Please tell me this website is satire. - Linux

This is a discussion on Please tell me this website is satire. - Linux ; chrisv wrote: >ml2mst wrote: > >> Peter Köhlmann wrote: >>> chrisv wrote: >>>> >>>> Very strange... Certainly it's not serious... >>> >>> I fear it is. There are enough linux-sux, flatfish and DumbFull**** >>> types out there. >>> Whose combined ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

  1. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    chrisv wrote:

    >ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    >>> I fear it is. There are enough linux-sux, flatfish and DumbFull****
    >>> types out there.
    >>> Whose combined IQ is still below room temperature

    >> I'm also afraid it's not satire.

    >You guys are cracked. I just read it again. There's no way that's
    >serious. Funny and clever, IMO...

    Oops! I "accidently" hit the delete key before I was about to read
    the post from the troll with the ridiculous pseudo-random name.

  2. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Gezinus den Sluitspierbeul wrote:
    > "chrisv" schreef...
    >> ml2mst wrote:

    >>> I'm also afraid it's not satire.

    >> You guys are cracked. I just read it again. There's no way that's
    >> serious. Funny and clever, IMO...

    > Yes, Marti is a bit paranoid! (Exhibiting or characterized by extreme
    > and irrational fear or distrust of others)
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...lin-idiot.html

    LOL, besides continual nym-shifting, it seems that you are a bit paranoid
    to have to resort to an anonymising remailer.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Gezinus den Sluitspierbeul wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes, Marti is a bit paranoid!

    > LOL, besides continual nym-shifting, it seems that you are a bit paranoid
    > to have to resort to an anonymising remailer.

    Hehe. Indeed.

  4. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I certainly hope God doesn't hate fags. I smoke 20 a day, and I
    >>> don't intend to let a little thing like dying and going to heaven
    >>> stop me.

    >>> So my doctor keeps telling me.

    >> I never picked up the habit, although I had the opportunity in high
    >> school. Glad I didn't. My father developed emphysema and needed a
    >> second bypass when he passed away, all from the cancer sticks.

    > I smoked for many years, but am pleased to say that I gave up about a
    > decade ago (touch head).

    That is a good thing. FWIH, healing capacity of the body is able to reverse
    itself almost 100% if one quits. My mother stopped smoking years ago, she
    is still alive.

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Canonical Ltd has its HQ on the Isle of Man, a small island (32
    >>> miles long by 15 miles wide) situated about 30 miles off the coast
    >>> of Lancashire, England. I'm supporting an English company. :-)

    >> That is a small island, about the size of Singapore. Yes, that would
    >> be as English as they come. :-)

    > Umm, well, IOM is a protectorate, but it's not an English island,
    > rather, it's Manx. It's parliament is the only one on the planet which
    > has sat for longer than Westminster (I mean overall, not in one
    > session!).

    I am sure that those who read through the OOXML reviews and CFS/SMB
    documentation to EU felt that they sat for longer than Westminster (in
    those sessions!) :-)

    Talking about Canonical, so far, I have been able to navigate through
    Ubuntu quite easily, all answers I have needed so far are answered either
    in the forums, blogs or documentation, quite nice to have such support.

    > The locals are quite fiercly Manx, although they are happy to be part of
    > the Union.

    Seems they enjoy all the advantages and none of the disadvantages (like
    Guam and Puerto Rico, for example.) Besides, they put together a nice race.

    --
    HPT

  6. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> I never picked up the habit, although I had the opportunity in high
    >>> school. Glad I didn't. My father developed emphysema and needed a
    >>> second bypass when he passed away, all from the cancer sticks.

    >> I smoked for many years, but am pleased to say that I gave up about a
    >> decade ago (touch head).

    > That is a good thing. FWIH, healing capacity of the body is able to reverse
    > itself almost 100% if one quits. My mother stopped smoking years ago, she
    > is still alive.

    Good for her! I very much hope that I will never start again, and the
    increasing anti-smoking pressure at least in Europe and North America
    certainly helps that very much.

  7. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Sep 30, 2:56 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that ml2mst spake thusly:
    >
    > > These self proclaimed "Christians" that shout "God hates fags" will
    > > probably also shout that God hates GNU/Linux.

    > I certainly hope God doesn't hate fags. I smoke 20 a day, and I don't
    > intend to let a little thing like dying and going to heaven stop me.

    Yes, and a faggot used to be a bunch of sticks, and a gay person was
    someone who was happy. I don't mind that language changes, but I hate
    it when it removes good words and makes them useless.

  8. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    "Mark Kent" the HYPOCRITE wrote in message
    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> I smoked for many years, but am pleased to say that I gave up about a
    >>> decade ago (touch head).

    >> That is a good thing. FWIH, healing capacity of the body is able to
    >> reverse
    >> itself almost 100% if one quits. My mother stopped smoking years ago,
    >> she
    >> is still alive.
    >>

    > Good for her! I very much hope that I will never start again, and the
    > increasing anti-smoking pressure at least in Europe and North America
    > certainly helps that very much.

    You have been warned. This post is off topic and against the charter of this
    group. Continuing to make off-topic posts will get you reported to your ISP
    and have your account suspended or worse.

    Oh yeah - I forgot. It's ok when *you* make off-topic posts. It's everyone
    else who shouldn't be doing this.

  9. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Warren Piece

    wrote
    on Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:33:55 -0400
    <47024add$0$26451$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>:

    > "Mark Kent" the HYPOCRITE wrote in message
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> That is a good thing. FWIH, healing capacity of the body is able to
    >>> reverse
    >>> itself almost 100% if one quits. My mother stopped smoking years ago,
    >>> she
    >>> is still alive.
    >>>

    >> Good for her! I very much hope that I will never start again, and the
    >> increasing anti-smoking pressure at least in Europe and North America
    >> certainly helps that very much.

    > You have been warned. This post is off topic and against the charter of this
    > group. Continuing to make off-topic posts will get you reported to your ISP
    > and have your account suspended or worse.
    >
    > Oh yeah - I forgot. It's ok when *you* make off-topic posts. It's everyone
    > else who shouldn't be doing this.

    Exactly. The only ontopic posts here are the following.

    1. Praising Vista.
    2. Denigrating Linux.
    3. Showing Vista is prettier than Linux.
    4. Showing Vista is more featureful than Linux.
    5. Should Vista is more profitable than Linux.
    6. Showing Linux is uglier than Vista.
    7. Showing Linux has fewer features than Vista.
    8. Showing Linux costs less than than Vista ... erm, I mean,
    showing Linux is less profitable than Vista.
    9. Showing Vista is more modern than Linux.
    10. Showing Vista is more secure than Linux.
    11. Showing Microsoft cares about the Linux community, and is willing
    to sell them Vista at student rates.
    12. Showing Microsoft cares about the business community, and
    is willing to sell them huge numbers of CALs for Vista
    at discounted rates.
    13. Showing Microsoft cares about the home computer user, by
    ensuring that he can't copy songs without a warrant and
    by requiring him to install Windows Media Player.
    14. Showing Microsoft cares about the student, but ensuring that
    he can't copy songs without a warrant and by requiring him
    to install Windows Media Player at a discounted rate.
    15. Showing Microsoft cares about India, by giving away software
    for free.
    16. Showing Microsoft cares about the mobile phone industry, by
    providing the Orange Phone.
    17. Showing Microsoft cares about global warming, by requiring
    everyone to buy new, more efficient, more expensive hardware,
    to run their brand new OS, Microsoft Windows Vista, which
    they'll have to rewrite anyway and rerelease in about 3 years.

    Yes, Microsoft. Without them we wouldn't have the PC at all.

    (I'm not sure what we'd have, actually. Maybe a saner system?)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  10. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Warren Piece
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:33:55 -0400
    > <47024add$0$26451$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>:
    >>
    >> "Mark Kent" the HYPOCRITE wrote in message
    >>> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> Good for her! I very much hope that I will never start again, and the
    >>> increasing anti-smoking pressure at least in Europe and North America
    >>> certainly helps that very much.

    >> You have been warned. This post is off topic and against the charter of
    >> this
    >> group. Continuing to make off-topic posts will get you reported to your
    >> ISP
    >> and have your account suspended or worse.
    >>
    >> Oh yeah - I forgot. It's ok when *you* make off-topic posts. It's
    >> everyone
    >> else who shouldn't be doing this.
    >>

    > Exactly. The only ontopic posts here are the following.
    >
    > 1. Praising Vista.
    > 2. Denigrating Linux.
    > 3. Showing Vista is prettier than Linux.
    > 4. Showing Vista is more featureful than Linux.
    > 5. Should Vista is more profitable than Linux.
    > 6. Showing Linux is uglier than Vista.
    > 7. Showing Linux has fewer features than Vista.
    > 8. Showing Linux costs less than than Vista ... erm, I mean,
    > showing Linux is less profitable than Vista.
    > 9. Showing Vista is more modern than Linux.
    > 10. Showing Vista is more secure than Linux.
    > 11. Showing Microsoft cares about the Linux community, and is willing
    > to sell them Vista at student rates.
    > 12. Showing Microsoft cares about the business community, and
    > is willing to sell them huge numbers of CALs for Vista
    > at discounted rates.
    > 13. Showing Microsoft cares about the home computer user, by
    > ensuring that he can't copy songs without a warrant and
    > by requiring him to install Windows Media Player.
    > 14. Showing Microsoft cares about the student, but ensuring that
    > he can't copy songs without a warrant and by requiring him
    > to install Windows Media Player at a discounted rate.
    > 15. Showing Microsoft cares about India, by giving away software
    > for free.
    > 16. Showing Microsoft cares about the mobile phone industry, by
    > providing the Orange Phone.
    > 17. Showing Microsoft cares about global warming, by requiring
    > everyone to buy new, more efficient, more expensive hardware,
    > to run their brand new OS, Microsoft Windows Vista, which
    > they'll have to rewrite anyway and rerelease in about 3 years.
    >
    > Yes, Microsoft. Without them we wouldn't have the PC at all.
    >
    > (I'm not sure what we'd have, actually. Maybe a saner system?)

    There are plenty of posts here that involve Microsoft in one way or another.
    At least those posts are remotely on-topic. Unlike the "I quit smoking...
    good for you" posts that are COMPLETELY off-topic. Of course the Mark Kent
    troll would complain if someone else posted about smoking. Yet it doesn't
    seem to stop him from making yet another off-topic post.

  11. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:
    > On Sep 30, 2:56 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that ml2mst spake thusly:

    >>> These self proclaimed "Christians" that shout "God hates fags" will
    >>> probably also shout that God hates GNU/Linux.

    >> I certainly hope God doesn't hate fags. I smoke 20 a day, and I don't
    >> intend to let a little thing like dying and going to heaven stop me.

    > Yes, and a faggot used to be a bunch of sticks

    I enjoy faggots too, in a rich onion gravy:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...rav_3899.shtml

    Although they are generally not as unhealthy for me as fags, except in
    large quantities.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    18:03:19 up 54 days, 16:58, 2 users, load average: 0.78, 0.44, 0.33

  12. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:04:50 +0100
    :
    > Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:
    >> On Sep 30, 2:56 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that ml2mst spake thusly:

    >>> I certainly hope God doesn't hate fags. I smoke 20 a day, and I don't
    >>> intend to let a little thing like dying and going to heaven stop me.

    >> Yes, and a faggot used to be a bunch of sticks

    > I enjoy faggots too, in a rich onion gravy:
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...rav_3899.shtml
    >
    > Although they are generally not as unhealthy for me as fags, except in
    > large quantities.

    I never was a fan of pig's liver, pig's heart, and pork bellies.
    Even with onions.

    :-)

    (Strange recipe. Almost as strange as haggis:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...is_66072.shtml )

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net -- can we get back to something remotely
    relevant about our favorte OS anytime soon? :-P
    Murphy was an optimist.

  13. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

    > (Strange recipe. Almost as strange as haggis:
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...is_66072.shtml )

    That's not /real/ haggis, that's just for tourists.

    The only way to get /real/ haggis is to go haggis hunting on the moors
    at the crack of dawn, armed with a meuran and a bottle o' whisky:

    http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/haggi...dia.cfm?part=6

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    22:08:31 up 54 days, 21:03, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.24, 0.14

  14. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:10:22 +0100
    <1noat4-to3.ln1@sky.matrix>:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >
    >> (Strange recipe. Almost as strange as haggis:
    >>
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...is_66072.shtml )

    > That's not /real/ haggis, that's just for tourists.
    >
    > The only way to get /real/ haggis is to go haggis hunting on the moors
    > at the crack of dawn, armed with a meuran and a bottle o' whisky:
    >
    > http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/haggi...dia.cfm?part=6

    Ooooooooookaaaaaaaayyyy....but something tells me the
    author of this website might have tried to test his
    theory by having a tipple or two or three or ... well,
    anyway, the bottle is half empty presumably just before
    he wrote this...

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.

  15. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    Warren Piece wrote:
    > "Mark Kent" wrote...
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> That is a good thing. FWIH, healing capacity of the body is able to
    >>> reverse itself almost 100% if one quits. My mother stopped smoking
    >>> years ago, she is still alive.
    >>>

    >> Good for her! I very much hope that I will never start again, and the
    >> increasing anti-smoking pressure at least in Europe and North America
    >> certainly helps that very much.

    > You have been warned. This post is off topic and against the charter of
    > this group. Continuing to make off-topic posts will get you reported to
    > your ISP and have your account suspended or worse.
    >
    > Oh yeah - I forgot. It's ok when *you* make off-topic posts. It's
    > everyone else who shouldn't be doing this.

    Oh yeah - I forgot, Warren Piece .... hmmmm, oh, okay, you grew tired of
    being Ms. Polly Ester, also AKA

    Professor Dungby, Ofc. Michael Clayton, 1st Lt Jean Poole, SgtMajor
    Gansevoort, Sgt. Wannacker, Professor Dungby, Lt. Stardust, Cpl. Kronk,
    Captain Commando, Colonel Ichabod Conk, Capt. Morgan, Dr. Disco, Dr.
    Fafoofnik, Nedd Ludd, Dr. McGillicudy, Dr. Livingston, Mr. X, Dr. Hurt, Dr.
    Seymour Butts, Capt. James Pike, Dr Gang Green, Dr. Smooth, High Priest
    O'Murphy, Dr. Hungwell, Dr. Shlongwell, Dr. Shlongwell (aka your Boss), Dr.
    Zhivago, Dr. Feelgood, rafael (note the nym-thief couldn't even leave poor
    Rafael alone), Dr. GroundAxe, Dr. Pain, Lintard Luser and Sir Michael Clayton.

    You forgot one aspect of Usenet ettiquette. It is true that
    according to the official FAQ at

    1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

    The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the
    benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.

    That single sentence is the one and only charter of the newsgroup
    comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup as a
    place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the
    betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development of
    Linux. It supports this as a place for those who would like to learn more
    about Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux. It does not call
    for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order
    to discredit Linux.
    Is for discussion of the benefits of Linux.

    This is also a people system. It is a discussion forum. Advocates come
    here to receive support as a place for those to learn about Linux from
    other's experiences. Thus, a certain amount of tolerance is allowed for
    comradery.

    However, most of the gob****e you post (even mispelling "Lienux") is not
    per charter, nor is for advocate comradery.

    --
    HPT

  16. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    John Bailo, Texeme.Construct did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sep 30, 11:41 am, Darth Chaos wrote:
    >> http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/...e2%80%93-why-i...

    > Get RedHat and Suse...the world's most popular distroes -- Built By
    > Americans!

    Bailo, sod off.
    Why on earth would someone base their choice of distro on poor quality
    american workmanship?

    SuSE has been steadily slipping down the quality ladder ever since the
    americans took over from the germans on it.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  17. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    High Plains Thumper did eloquently scribble:
    >> The locals are quite fiercly Manx, although they are happy to be part of
    >> the Union.

    > Seems they enjoy all the advantages and none of the disadvantages (like
    > Guam and Puerto Rico, for example.) Besides, they put together a nice race.

    Only place in the UK where it's still illegal to be gay and they haven't
    outlawed corporal punishment.

    So, if you're gay and into a bit of S&M... that would seem to be the place
    to go.

    (the corporal punishment in question is "the birch")
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  18. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    The Ghost In The Machine did eloquently scribble:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:10:22 +0100
    > <1noat4-to3.ln1@sky.matrix>:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> (Strange recipe. Almost as strange as haggis:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...is_66072.shtml )

    >> That's not /real/ haggis, that's just for tourists.
    >>
    >> The only way to get /real/ haggis is to go haggis hunting on the moors
    >> at the crack of dawn, armed with a meuran and a bottle o' whisky:
    >>
    >> http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/haggi...dia.cfm?part=6
    >>

    > Ooooooooookaaaaaaaayyyy....but something tells me the
    > author of this website might have tried to test his
    > theory by having a tipple or two or three or ... well,
    > anyway, the bottle is half empty presumably just before
    > he wrote this...

    You've never heard of the left and right handed haggis?
    Wandering the hills (but only in one direction because their left (or right)
    legs are shorter than the right (or left)?

    Shocking, the things these uneducated people aren't aware of. Haggis hunting
    is a national sport in scotland!
    | in |good to you so far... |

  19. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Oct 6, 12:33 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > John Bailo, Texeme.Construct did eloquently scribble:
    >
    > > On Sep 30, 11:41 am, Darth Chaos wrote:
    > >>http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/...e2%80%93-why-i...

    > > Get RedHat and Suse...the world's most popular distroes -- Built By
    > > Americans!

    > Bailo, sod off.
    > Why on earth would someone base their choice of distro on poor quality
    > american workmanship?
    >
    > SuSE has been steadily slipping down the quality ladder ever since the
    > americans took over from the germans on it.

    Yeah, yeah, blame everything on Americans. What has the UK contributed
    to Linux? Mark Kent?

  20. Re: Please tell me this website is satire.

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:14:34 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Oct 6, 12:33 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> John Bailo, Texeme.Construct did eloquently
    >> scribble:

    i...
    >> > Get RedHat and Suse...the world's most popular distroes -- Built By
    >> > Americans!

    >> Bailo, sod off.
    >> Why on earth would someone base their choice of distro on poor quality
    >> american workmanship?
    >>
    >> SuSE has been steadily slipping down the quality ladder ever since the
    >> americans took over from the germans on it.

    > Yeah, yeah, blame everything on Americans. What has the UK contributed
    > to Linux? Mark Kent?

    Apparently Roy Schestowitz and Homer as well.
    I dunno but I read some of these threads and they just seem totally
    worthless to me.
    Boring.
    Off topic.
    Misleading topics.