uninstalling grub - Linux

This is a discussion on uninstalling grub - Linux ; I have searched the net and found much info on how to uninstall grub. And it's always with fdisk/mbd or the xp options. Does grub itself have any uninstall options? I know there's grub-install to install grub but will it ...

  1. uninstalling grub

    I have searched the net and found much info on how to uninstall grub.
    And it's always with fdisk/mbd or the xp options. Does grub itself have any
    uninstall options? I know there's grub-install to install grub but will it
    not uninstall itself?

    Bill

  2. Re: uninstalling grub

    Bill Cunningham wrote:

    > I have searched the net and found much info on how to uninstall grub.
    > And it's always with fdisk/mbd or the xp options. Does grub itself have
    > any uninstall options? I know there's grub-install to install grub but
    > will it not uninstall itself?

    No, use something like dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda count=1 bs=512
    However since you properly want a bootsector then the DOS command fdisk /mbr
    works better.

+ Reply to Thread