Re: How can I develop Windows Applications on Linux ? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: How can I develop Windows Applications on Linux ? - Linux ; The team at http://www.mingw.org has a really nice Windows GCC port. MinGW uses the Windows native dlls rather than an emulation layer like Cygwin. I have built MinGW on Linux to compile native applications and it works very well. See ...

  1. Re: How can I develop Windows Applications on Linux ?

    The team at http://www.mingw.org has a really nice Windows GCC port.
    MinGW uses the Windows native dlls rather than an emulation layer like
    Cygwin. I have built MinGW on Linux to compile native applications and
    it works very well. See
    http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cross/README.txt for instructions on
    porting to Linux.

    Regards,
    Andy

    Mark Hobley wrote:
    > I have a requirement to develop some Windows based applications.
    >
    > Is there a package to do this on Linux? It is preferable, though not mandatory,
    > to be able to create an application that can be compiled for to produce both
    > an X version for Linux and a Windows version.
    >
    > I am happy to install runtime libraries or any additional support files
    > to Windows necessary to run the Linux developed applications.
    >
    > Any packages for installation on the Linux machine must be open source. This
    > is not a requirement for the runtime and support files for installation on the
    > Windows machine.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.

  2. Re: How can I develop Windows Applications on Linux ?

    Heck, RealBasic looks good, it compiles for both.. donīt know the cost tho.

    Andy Smith wrote:
    > The team at http://www.mingw.org has a really nice Windows GCC port.
    > MinGW uses the Windows native dlls rather than an emulation layer like
    > Cygwin. I have built MinGW on Linux to compile native applications and
    > it works very well. See
    > http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cross/README.txt for instructions on
    > porting to Linux.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andy
    >
    > Mark Hobley wrote:
    >
    >> I have a requirement to develop some Windows based applications.
    >>
    >> Is there a package to do this on Linux? It is preferable, though not
    >> mandatory,
    >> to be able to create an application that can be compiled for to
    >> produce both an X version for Linux and a Windows version.
    >>
    >> I am happy to install runtime libraries or any additional support files
    >> to Windows necessary to run the Linux developed applications.
    >>
    >> Any packages for installation on the Linux machine must be open
    >> source. This is not a requirement for the runtime and support files
    >> for installation on the
    >> Windows machine.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Mark.

+ Reply to Thread