Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption + RealVNC v4 - Linux

This is a discussion on Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption + RealVNC v4 - Linux ; Does anyone know how I can get an Open Source VNC client working with all the newer features of RealVNC's 4.x series? I'm always getting error messages about "this VNC client supports version 3.8" (or 3.3 or something) whenever I ...

  1. Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption + RealVNC v4

    Does anyone know how I can get an Open Source VNC client working with all
    the newer features of RealVNC's 4.x series?

    I'm always getting error messages about "this VNC client supports version
    3.8" (or 3.3 or something) whenever I use encryption, and sometimes when I
    use a password-protected VNC session.

    Anyone? Anyone?

    Also, how about desktop scaling? Why is it that only krdc, the KDE RDP/VNC
    client supports this? This is one of the many examples of why KDE is
    really the superior desktop environment -- completeness of features/expert
    friendliness. Ah, whatever...

    But seriously, though, anyone know how to make Gnome-RDP work with RealVNC
    4.x?

    --
    JDS

  2. Re: Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption+ RealVNC v4

    JDS wrote:
    > Does anyone know how I can get an Open Source VNC client working with all
    > the newer features of RealVNC's 4.x series?

    Take a look at TightVNC if you don't want to use the closed source RealVNC.

    > But seriously, though, anyone know how to make Gnome-RDP work with RealVNC
    > 4.x?

    Use the KDE version instead?

    --

    //Aho

  3. Re: Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption + RealVNC v4

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:12:11 +0100, J.O. Aho wrote:

    > Use the KDE version instead?

    What I *would* like is a combination of krdc+gnome-rdp. Ah, but that I
    was programmer enough to implement it! (I am not).

    gnome-rdp likes:

    * Minimizes to systray/notification area
    * Saves sessions, along with prefs for those sessions. Good session
    management. Groups of sessions.
    * Attractive
    * Very easy to use!

    Krdc likes:
    * desktop scaling

    --
    JDS

  4. Re: Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption+ RealVNC v4

    JDS schreef:
    > Does anyone know how I can get an Open Source VNC client working with all
    > the newer features of RealVNC's 4.x series?
    >
    > I'm always getting error messages about "this VNC client supports version
    > 3.8" (or 3.3 or something) whenever I use encryption, and sometimes when I
    > use a password-protected VNC session.
    >
    > Anyone? Anyone?
    >

    > Also, how about desktop scaling? Why is it that only krdc, the KDE RDP/VNC
    > client supports this? This is one of the many examples of why KDE is
    > really the superior desktop environment -- completeness of features/expert
    > friendliness. Ah, whatever...
    >

    > But seriously, though, anyone know how to make Gnome-RDP work with RealVNC
    > 4.x?

    You might want to look at NoMachine website and FreeNX, free
    implementation of nx server from NoMachine. Its more faster than vnc
    connection and also its easy to setup.

  5. Re: Gnome RDP client "gnome-rdp" - problems with VNC + encryption + RealVNC v4

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:54:24 +0100, DrE wrote:

    > You might want to look at NoMachine website and FreeNX, free

    Can I connect to Windows desktops with those?
    --
    JDS

+ Reply to Thread