Cloning CF card - Linux

This is a discussion on Cloning CF card - Linux ; I have a bootable CF card that I need to make a copy of for backup purposes. It boots a linux router, and I need a copy in case the CF card fails. The copy should be 'exact' so that ...

  1. Cloning CF card

    I have a bootable CF card that I need to make a copy of for backup
    purposes. It boots a linux router, and I need a copy in case the CF
    card fails. The copy should be 'exact' so that it is able to boot the
    router computer by replacing the failed card. Any way to do this?

  2. Re: Cloning CF card

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:23:17 -0500, ecikweise wrote:

    > I have a bootable CF card that I need to make a copy of for backup
    > purposes. It boots a linux router, and I need a copy in case the CF
    > card fails. The copy should be 'exact' so that it is able to boot the
    > router computer by replacing the failed card. Any way to do this?

    use the cf in a usb reader or ide adaptor and use dd

    dd if=/dev/cfdevicename of=/dev/destination_devicename

+ Reply to Thread