ATI Radeon 9200 SE - Linux

This is a discussion on ATI Radeon 9200 SE - Linux ; I have installed debian linux on pc with that VGA card and ofc 3D does not work. ATM i am useig vesa drivers but if some1 of you all would be so nice and send HOWTO or link to some ...

  1. ATI Radeon 9200 SE

    I have installed debian linux on pc with that VGA card and ofc 3D does
    not work. ATM i am useig vesa drivers but if some1 of you all would be
    so nice and send HOWTO or link to some nice site that contains howto
    install ati drivers it would be really nice

  2. Re: ATI Radeon 9200 SE

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:26:36 +0100, Ivan Tunjic wrote this:

    > I have installed debian linux on pc with that VGA card and ofc 3D does not
    > work. ATM i am useig vesa drivers but if some1 of you all would be so nice
    > and send HOWTO or link to some nice site that contains howto install ati
    > drivers it would be really nice

    You can download the latest proprietary ATI Linux drivers from ATI.COM but
    check to make sure the 9200SE is supported for 3D. Driver change from
    vesa to fglrx.

  3. Re: ATI Radeon 9200 SE

    noi wrote:

    > You can download the latest proprietary ATI Linux drivers from ATI.COM but
    > check to make sure the 9200SE is supported for 3D. Driver change from
    > vesa to fglrx.

    You don't need proprietary drivers for Radeon 9200. They work with open source
    drivers, and 3D is supported.

    To switch to the Radeon driver, edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

    and edit the device section to read as follows:

    Section "Device"
    Identifier "ATI Radeon 9200SE"
    Driver "radeon"
    EndSection