Windows uptime and stability very good - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows uptime and stability very good - Linux ; DFS : >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: > > * vegetable > * incapable of actual learning > * unbelievably moronic > * as challenged as you > * complete ****ing moron > * completely dishonest ****head > * too stupid ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    DFS :
    >> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > * vegetable
    > * incapable of actual learning
    > * unbelievably moronic
    > * as challenged as you
    > * complete ****ing moron
    > * completely dishonest ****head
    > * too stupid
    > * too dishonest
    > * You, I have no such hope for
    > * total, complete and absolute ****tard.
    > * lying sack of ****
    >
    > Yep, it's the real Kelsey Bjarnason. And he's having a good day!
    >

    >> It is *not* necessary to reboot in order to activate a video driver. It
    >> is, however, a multi-step operation which, in many cases, would require
    >> writing down the instructions as they won't be available on screen for
    >> several of those steps.

    > Handover Phist says Ctrl+Alt+Backspace is all that's needed. Mepis says a
    > reboot is required. Someone's bull****ting here in la-la land.

    None of us are lying. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace will work, a reboot will work,
    and you're a troll. A reboot is not required. For proff change the
    driver and hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. If it works, got to the Mepis guys
    and jump up and down yelling "You lying sacks of crap! A reboot is not
    required!", videotape it, and post it on the net for all to see. If it
    doesn't work, I'll crack you in the skull with a shovel if you show up
    on my lawn and start acting like an idiot.

    >> Just as "the sun is rising" is not a lie, Mepis saying you need to reboot
    >> to update your video driver is neither technically correct nor a lie, but
    >> a simplification which will achieve the desired result without a lot of
    >> technobabble which benefits few - a few who, as noted, likely know how to
    >> avoid the reboot anyhow.

    > So Mepis would rather lie and trick a user into rebooting than make them go
    > through the kinds of hassles Linux is well known for. Either way you luse
    > with Linux.

    If the user doesn't know the steps required (the user is you, by the
    way), and isn't likely to look anything up, telling them to reboot is an
    easy workaround. They're making it easy for retards like you to use the
    system, something you've been asking for for years now. What's the
    problem?

    --
    Howard Cosell's biggest protrusion is his asshole
    -- John Valby

    www.websterscafe.com

  2. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Handover Phist

    wrote
    on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:26 GMT
    :
    > DFS :
    >>> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    >> * vegetable
    >> * incapable of actual learning
    >> * unbelievably moronic
    >> * as challenged as you
    >> * complete ****ing moron
    >> * completely dishonest ****head
    >> * too stupid
    >> * too dishonest
    >> * You, I have no such hope for
    >> * total, complete and absolute ****tard.
    >> * lying sack of ****
    >>
    >> Yep, it's the real Kelsey Bjarnason. And he's having a good day!
    >>

    >>> It is *not* necessary to reboot in order to activate a video driver. It
    >>> is, however, a multi-step operation which, in many cases, would require
    >>> writing down the instructions as they won't be available on screen for
    >>> several of those steps.

    >> Handover Phist says Ctrl+Alt+Backspace is all that's needed. Mepis says a
    >> reboot is required. Someone's bull****ting here in la-la land.

    > None of us are lying. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace will work,

    Not always; depends on how sane X is. I'm not even sure
    Ctrl-Alt-Del or Ctrl-Alt-F1 will always work either,
    though IINM the last routes through Linux's video driver
    and has a fair chance.

    Of course assuming this is a setup problem, there's not
    that much of an issue here; X will either work, partially
    work (the issues with OpenGL will show up later) or it
    will say "fatal error" and roll over.

    > a reboot will work,

    Not if the system isn't quite set up correctly. I've had
    to fuss a bit with my Gentoo installation -- mostly a
    matter of getting the right kernel modules installed.
    Mepis might be slightly brighter in this area; I can't
    say since I've not tried it.

    > and you're a troll. A reboot is not required.

    For an X restart, this is generally true unless the core
    video part is hopelessly botched -- a rare occurrence
    nowadays. However, I've seen some weird stuff on my ATI
    system where a video console gets borked.

    > For proff change the
    > driver and hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. If it works, got to the Mepis guys
    > and jump up and down yelling "You lying sacks of crap! A reboot is not
    > required!", videotape it, and post it on the net for all to see. If it
    > doesn't work, I'll crack you in the skull with a shovel if you show up
    > on my lawn and start acting like an idiot.

    SNAFU in his case. :-)

    >>> Just as "the sun is rising" is not a lie, Mepis saying you need to reboot
    >>> to update your video driver is neither technically correct nor a lie, but
    >>> a simplification which will achieve the desired result without a lot of
    >>> technobabble which benefits few - a few who, as noted, likely know how to
    >>> avoid the reboot anyhow.

    >> So Mepis would rather lie and trick a user into rebooting than make them go
    >> through the kinds of hassles Linux is well known for. Either way you luse
    >> with Linux.

    > If the user doesn't know the steps required (the user is you, by the
    > way), and isn't likely to look anything up, telling them to reboot is an
    > easy workaround. They're making it easy for retards like you to use the
    > system, something you've been asking for for years now. What's the
    > problem?

    The problem is that DFS is being pedantic at exactly
    the wrong time for the wrong reasons, although I will
    also point out (I'm also a pedant) that Microsoft has
    also instructed us very well. System malfunctioning?
    Video borked? Weird behavior on the modem lights? Aliens
    landing on one's front porch? Just CTRL-ALT-DEL and all
    will be well again through the use of MicrosoftMagic(tm).

    Except that it's not. Same conditions, same problem;
    it's just a matter of how and when one gets there.
    A reboot just sets the PC back at the start of the desired
    path (metaphorically speaking); the cliff's still there,
    and will be until someone builds a bridge, fills in the
    ravine, or changes a sign somewhere else that tells the
    PC to use a different path, avoiding the cliff.

    It'll take some time to undo this damage to our national
    computer knowledge. In the meantime, Mepis is leveraging
    it to simplify (and, if one likes, tell a little white lie)
    the installation/configuration process.

    I for one don't have a major problem with that, and there's
    not a lot I can do about it.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows. Because it's not a question of if.
    It's a question of when.

  3. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    * chrisv fired off this tart reply:

    >>> This all looks quite familiar. Didn't Dopey DuFu$ post something like
    >>> this earlier in the year? The idiot troll must have run out of things to
    >>> whine about. Of course, trolls *do* tend to go round in circles & repeat
    >>> themselves every so often.

    >>He did, and I explained it all to the lying sack of **** then, too.

    > That's the MO. I've had him plonked since day one, and still see
    > enough of his ****e to know that he is always repeating the same lies
    > and idiocy (and, unfortunately, getting rewarded for it).

    Any day now he'll bring up the X-Moto game again .

    --
    This sig has expired. Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
    and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to

  4. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    Handover Phist wrote:

    > If it
    > doesn't work, I'll crack you in the skull with a shovel if you show up
    > on my lawn and start acting like an idiot.

    Will this occur before or after you trim your muff for Donovan Hill?

  5. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    Handover Phist wrote:

    > If the user doesn't know the steps required (the user is you, by the
    > way), and isn't likely to look anything up, telling them to reboot is an
    > easy workaround. They're making it easy for retards like you to use the
    > system, something you've been asking for for years now. What's the
    > problem?

    As has been said, Dopey DoofU$ has posted this before, *&* it was explained
    the slow-witted **** then.
    The jerk must have a short attention span, & has forgotten it.

    --
    : It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens. Here we go, then: 10, 9,

  6. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    Linonut wrote:

    > Any day now he'll bring up the X-Moto game again .

    ha! Thanks for the reminder!

    http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg

    LMAO @ that P-O-O-S-S!

  7. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    [snips]

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:41:26 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:

    > None of us are lying. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace will work, a reboot will work,

    CAB *may* work; depends on the operations involved. Simple example, if
    you have a driver which needs another driver (agpgart, whatever) in order
    to work, CAB may cause the video driver to load, but may not cause the
    other to load. Such dependency issues can be resolved without a reboot,
    but aren't quite as easy as CAB.

    > If the user doesn't know the steps required (the user is you, by the
    > way)

    Yeah, well, that's DFS. If it involves Linux, anything as complicated as
    "turn the computer on" is a failing in his eyes. If the guy would at
    least pretend to be honest on occasion, maybe we wouldn't tend to think
    of him as such an utterly despicable piece of crap.

    > and isn't likely to look anything up, telling them to reboot is an
    > easy workaround. They're making it easy for retards like you to use the
    > system, something you've been asking for for years now. What's the
    > problem?

    Indeed. He can't manage complex tasks on his own, so Mepis makes it
    easy, then he whines about it. Let's face it; he's just never going to
    be happy with the way anything works... but he's never going to actually
    lift a finger to change how anything works, either. He's one of those
    parasites who has nothing to offer, but expects the world to bend to his
    will. One wonders what sort of parenting he had, to come to such a state.

    Oh well. At least we can take some comfort that the problem ends with
    him; it's not as if he'll ever breed.

  8. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    And Schrödinger's cat is still alive so long as nobody looks in on it.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    Parity on, dudes!

  9. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    Paul Hovnanian P.E. espoused:
    > And Schrödinger's cat is still alive so long as nobody looks in on it.

    Probably...

  10. Re: Windows uptime and stability very good

    Kelsey Bjarnason writes:

    >> Click the link Linoliar. "You must reboot so the change will take
    >> effect."

    > Ah, yes. "It must be true - I saw it on the net."
    >
    > Another drooling moron incapable of the mental processes required to wipe
    > the drool from his chin, now also relegated to the circular file.

    Hey look! Tape monkey Kelsey is calling people "thick" again. He is *so*
    intelligent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2