I am running Gentoo 2.6.18-gentoo-r4 with KDE on my laptop. Everything
works fine except for printing from either seamonkey or firefox. For
both of these the behavior is the same. For most (but not all) sites,
take for example google groups, if I pull up an article and do a print
preview I get some of the images, buttons, etc. but none of the text.
(same thing if I actually send it to the printer). I don't have this
problem with Opera or any other apps. It's been going on for many
months and I have no idea where to look. I thought maybe I have a usage
flag set wrong, but this happens both when I compile it myself (emerging
it) or download the pre-compiled version.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!