[News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version - Linux ; UT3 Linux in Box; No Editor? ,----[ Quote ] | The game's predecessor, Unreal Tournament 2004, also included the Linux | client/server binaries on the retail disc. `---- http://www.linuxgames.com/news/feedb...ction=flatview Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games? Related: Unreal Tournament 3 For ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

  1. [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    `----

    http://www.linuxgames.com/news/feedb...ction=flatview

    Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games?

    Related:

    Unreal Tournament 3 For Linux Confirmed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While everyone was expecting Unreal Tournament 3 for Linux based upon Epic
    | Games providing native Linux clients for their past Unreal Tournament titles,
    | this week it was officially confirmed by Epic's Mark Rein that there will be
    | a Linux client for UT3.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk5MQ

    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wine has lately improved by amazing leaps, even DirectX support is nowadays
    | pretty good, and performance with HL2DM is pretty amazing compared to a few
    | months back. And now I have HL2DM running on resolution 1440×900 and medium
    | details smoothl
    `----

    http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/08/11...atch-on-linux/

    Volunteers Wanted

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We are looking for some volunteers to help us with the testing of the new Mac
    | and Linux Clients.
    `----

    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=574782

  2. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    > Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games?

    Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.

    But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down and
    kill your children either.

    Always look on the bright side.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    21:42:00 up 52 days, 20:36, 3 users, load average: 1.39, 1.19, 1.11

  3. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    [H]omer wrote:

    >> Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games?

    > Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.
    >
    > But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down and
    > kill your children either.

    But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the body, lie to
    their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy, then run to their
    own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

  4. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sep 30, 5:17 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    > > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

    > >> Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games?

    > > Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.

    > > But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down and
    > > kill your children either.

    > But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the body, lie to
    > their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy, then run to their
    > own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    Linux, Catch the Fever!

  5. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:45:28 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Sep 30, 5:17 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    >> [H]omer wrote:
    >> > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

    >> > Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.

    >> > But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down and
    >> > kill your children either.

    >> But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the body, lie to
    >> their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy, then run to their
    >> own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    > Linux, Catch the Fever!

    Maybe I'm missing something. Was some Linux developer actually found
    guilty of murdering his wife and disposing of the body? Or is this just
    some simple-minded idiot spewing, one who can't tell the difference
    between being charged with a crime and actually being proven guilty?

  6. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    Verily I say unto thee, that Kelsey Bjarnason spake thusly:

    > Maybe I'm missing something. Was some Linux developer actually found
    > guilty of murdering his wife and disposing of the body? Or is this just
    > some simple-minded idiot spewing, one who can't tell the difference
    > between being charged with a crime and actually being proven guilty?

    Or the difference between a faulty /product/ and a person.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    23:56:11 up 52 days, 22:51, 2 users, load average: 1.23, 1.09, 1.02

  7. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sep 30, 6:31 pm, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:45:28 +0000, cc wrote:

    > >> But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the body, lie to
    > >> their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy, then run to their
    > >> own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    > > Linux, Catch the Fever!

    > Maybe I'm missing something. Was some Linux developer actually found
    > guilty of murdering his wife and disposing of the body? Or is this just
    > some simple-minded idiot spewing, one who can't tell the difference
    > between being charged with a crime and actually being proven guilty?

    You mean like the simple-minded idiot who posted that the XBox360
    burns down houses and kills children when no one has been proven
    guilty in that either? Or if it's Microsoft, innocent before proven
    guilty doesn't exist? The two posts were no different.

    http://kotaku.com/gaming/frivolous/l...aby-263486.php

  8. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sep 30, 7:52 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > UT3 Linux in Box; No Editor?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The game's predecessor, Unreal Tournament 2004, also included the Linux
    > | client/server binaries on the retail disc.

    Hooray!

    Another 3 years of UT gaming for me! (I only play the Linux version).

  9. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:17:53 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who said Linux hasn't state-of-the-art games?

    >> Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.
    >>
    >> But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down and
    >> kill your children either.

    > But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the body, lie to
    > their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy, then run to their
    > own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted). If you think
    Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I thought.

    --
    Kier

  10. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    Kier wrote:

    >> But its developers

    >One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted). If you think
    >Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I thought.

    Excuse me, Kier, but I saw nothing in the troll's post that warranted
    a response.

  11. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >>> But its developers

    >>One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted). If you think
    >>Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I thought.

    > Excuse me, Kier, but I saw nothing in the troll's post that warranted
    > a response.

    Who would 'a thought that Kier needed approval from a troll like you before
    responding to someone.

  12. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:56:51 -0700, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:

    > Another 3 years of UT gaming for me! (I only play the Linux version).

    Would be nice if QuakeWars follows the same example.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  13. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    ____/ Warren Piece on Monday 01 October 2007 18:26 : \____

    > "chrisv" wrote in message

    >>>One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted). If you think
    >>>Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I thought.

    >> Excuse me, Kier, but I saw nothing in the troll's post that warranted
    >> a response.

    > Who would 'a thought that Kier needed approval from a troll like you before
    > responding to someone.

    ..-------------------------------------------------.
    |____________________________________________O_-_X|
    | File Options Tools Help |
    `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    | Alert |____________
    | *Plonk* ' Subject |______________
    `----------. *Sender* ' Troll |
    `----------. Idiot |
    | Moron |
    | Twit |
    | *Nymshift* |
    | Changeling |
    | Cretin |
    | Asshole |
    | Weird |
    | Dunce |
    | Kook |
    | Eerie |
    | Morph |
    `------------'

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"

  14. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    ____/ jebblue on Monday 01 October 2007 23:54 : \____

    > On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:56:51 -0700, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
    >

    >> Another 3 years of UT gaming for me! (I only play the Linux version).

    > Would be nice if QuakeWars follows the same example.

    Yes, I think that they recently said it would be available as a download (Linux
    binary), but not boxed. It shouldn't cost much to produce another CD...
    probably just 0.1% of the cost of the whole box.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
    03:00:03 up 22 days, 1:06, 5 users, load average: 1.10, 1.95, 1.83

  15. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    [snips]

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:36:42 +0000, cc wrote:

    >> Maybe I'm missing something. Was some Linux developer actually found
    >> guilty of murdering his wife and disposing of the body? Or is this just
    >> some simple-minded idiot spewing, one who can't tell the difference
    >> between being charged with a crime and actually being proven guilty?

    > You mean like the simple-minded idiot

    Ah, so you're agreeing, it *was* a simple-minded idiot posting nonsense
    about Reiser. Thanks for clearing that up.

  16. Re: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    Kier wrote:

    >>> Well it won't run "Helo", so it /must/ be inferior.
    >>>
    >>> But there is a up-side though, Linux doesn't burn your house down
    >>> and kill your children either.

    >> But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the
    >> body, lie to their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy,
    >> then run to their own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    > One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted).

    He did it whether he's convicted of it or not (like murdering moron OJ
    Simpson who was acquitted by moronic black jurors did it).

    > If you think Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I
    > thought.

    Linux has exactly as much relevance to that murder as MS has to XBox fires:
    none or all, depending on your perspective and how you choose to assign
    blame.

    Naturally you hypocritically ignore the offensive and ridiculous posts by
    cola idiots [H]omer the [C]lown (MS is like Al-Qaida, MS burns down your
    house and kills your children) and Rex Ballard (MS forces widows and
    children to go to bed hungry), blah blah blah.

  17. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On Oct 2, 1:28 pm, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:36:42 +0000, cc wrote:
    > >> Maybe I'm missing something. Was some Linux developer actually found
    > >> guilty of murdering his wife and disposing of the body? Or is this just
    > >> some simple-minded idiot spewing, one who can't tell the difference
    > >> between being charged with a crime and actually being proven guilty?

    > > You mean like the simple-minded idiot

    > Ah, so you're agreeing,

    Yes, I agree your selective snipping makes you look like an idiot and
    proves you can't address the point.

  18. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    The United States of America: Screwing with the
    English Language for over 200 years.
    --Mike Sphar

  19. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    [snips]

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:42:43 -0700, Jim Richardson wrote:

    >>> Ah, so you're agreeing,

    >> Yes, I agree your selective snipping makes you look like an idiot and
    >> proves you can't address the point.
    >>

    > You made the comparison between the Xbox360 poster, and the Hans Reiser
    > poster in question, and called them both "simple idiots"
    >
    > Kelsey called you on it, and you get snippy, accusing him of creative
    > snipping, in a post, in which you creatively snip.
    >
    > Now that's funny.

    High comedy - at its very lowest.

  20. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Box to Contain Linux Version

    On 3 Oct, 02:50, "DFS" wrote:
    > Kier wrote:

    > >> But its developers violently murder their wives, dispose of the
    > >> body, lie to their kids that they don't know what happened to Mommy,
    > >> then run to their own Mommy's basement to hide from the policemen.

    > > One developer. singular, did that (if indeed he's convicted).

    > He did it whether he's convicted of it or not (like murdering moron OJ
    > Simpson who was acquitted by moronic black jurors did it).

    DFS /knows/. I bet he doesn't personally know anyone involved in the
    Reiser case, hasn't even read any sworn testimony. Some news reports,
    some usenet crap, and DFS /knows/.

    And he also uses an irrelevant mention of the Simpson murder to air
    his racist views.

    Probably after getting all excited watching child pornography.

    > > If you think Linux has any relevence to that, you're more biased than I
    > > thought.

    > Linux has exactly as much relevance to that murder as MS has to XBox fires:

    One little difference. Reiser is accused of murdering someone.
    Reiser, the man - not his file system, and certainly not Linux.

    Whereas Microsoft is accused of selling a product that overheats and
    cause house fires.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast