[News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member - Linux ; Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member ,----[ Quote ] | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones, has | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a Linux | based software ...

  1. [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones, has
    | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a Linux
    | based software platform for mobile phones. In joining the LiMo Foundation as
    | an Associate member, Purple Labs becomes the first commercial Linux platform
    | for feature phones in the consortium.
    `----

    http://www.cellular-news.com/story/28368.php

    Android's adversaries analysed - or are they?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But the mobile Linux Development movement is much larger and more complex
    | than MontaVista - a Linux software company. There are at least two bodies,
    | each with an impressive array of industry heavyweight members - that are
    | backing open Linux-based mobile platforms, plus four such platforms within
    | the aforementioned Japanese wireless ecosystem.
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15949/1096/

    Related:

    Celunite joins LiMo Foundation

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Celunite, developer of a next-generation mobile software platform based on
    | Linux and other open source innovations, announced it has become the first
    | mobile phone operating system provider to join the LiMo Foundation, an
    | independent, not-for-profit entity that strives to increase the adoption of
    | Linux within the mobile industry.
    `----

    http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/1767/limo-foundation/

    Symbian senior VP defects to mobile Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The LiMo (Linux Mobile) Foundation, an industry group building a common
    | software stack for Linux-based mobile phones, today announced a dozen new
    | members. The organization also disclosed that rival Symbian's longtime Senior
    | VP of Sales and Professional Services, Morgan Gillis, will soon become its
    | Executive Director.
    `----

    LiMo Foundation Announces Membership Surge

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | World’s first global mobile Linux initiative announces rapid early expansion
    | of membership as powerful ecosystem begins to take shape
    `----

    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...38&newsLang=en

    Wind River Joins LiMo Foundation, Reinforces Commitment to Reduce Complexity of
    Linux for Mobile Handsets

    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...12&newsLang=en

    Broadcom Joins the LiMo Foundation as a Leading Semiconductor Provider for
    Mobile Linux(R) Solutions

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.stockhouse.ca/news/news.a...newsid=6113695

  2. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones,
    > has
    > | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a
    > Linux
    > | based software platform for mobile phones. In joining the LiMo
    > Foundation as
    > | an Associate member, Purple Labs becomes the first commercial Linux
    > platform
    > | for feature phones in the consortium.
    > `----

    LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong to
    Schestowitz?

  3. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Dusty Hendrix

    wrote
    on Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:00:12 -0500
    <477d16f7$0$26119$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones,
    >> has
    >> | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a
    >> Linux
    >> | based software platform for mobile phones. In joining the LiMo
    >> Foundation as
    >> | an Associate member, Purple Labs becomes the first commercial Linux
    >> platform
    >> | for feature phones in the consortium.
    >> `----

    > LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong to
    > Schestowitz?

    Are you here to discuss Linux or to throw stupid insults?

    Calling Linux stupid is one thing...and there are a few
    who might. But calling Roy -- or anyone else -- stupid
    is quite another.

    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...c.html#hominem

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #992381111:
    while(bit&BITMASK) ;

  4. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones,
    >> has
    >> | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a
    >> Linux
    >> | based software platform for mobile phones. In joining the LiMo
    >> Foundation as
    >> | an Associate member, Purple Labs becomes the first commercial Linux
    >> platform
    >> | for feature phones in the consortium.
    >> `----

    > LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong to
    > Schestowitz?

    Oh, oh, another sore windows loser pulling the gay card

    Gods, you guys are priceless. Without guys like you, people actually would
    not believe that such stupidity is even possible, much less rampant

    --
    Only two things are infinite,
    the Universe and Stupidity.

  5. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> has
    >>> Linux
    >>> Foundation as
    >>> platform
    >>> `----

    >> LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong
    >> to Schestowitz?
    >>

    > Oh, oh, another sore windows loser pulling the gay card
    >
    > Gods, you guys are priceless. Without guys like you, people actually would
    > not believe that such stupidity is even possible, much less rampant

    Just an other idiot windoze troll IMO.

    "Nothing to see folks, move along"..

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

  6. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Dusty Hendrix
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:00:12 -0500
    > <477d16f7$0$26119$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>:
    >>
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> has
    >>> Linux
    >>> Foundation as
    >>> platform
    >>> `----

    >> LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong
    >> Schestowitz?
    >>

    > Are you here to discuss Linux or to throw stupid insults?

    Did you ask Kohlmann, chrisv and Willy Poaster this question? I have yet to
    see a single post from any of these retards that doesn't throw stupid
    insults at people.

    > Calling Linux stupid is one thing...and there are a few
    > who might. But calling Roy -- or anyone else -- stupid
    > is quite another.

    Roy Schestowitz is a retard. Anyone who thinks that a BIOS startup error
    (Keyboard error - Press F1 to continue) is a bug in Vista is beyond stupid.

  7. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    ____/ William Poaster on Thursday 03 January 2008 19:28 : \____

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation you belong
    >>> to Schestowitz?
    >>>

    >> Oh, oh, another sore windows loser pulling the gay card
    >>
    >> Gods, you guys are priceless. Without guys like you, people actually would
    >> not believe that such stupidity is even possible, much less rampant

    > Just an other idiot windoze troll IMO.
    >
    > "Nothing to see folks, move along"..

    Trolls thinks LiMo, trolls thinks of gay people. It must make you wonder what
    occupies a troll's mind most of the time.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
    03:05:02 up 24 days, 15:53, 4 users, load average: 0.81, 1.33, 1.84

  8. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ William Poaster on Thursday 03 January 2008 19:28 : \____
    >
    >> Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >>> Oh, oh, another sore windows loser pulling the gay card
    >>>
    >>> Gods, you guys are priceless. Without guys like you, people actually
    >>> would not believe that such stupidity is even possible, much less
    >>> rampant

    >> Just an other idiot windoze troll IMO.
    >>
    >> "Nothing to see folks, move along"..

    > Trolls thinks LiMo, trolls thinks of gay people. It must make you wonder
    > what occupies a troll's mind most of the time.

    AFAIK nothing can occupy a vacuum [1].

    [1] A vacuum is a volume of space that is essentially empty of matter, such
    that its gaseous pressure is much less than standard atmospheric pressure.

    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,
    8, 6, 5--
    Holly, *where's* 7?
    --Red Dwarf--

  9. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    "High Plains Thumper" wrote in message
    > Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote...
    >>
    >>> Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/28368.php

    >> LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo foundation
    >> you belong to Schestowitz?

    > Interesting that you as a continuous nymshifter and sock puppeteer

    Oh look... High Plains Rafael the nymshifting lying moron wrote something.

    As usual. Nothing worth reading from High Plains Rafael.

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...mper-liar.html

    The "High Plains Thumper" liar
    A worthless nym-shifting moron who has also posted under all sorts of "nyms"
    such as Rafael for example. When accused of 'nym-shifting' he first denied
    it then did a pathetic attempt to ignore the accusation. When confronted
    with overwhelming evidence he then claimed that his pathetic nym-shifting
    was some sort of "social experiment" - is this guy a total loser or what?

    He is often taken to task for making ridiculous statements that are grossly
    wrong. When confronted with facts that prove him to be an idiot he resorts
    to childish posting where he replies with some made up FAQ as if it proves
    something. All it proves is that "High Plains Rafael" is simply one of the
    dumbest linux advocates on the planet.

  10. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    > "High Plains Thumper" wrote...
    >> Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote...

    >>> LiMo foundation??? Is that anything like the Homo
    >>> foundation you belong to Schestowitz?

    >> Interesting that you as a continuous nymshifter and sock
    >> puppeteer
    >>
    >> AKA 1st Lt Jean Poole, Adam Baum, Barb Dwyer, Capt. James

    >> rafael (note the nym-thief couldn't even leave poor Rafael
    >> alone),
    >>
    >> Randy Oaks, Sgt. Wannacker, SgtMajor Gansevoort, nym-thief
    >> imposter of Sinister Midget, Sophie McDowell, Simon Templar,
    >> Sir Michael Clayton, Sue Romer, SW, Walter Smeddler, Warren
    >> Piece, Zumwalt Humphry and many, many, many more
    >>
    >> should express homophobic associations toward an advocate.
    >> This is an example of:
    >>
    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>
    >> Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >>
    >> If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    >> troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty,
    >> posting from obviously incorrect variations of the name etc.
    >> insults, call them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.

    > Oh look... High Plains Rafael the nymshifting lying moron
    > wrote something.

    from idiot troll>

    Give it up Scott, you are a luser.

    --
    HPT

  11. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    > Dusty Hendrix wrote:

    >>> Interesting that you as a continuous nymshifter and sock
    >>> puppeteer
    >>>
    >>> AKA 1st Lt Jean Poole, Adam Baum, Barb Dwyer, Capt. James

    >>> rafael (note the nym-thief couldn't even leave poor Rafael alone),
    >>>
    >>> Randy Oaks, Sgt. Wannacker, SgtMajor Gansevoort, nym-thief imposter of
    >>> Sinister Midget, Sophie McDowell, Simon Templar,
    >>> Sir Michael Clayton, Sue Romer, SW, Walter Smeddler, Warren
    >>> Piece, Zumwalt Humphry and many, many, many more
    >>>
    >>> should express homophobic associations toward an advocate.
    >>> This is an example of:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>>
    >>> Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >>>
    >>> If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    >>> troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty,
    >>> posting from obviously incorrect variations of the name etc.
    >>> insults, call them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.

    >> Oh look... High Plains Rafael the nymshifting lying moron
    >> wrote something.
    >>

    > from idiot troll>
    >
    > Give it up Scott, you are a luser.

    Ignore everything that High Plains Rafael says. He's probably conducting
    another one of his "6-month social experiments" where he nymshifts and posts
    to COLA under various ID's and responds to his own posts in order to conduct
    some sort of research.

  12. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Abdul Catrell wrote:

    < snip >

    >> from idiot troll>
    >>
    >> Give it up Scott, you are a luser.

    > Ignore everything that High Plains Rafael says. He's probably conducting
    > another one of his "6-month social experiments" where he nymshifts

    Speaking of nymshifts, how about stopping yours, "Dusty Hendrix"?

    You are so totally incompentent in nymshifting that even DumbFull**** would
    be ashamed to have a fellow Wintendo luser like you
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

  13. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    Abdul Catrell wrote:

    >Ignore everything

    OK.

    *plonk*

  14. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Friday 04 January 2008 16:16 : \____

    > Abdul Catrell wrote:
    >

    > < snip >
    >
    >>> from idiot troll>
    >>>
    >>> Give it up Scott, you are a luser.

    >> Ignore everything that High Plains Rafael says. He's probably conducting
    >> another one of his "6-month social experiments" where he nymshifts

    > Speaking of nymshifts, how about stopping yours, "Dusty Hendrix"?
    >
    > You are so totally incompentent in nymshifting that even DumbFull**** would
    > be ashamed to have a fellow Wintendo luser like you

    For your filters (or other purposes). The nymshifts won't help, feeding will.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
    17:00:04 up 25 days, 5:48, 4 users, load average: 1.30, 1.13, 0.99

  15. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    wrote
    on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:04:40 +0000
    <7293608.YO2KJMllRb@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ Peter KŲhlmann on Friday 04 January 2008 16:16 : \____
    >
    >> Abdul Catrell wrote:
    >>

    >> < snip >

    >>> Ignore everything that High Plains Rafael says. He's probably conducting
    >>> another one of his "6-month social experiments" where he nymshifts

    >> Speaking of nymshifts, how about stopping yours, "Dusty Hendrix"?
    >>
    >> You are so totally incompentent in nymshifting that even DumbFull**** would
    >> be ashamed to have a fellow Wintendo luser like you

    > For your filters (or other purposes). The nymshifts won't help, feeding will.

    Great. He's on my Usenet news provider. :-P A pity we can't simply
    dump him in somewhere like alt.flame and have done with it.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net -- insert random sigh here
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
    void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}

  16. Re: [News] LiMo Foundation Foundation Gains Another Linux Member

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Friday 04 January 2008 18:11 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:04:40 +0000
    > <7293608.YO2KJMllRb@schestowitz.com>:
    >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Friday 04 January 2008 16:16 : \____
    >>
    >>> Abdul Catrell wrote:
    >>>

    >>> < snip >

    >>> Speaking of nymshifts, how about stopping yours, "Dusty Hendrix"?
    >>>
    >>> You are so totally incompentent in nymshifting that even DumbFull**** would
    >>> be ashamed to have a fellow Wintendo luser like you

    >> For your filters (or other purposes). The nymshifts won't help, feeding
    >> will.
    >>

    > Great. He's on my Usenet news provider. :-P A pity we can't simply
    > dump him in somewhere like alt.flame and have done with it.

    I'm glad to see you prepended "alt." there.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
    Tasks: 127 total, 1 running, 126 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie