Logitech wireless keyboards, mice. - Linux

This is a discussion on Logitech wireless keyboards, mice. - Linux ; I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone have experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx....

  1. Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone have
    experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx.

  2. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    Bruce Barbour wrote:

    > I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone have
    > experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx.

    Just bought an Logitect Mx510 usb mouse this morning - just plug and play!

    david

  3. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    > I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone have
    > experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx.

    Good exp with logitech wired devices, usb and ps/2. Almost all logitech
    wireless desktops come with the possibility to connect 1 usb or 2 ps/2
    connectors. Using the letter guaranties you that it works. (not sure
    about the extra media buttons though.)

  4. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    Yuri wrote:
    >> I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone have
    >> experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx.

    > Good exp with logitech wired devices, usb and ps/2. Almost all logitech
    > wireless desktops come with the possibility to connect 1 usb or 2 ps/2
    > connectors. Using the letter guaranties you that it works. (not sure
    > about the extra media buttons though.)

    Thanks got keyboard and mouse up and running but not without a lot of
    minor problems as running dual boot linux and XP and had to do some
    switching around before I got it right but both wireless board and mouse
    work perfectly now. Tnx.

  5. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    Bruce Barbour wrote:
    > Yuri wrote:
    >>> I'm running Fedora 5 and going to buy new keyboard, mouse. Anyone
    >>> have experience good or bad with Logitech wireless items? Tnx.

    >> Good exp with logitech wired devices, usb and ps/2. Almost all
    >> logitech wireless desktops come with the possibility to connect 1 usb
    >> or 2 ps/2 connectors. Using the letter guaranties you that it works.
    >> (not sure about the extra media buttons though.)

    > Thanks got keyboard and mouse up and running but not without a lot of
    > minor problems as running dual boot linux and XP and had to do some
    > switching around before I got it right but both wireless board and mouse
    > work perfectly now. Tnx.

    What did you get ????

    david

  6. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    david walcroft wrote:
    > Bruce Barbour wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Good exp with logitech wired devices, usb and ps/2. Almost all
    >>> logitech wireless desktops come with the possibility to connect 1 usb
    >>> or 2 ps/2 connectors. Using the letter guaranties you that it works.
    >>> (not sure about the extra media buttons though.)

    >> Thanks got keyboard and mouse up and running but not without a lot of
    >> minor problems as running dual boot linux and XP and had to do some
    >> switching around before I got it right but both wireless board and
    >> mouse work perfectly now. Tnx.

    > What did you get ????
    >
    > david

    Logitech MX300 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX500 optical mouse sold as
    one package for $99 and change (Can$)

  7. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:09:07 +0000, Bruce Barbour wrote:

    > david walcroft wrote:
    >> Bruce Barbour wrote:

    >>> Thanks got keyboard and mouse up and running but not without a lot of
    >>> minor problems as running dual boot linux and XP and had to do some
    >>> switching around before I got it right but both wireless board and
    >>> mouse work perfectly now. Tnx.

    >> What did you get ????
    >>
    >> david

    > Logitech MX300 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX500 optical mouse sold as
    > one package for $99 and change (Can$)

    I've got a Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, and with Suse/Debian/Ubuntu, only
    the scroll wheel is detected by default. It took some messing around with
    xbindkeys to get the back/forwards buttons to work, and I have had no luck
    with horizontal scroll.

  8. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    Locke wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:09:07 +0000, Bruce Barbour wrote:
    >
    >> david walcroft wrote:
    >>> What did you get ????
    >>>
    >>> david

    >> Logitech MX300 wireless keyboard, Logitech MX500 optical mouse sold as
    >> one package for $99 and change (Can$)

    > I've got a Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, and with Suse/Debian/Ubuntu, only
    > the scroll wheel is detected by default. It took some messing around with
    > xbindkeys to get the back/forwards buttons to work, and I have had no luck
    > with horizontal scroll.

    I remember a solution being available on a mailing list, Fedora I think
    ,try Googling or the URL 'http://marc.theaimsgroup.com, and check for
    'fedora list'.

    david

  9. Re: Logitech wireless keyboards, mice.

    david walcroft writes:

    >> I've got a Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, and with Suse/Debian/Ubuntu,
    >> only the scroll wheel is detected by default. It took some messing
    >> around with xbindkeys to get the back/forwards buttons to work, and I
    >> have had no luck with horizontal scroll.

    If you run xev the back/forw buttons generate events but the horizontal
    scroll buttons don't, thus it is probably hard to map them.

    > I remember a solution being available on a mailing list, Fedora I think
    > ,try Googling or the URL 'http://marc.theaimsgroup.com, and check for
    > 'fedora list'.

    Probably needs a different mouse driver. The horizontal scroll buttons
    weren't originally supported on the MAC either, and on WinXX they need a
    Logitech supplied driver.

    -- HASM

+ Reply to Thread