SME Server 7.3 Released

VectorLinux 5.9 - Will It Be Pandemic?

,----[ Quote ]
| With seven stable releases of VectorLinux Standard Gold edition under their
| belts, the developers of VectorLinux have released the much-awaited
| VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold edition on the 21st of December 2007 to the joy
| of many Vectorians.
| [...]
| Overall, VectorLinux 5.9 Standard Gold is a very functional release. It looks
| a lot better than the previous version. I did not encounter any major
| glitches during the testing. It was a delightful experience seeing the faster
| boot time of VectorLinux 5.9, as compared to VectorLinux 5.8. The softwares
| seem snappier and more stable than the ones in version 5.8 too!

Looks nice and very light.

PCLinuxOS Day 1 - Installation

,----[ Quote ]
| Time to get started with some real work again. In the first stage of writing
| this series I will install PCLinuxOS (and some remasters) in virtual
| machines. This is just to make it easier for me to carry PCLinuxOS around and
| use the tools and software that it provides. Of course I will also install it
| on regular hardware during the month. I use VirtualBox as virtual
| environment. In the previous series I used VMware server, but I have found
| the performance of VirtualBox somewhat better.

VectorLinux-5.9 standard final GOLD is under the tree!

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux development team is proud to announce the release of
| VectorLinux 5.9 final GOLD edition.

Vector Linux 5.9-Pseudo64-0.1 -- Finally, 64-bit Vector

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s a 64-bit version. There has never been a 64-bit version of Vector
| Linux before. To me this is one more essential step towards Vector Linux
| being taken seriously as a major distribution. ¬*

VectorLinux - The Pefect Installation and Setup

,----[ Quote ]
| The ¬*VectorLinux Website is promising: ‚ÄúSpeed, performance, stability --
| these are attributes that set VectorLinux apart in the crowded field of Linux
| distributions. VectorLinux is a lighterweight, fast, Linux operating system
| for Intel-AMD x86 compatible systems and is based upon Slackware, one of the
| original Linux distributions‚Ķ‚ÄĚ ¬* ¬*
| Linux-Tip was testing the installation and usage of version 5.8 (Standard
| Gold).

Review: Vector Linux 5.8 Standard Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I'd rate Vector Linux as a very high quality distribution that easily
| gains a spot on my short list of highly recommended distributions for new and
| experienced users. ¬*I give the developers huge props for creating a
| distribution that takes one of the most powerful and complex distributions in
| the world (Slackware) and turns it into a new users dream desktop. ¬*This is
| even a distro I would feel comfortable giving to my own mom, and that's
| saying a lot. ¬* ¬* ¬*

Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Those looking for a fast and powerful Slackware-based distribution, be sure
| to check out this latest 5.8 SOHO installment of Vector Linux.

VectorLinux 5.8 live CD GOLD final and SOHO-5.8 live alpha1

,----[ Quote ]
| The VectorLinux team is proud to announce the release of VectorLinux
| 5.8 GOLD LIVE CD and the first SOHO-5.8 alpha live CD and DVD.

VectorLinux SOHO: A better Slackware than Slackware

,----[ Quote ]
| I've always admired VectorLinux for offering what I consider a
| better Slackware than Slackware. It's beautiful and functional,
| and would work well for me in my home office. On the desktop it
| is an excellent distribution with no real problems.

VL-5.8 standard final is under the tree. Merry Christmas!!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vector developement team is proud to announce the release of Vector
| Linux ¬*5.8 Standard final, code named "Santa" (Merry Christmas!). This
| is the fruit that has resulted from several months of coding, debugging
| and testing by the core developement team and the Vector community.

Review: VectorLinux 5.8

,----[ Quote ]
| I found VectorLinux to be an attractive OS for those who just want
| to browse the Web, watch DVDs and other video formats, and perform
| basic word processing.

New Release of a Cool Canadian Distro: Vector Linux 5.8

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
| Once you have Vector Linux installed, configured, and customized
| to your needs it?s an absolute pleasure to run. It?s fast and sleek
| and well thought out. Some features, such as those for managing
| WiFi connections and removable hardware, are absolutely second
| to none...

First look at VectorLinux 5.8 SOHO

,----[ Quote ]
| VectorLinux is a distro that I tested only a couple of times before,
| but I was very impressed with the system. Then, as now, it was a
| pretty, complete, and stable alternative to heavier or more
| complicated offerings. It dresses up Slackware and adds needed
| functionality, yet remains true to the Slackware tradition.

Vector Linux - Chaucer's Beautiful Hag

,----[ Quote ]
| I installed Vector Linux on an ancient HP vectra, a PII-450MHz box with
| 192MB RAM.

Vector Linux Environmental Stewards

,----[ Quote ]