Re: GUI application - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: GUI application - Linux ; > Which GUI libraries will > require less memory , will be faster? I am completely new to GUI > development in C++.I know programming in c++ but not GUI interfacing > programming. Qt is the mostobvious answer. For a ...

  1. Re: GUI application

    > Which GUI libraries will
    > require less memory , will be faster? I am completely new to GUI
    > development in C++.I know programming in c++ but not GUI interfacing
    > programming.

    Qt is the mostobvious answer. For a nice comparation between Java/
    Swing and C++/Qt, see here: http://turing.iimas.unam.mx/~elena/P...whitepaper.pdf

  2. Re: GUI application

    Nemanja Trifunovic wrote:
    >> Which GUI libraries will
    >> require less memory , will be faster? I am completely new to GUI
    >> development in C++.I know programming in c++ but not GUI interfacing
    >> programming.

    > Qt is the mostobvious answer.

    yes, qt is nice :-)
    you may want to start with it using kdevelop

    --
    Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
    ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 (GNU/Linux User # 158233)

+ Reply to Thread