Scrapbooking?? - Linux

This is a discussion on Scrapbooking?? - Linux ; Okay, I am trying to find a scrap booking program in Linux for my mother-in-law. She is a longtime windoze user. I am trying to bring her over towards the light side of the force. If I could get a ...

  1. Scrapbooking??

    Okay, I am trying to find a scrap booking program in Linux for my
    mother-in-law. She is a longtime windoze user. I am trying to bring
    her over towards the light side of the force. If I could get a
    scrapbooking program, she might make the jump. Does anyone know of a
    program that I can use?

    /.87

    Thanks~

    --
    My Rig:

    MB: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless board
    CPU: AMD X2 4200
    RAM: 2 gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 RAM
    VIDEO: MSI NX7600GT VT2D 256 Geforce 7600GT,
    STORAGE DRIVE: Western Digital WD3200KS 320 gb sata drive
    BOOT DRIVE: Western Digital 150 gb Raptor
    External Drive: Western Digital 320 GB Dual-Option Backup
    OPTICALS: 2 lite on optical drives; dvd and (DVD RW-DVD/R-DL DVD
    Multi-Recorder)
    CASE: Cooler Master Mystique 631 case
    POWER SUPPLY: Cooler Master SLI 550w Power Supply
    Wireless: Realtek RTL8187 802.11g 54mps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Printer: HP Laserjet 1020
    MONITOR: Viewsonic 19" WS VA1912wb
    Primary O.S.: Windows XP SP2 (32Bit Edition)
    Secondary O.S.: openSUSE 10.2 64 Bit Edition

  2. Re: Scrapbooking??

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:43:59 +0000, aRu wrote:

    > Okay, I am trying to find a scrap booking program in Linux for my
    > mother-in-law. She is a longtime windoze user. I am trying to bring
    > her over towards the light side of the force. If I could get a
    > scrapbooking program, she might make the jump. Does anyone know of a
    > program that I can use?
    >

    > /.87
    >
    > Thanks~

    What is the name of the windows program she is used to?

    stonerfish

  3. Re: Scrapbooking??

    jellybean stonerfish wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:43:59 +0000, aRu wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, I am trying to find a scrap booking program in Linux for my
    >> mother-in-law. She is a longtime windoze user. I am trying to bring
    >> her over towards the light side of the force. If I could get a
    >> scrapbooking program, she might make the jump. Does anyone know of a
    >> program that I can use?
    >>

    >> /.87
    >>
    >> Thanks~
    >>

    > What is the name of the windows program she is used to?
    >
    > stonerfish

    I think it is a Hallmark program. Not too sure of the name, though.
    I'll ask her next time I talk to her.

    /.

    --
    My Rig:

    MB: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless board
    CPU: AMD X2 4200
    RAM: 2 gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 RAM
    VIDEO: MSI NX7600GT VT2D 256 Geforce 7600GT,
    STORAGE DRIVE: Western Digital WD3200KS 320 gb sata drive
    BOOT DRIVE: Western Digital 150 gb Raptor
    External Drive: Western Digital 320 GB Dual-Option Backup
    OPTICALS: 2 lite on optical drives; dvd and (DVD RW-DVD/R-DL DVD
    Multi-Recorder)
    CASE: Cooler Master Mystique 631 case
    POWER SUPPLY: Cooler Master SLI 550w Power Supply
    Wireless: Realtek RTL8187 802.11g 54mps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Printer: HP Laserjet 1020
    MONITOR: Viewsonic 19" WS VA1912wb
    Primary O.S.: Windows XP SP2 (32Bit Edition)
    Secondary O.S.: openSUSE 10.2 64 Bit Edition

  4. Re: Scrapbooking??

    Its Hallmark Scrapbook Studio...

    --
    My Rig:

    MB: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless board
    CPU: AMD X2 4200
    RAM: 2 gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 RAM
    VIDEO: MSI NX7600GT VT2D 256 Geforce 7600GT,
    STORAGE DRIVE: Western Digital WD3200KS 320 gb sata drive
    BOOT DRIVE: Western Digital 150 gb Raptor
    External Drive: Western Digital 320 GB Dual-Option Backup
    OPTICALS: 2 lite on optical drives; dvd and (DVD RW-DVD/R-DL DVD
    Multi-Recorder)
    CASE: Cooler Master Mystique 631 case
    POWER SUPPLY: Cooler Master SLI 550w Power Supply
    Wireless: Realtek RTL8187 802.11g 54mps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Printer: HP Laserjet 1020
    MONITOR: Viewsonic 19" WS VA1912wb
    Primary O.S.: Windows XP SP2 (32Bit Edition)
    Secondary O.S.: openSUSE 10.2 64 Bit Edition

  5. Re: Scrapbooking??

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:35:38 +0000, aRu wrote:

    > Its Hallmark Scrapbook Studio...

    It doesn't look like it works in wine.

    Maybe scribus will do what you need?

    from its description
    "When run from KDE, Drag and Drop, for example from desktop to the canvas,
    is enabled. There is easy to use drag and drop scrapbook for frequently
    used items such as text blocks, pictures and custom shaped frames."

    good luck
    stonerfish

+ Reply to Thread