Re: [News] Even Xubuntu Beats the Best of Microsoft's Operating Systems - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Even Xubuntu Beats the Best of Microsoft's Operating Systems - Linux ; In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz had the audacity to say that: > Windows vs Linux - The Battle of the Operating Systems > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Sorry Windows! >| >| This Linux distro (distribution) has so far kicked you ...

  1. Re: [News] Even Xubuntu Beats the Best of Microsoft's Operating Systems

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz had the audacity to say that:

    > Windows vs Linux - The Battle of the Operating Systems
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Sorry Windows!
    >|
    >| This Linux distro (distribution) has so far kicked you in the rear!
    >|
    >| In two days, I have gotten Xubuntu to do everything that you can do and do it
    >| better.
    >| All the apps that you have - Xubuntu has them too!
    >| If I want to find an app I don't have to go hunting through the Internet to
    >| find a suitable free/trial version to install/uninstall.
    >|
    >| Xubuntu and its brothers Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu are so easy to use that I
    >| installed it on my 6 year olds laptop (yes, I got him one for Christmas) and
    >| even he has no problems with it. I wish he'd spend more time with the
    >| learning tools, but it's Christmas break and I figure he can go and install
    >| and play games as much as he likes! For now.
    >|
    >| Eat that Windoze. My 6 year old is configuring his own laptop! Now if I can
    >| only get him to clean his room....
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.squidoo.com/winvslin

    SNIP, SNIP

    I would only second the reviewers impressions of Xubuntu. I am always
    trying to get the word out about how *good* Xubuntu is. A great desktop
    to get work done, and also a hobbyist's configurability and tweakability.
    An even better implementation is found on the Mint flavor of Ubuntu, in
    which even the proprietary codes for multimedia come preloaded. Not *Free*,
    but a boon to the lazy!

    *R* *H*

    --
    AWAKE! FEAR! FIRE! FOES! AWAKE!
    FEAR! FIRE! FOES!

  2. Re: [News] Even Xubuntu Beats the Best of Microsoft's Operating Systems

    ____/ Rockinghorse Winner on Tuesday 01 January 2008 15:21 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz had the audacity to say that:
    >
    >> Windows vs Linux - The Battle of the Operating Systems
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Sorry Windows!
    >>|
    >>| This Linux distro (distribution) has so far kicked you in the rear!
    >>|
    >>| In two days, I have gotten Xubuntu to do everything that you can do and do
    >>| it better.
    >>| All the apps that you have - Xubuntu has them too!
    >>| If I want to find an app I don't have to go hunting through the Internet to
    >>| find a suitable free/trial version to install/uninstall.
    >>|
    >>| Xubuntu and its brothers Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu are so easy to use that I
    >>| installed it on my 6 year olds laptop (yes, I got him one for Christmas)
    >>| and even he has no problems with it. I wish he'd spend more time with the
    >>| learning tools, but it's Christmas break and I figure he can go and install
    >>| and play games as much as he likes! For now.
    >>|
    >>| Eat that Windoze. My 6 year old is configuring his own laptop! Now if I can
    >>| only get him to clean his room....
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.squidoo.com/winvslin

    > SNIP, SNIP
    >

    > I would only second the reviewers impressions of Xubuntu. I am always
    > trying to get the word out about how *good* Xubuntu is. A great desktop
    > to get work done, and also a hobbyist's configurability and tweakability.
    > An even better implementation is found on the Mint flavor of Ubuntu, in
    > which even the proprietary codes for multimedia come preloaded. Not *Free*,
    > but a boon to the lazy!
    >
    > *R* *H*

    Xubuntu seems to have become popular with those Eee PCs. It does Compiz-Fusion
    very nice, out of the box...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Charity: compensating for a broken system rather than actually fixing it
    18:00:01 up 22 days, 6:48, 4 users, load average: 0.15, 0.42, 0.70