Window titles under Linux ?? - Linux

This is a discussion on Window titles under Linux ?? - Linux ; Hi, From working on Unix platforms I remembered some simple commands like "xtitle" or look-alikes for naming the windows. If you have 10 active windows, then it's nice to see on the title what you are doing in each window, ...

  1. Window titles under Linux ??

    Hi,

    From working on Unix platforms I remembered some simple commands like "xtitle" or look-alikes for
    naming the windows.

    If you have 10 active windows, then it's nice to see on the title what you are doing in each window,
    right ?

    Any idea how that works under Linux ?

    Thxs

  2. Re: Window titles under Linux ??

    Bjorn wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > From working on Unix platforms I remembered some simple commands like
    > "xtitle" or look-alikes for naming the windows.
    >
    > If you have 10 active windows, then it's nice to see on the title what
    > you are doing in each window, right ?
    >
    > Any idea how that works under Linux ?
    >
    > Thxs

    If you are using KDE you can go to the "configure" option on the menu
    and then go to desktop. Where each of the desktops are listed, you can
    rename that desktop by simply typing over "desktop 1" and then using the
    apply button. My office box has 20 windows, each one with a different
    name and function and application running. This means that to go from a
    spreadsheet with a financial model to my email I just use the thumb
    wheel on my mouse.

    HTH

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread