pxegrub - Linux

This is a discussion on pxegrub - Linux ; I have been lokking for pxegrub everywhere on google and other places and can't find it. I want to boot from an xp machine and network download a slackware version of linux. Bill...

  1. pxegrub

    I have been lokking for pxegrub everywhere on google and other places
    and can't find it. I want to boot from an xp machine and network download a
    slackware version of linux.

    Bill

  2. Re: pxegrub

    Bill Cunningham wrote:

    > I have been lokking for pxegrub everywhere on google and other places
    > and can't find it. I want to boot from an xp machine and network download
    > a slackware version of linux.
    >
    > Bill

    Dude... GOOGLE is your friend...

    Did a search for "pxegrub" and got back:

    Results 1 - 10 of about 11,000 for pxegrub. (0.21 seconds)

    In those 11,000 matches, there's enough information to answer any question
    you have and sources and binaries too.

    Have fun.

    --

    Jerry McBride

  3. Re: pxegrub

    > Dude... GOOGLE is your friend...
    >
    > Did a search for "pxegrub" and got back:
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 11,000 for pxegrub. (0.21 seconds)
    >
    > In those 11,000 matches, there's enough information to answer any question
    > you have and sources and binaries too.
    >
    > Have fun.

    It seems maybe google is not so much my friend. There are alot of
    references to pxegrub, but no listed source to dowload from that I see in
    all those entries.

    Bill

  4. Re: pxegrub

    Bill Cunningham wrote:

    >> Dude... GOOGLE is your friend...
    >>
    >> Did a search for "pxegrub" and got back:
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 11,000 for pxegrub. (0.21 seconds)
    >>
    >> In those 11,000 matches, there's enough information to answer any
    >> question you have and sources and binaries too.
    >>
    >> Have fun.

    > It seems maybe google is not so much my friend. There are alot of
    > references to pxegrub, but no listed source to dowload from that I see in
    > all those entries.
    >
    > Bill

    You serious???

    GRUB-0.97

    After running grep on /grub-0.97 I get this....

    root@spinner /shared/grub-0.97/docs # grep pxe *
    grub.info: GRUB provides two second stage images, `nbgrub' and `pxegrub'
    (*note
    grub.info:machine has a PXE ROM, use `pxegrub'. If the machine has an NBI
    loader
    grub.info:`pxegrub'
    grub.texi:@file{pxegrub} (@pxref{Images}). These images are the same as the
    grub.texi:@file{pxegrub}. If the machine has an NBI loader such as
    Etherboot, use
    grub.texi:@item pxegrub
    Press any key to continue

    You just aren't looking deep enough. To enable grubpxe you
    feed --enable-diskless to the configure script before compiling...

    What else can I find for you???

    --

    Jerry McBride

+ Reply to Thread