auditd on RH Rel 4 - Linux

This is a discussion on auditd on RH Rel 4 - Linux ; From what I can see I thought auditd was suppose to be configured and running on RH 4 but it doe snot seem to be the case on my machine. Any one have a guide on how ot set it ...

  1. auditd on RH Rel 4

    From what I can see I thought auditd was suppose to be configured and
    running on RH 4 but it doe snot seem to be the case on my machine. Any
    one have a guide on how ot set it up? I have the executable but all the
    places where the config files etc should be do not exist and it doe snot
    start on system boot etc.

    Thanks,

    Frank

  2. Re: auditd on RH Rel 4

    frank wrote:

    > From what I can see I thought auditd was suppose to be configured and
    > running on RH 4 but it doe snot seem to be the case on my machine. Any
    > one have a guide on how ot set it up? I have the executable but all the
    > places where the config files etc should be do not exist and it doe snot
    > start on system boot etc.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Frank

    Unlike RHEL3 where auditd was working properly, RHEL4 did not have a proper
    functioning version by the time it was released. We worked around it by
    using the fedora core 3 version since it is the closest version to RHEL4
    and it works.

+ Reply to Thread