From the artist's blog:

Say hello to the new splashscreen!

"For KDE, it will surely be a great one, the launch of KDE 4, the start of a
new era, and then… but, hey! will say more of this yaddayadda in the next
post…"

New Oxygen splashscreen for KDE 4.0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qNCgOC73O8

Related:

KDE4 is very attractive for software service companies

,----[ Quote ]
| The next version of KDE4 will run natively on Mac OS X and Windows XP and
| Vista. This means that it is a very attractive platform for software
| development. No other cross-platform toolkit looks as good as Qt and has an
| equally appealing API.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2913

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/0...ry-attractive/

KDE 4 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 looks very promising. It looks good, works good and I predict reception
| will be good. *
`----

http://www.masuran.org/2007/12/17/kde-4-preview/

Introducing KDE 4