ubiquitous as Windows XP is today. And the "advocates" will still be waiting
    >> for linux to appear on more than 0.6% of the desktops.

    > Or Vista may be the ME edition, and it will take Windows 7 to get it
    > right.

    Or maybe just windows me using 7?

    > In the meantime, businesses that value stability in operation and
    > stability in interfaces will continue to move slowly.

    No. They will continue to use Windows. As your company does. And Koehlmann's.

    > Also, I suspect the numbers for Linux are not only higher than your
    > figure, but they will be fifteen times higher in a couple-a-three
    > years.

    Nurse! Up the dosage!

    > By the way, this quote from the article smalls like bull****:
    >
    > Most agencies already own Vista, so the biggest cost is the business
    > costs, he said.

  2. Re: Federal agencies embrace Windows Vista

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> I think that a DFS and a Dusty Hendrix combine to make up a Hadron.

    > Dude, I almost shot coffee onto my monitor reading that. I suggest
    > a new Internet Acronym in your honor:
    >
    > SHCOON = Shooting Hot Coffee Out Of Nose
    >
    > Thad

    It really wasn't that funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2