fedora 4 java woes.. - Linux

This is a discussion on fedora 4 java woes.. - Linux ; hey guys.. im having some woes with my java.. im trying to run the google video uploader, which is a jar file.. it runs.. but when i click the login button.. it does nothing.. and i cant do anything.. and ...

  1. fedora 4 java woes..

    hey guys.. im having some woes with my java.. im trying to run the
    google video uploader, which is a jar file.. it runs.. but when i click
    the login button.. it does nothing.. and i cant do anything.. and the
    terminal spews the message below.. i remember it used to work, because
    ive uploaded videos before.. but i dont know what happened that now it
    doesnt work.. i downloaded the most recent version of the jar, and
    reinstalled java through the sun site, but i dont know what to do..
    anyone have any clues??

    Exception during event dispatch:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method
    javax.swing.SwingUtilities.getWindowAncestor with signature
    (Ljava.awt.ComponentLjava.awt.Window; was not found.
    at com.google.uploader.UploaderView.loginButtonActiva ted() (Unknown
    Source)
    at
    com.google.uploader.UploaderView.access$900(com.go ogle.uploader.UploaderView)
    (Unknown Source)
    at
    com.google.uploader.UploaderView$4.actionPerformed (java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
    (Unknown Source)
    at
    javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(jav a.awt.event.ActionEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at
    javax.swing.AbstractButton$1.actionPerformed(java. awt.event.ActionEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at
    javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.changeState(int, boolean)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(boolean)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at
    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseRe leased(java.awt.event.MouseEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at
    java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(java.aw t.event.MouseEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(java.awt.even t.MouseEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(java.awt.AWTE vent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(java.awt.AWTE vent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent )
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.handleEvent(java.aw t.AWTEvent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(java.awt.AWTE vent)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(java.awt.AWTEven t)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent )
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEven t)
    (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at .GC_start_routine (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at .__clone (/lib/libc-2.3.5.so)

    --
    insaner
    www.insaner.com

  2. Re: fedora 4 java woes..

    ok after much grief and screwing around with chroot and ubuntu, and
    googling.. i found that apparently, redhat is soo hardcore on this "we
    can do it better" thing.. that they include gij for java.. which
    incidentally does not have swing, which means stuff that uses swing
    (such as my google video uploader) will not work properly.. so there ya
    have it.. this will probably fix other problems ive had before.. ugh..
    thanks anyways guys..

    --
    insaner
    www.insaner.com