Gobolinux 014 - Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to introduce GoboLinux 014, the new major release of
| GoboLinux, the Linux distribution featuring a rethinked file system
| structure. This release is the result of over an year of work. The Live CD
| build environment is highly customizable and packages were built using a
| dynamically-generated sandboxed environment which insulates the source code
| and its dependencies during compilation. Major upgrades include KDE 3.5.8,
| Glibc 2.5 and Xorg 7.2, as well as new versions of the GoboLinux management
| tools.
`----

http://www.gobolinux.org/?page=release_notes_014

Foresight Linux Newsletter Volume 1, Issue 9 (December 2007)

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the December edition of the Foresight Linux Newsletter. This
| month we take a look at the initial launch of the GNOME Developer Kit based
| on Foresight Linux, a look back at the year in review, an update on the next
| alpha of 2.0, updates to developer
`----

http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/displ...er/2007/12/31/

Related:

GoboLinux presentation at Latinoware 2007 is online

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week Hisham Muhammad gave a talk at Latinoware 2007, the IV
| Latin-American Conference on Free Software, which took place at Itaipu, the
| largest hydroelectric power plant in the world. The slides for the talk (in
| Portuguese) are available at the documentation page, in ODF and PDF formats.
`----

http://www.gobolinux.org/

Review: Foresight Linux - When nature calls!

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, testing Foresight has been quite a pleasure and I've learned
| some new things. If you hate to do things in a console, you should let
| Foresight update itself and not do it yourself, from the terminal. It
| contains useful software, such as the entire OpenOffice.org suite, two web
| browsers (Mozilla Firefox and Epiphany), Brasero for burning CD/DVDs, a
| powerful and sophisticated audio player/manager (Banshee). It also comes with
| a very beautiful theme, called Nimbus, and a nice collection of wallpapers.
| You should definitely give Foresight a try and, who knows, you may like it! * * *
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Revie...ux-74527.shtml

Foresight Linux: A Distribution That Stands Out From The Crowd

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight Linux has entrusted its package management to Conary. A few of the
| cool features about Conary are:
|
| # Dependencies are defined at the file level, which brings in only the
| * components needed from other packages instead of entire packages.
| # During an update, Conary only installs the diff of the update, not the full
| * binary again which makes downloads and updates faster
| # If anything went wrong with an installation or update, you can rollback
| * your system to a previous state. If the command conary rollback 10 is
| * issued, Conary will undo the last 10 things it has done for you. *
| # When fresh installing an application, Conary downloads a binary package and
| * install it, process which takes a whole lot less than compiling and
| * installing from source code. When a new version of the application is
| * available, it just applies the diff. *
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/12/02/...rom-the-crowd/

Foresight Linux Newsletter - News from Nov 30, 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the November edition of the Foresight Linux Newsletter. *With the
| recent release of the first alpha of Foresight Linux 2, this month's
| newsletter will take a detailed look at the release, including changes from
| the 1.x releases, how to test both the GNOME edition and new KDE edition, and
| the next alpha of Foresight Linux 2. * *
`----

http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/displ...er/2007/11/30/

Foresight Linux 2.0 Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| With its lime green theme, the appearance of Foresight 2.0 Alpha 1 is
| certainly distinct from most other desktop Linux distributions. However, it's
| color theme is not all that's unique about this new development release. *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=913&num=1

Foresight Linux 1.4 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight is really great for seeing the latest gnome; one can show off the
| bleeding edge desktop. Foresight also has a great out of box experience.
| Foresight is having a great theme and is quite user friendly. I would
| recommend it to every one, coming to me, asking for which Linux to start
| with. * *
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/0...14-review.html

Foresight Linux Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight Linux is a relatively new distribution based on rPath Linux and
| featuring the latest Gnome and freedesktop.org desktop. This review of
| Foresight's latest version, 1.4, will attempt to show the strengths of this
| distro and why not, give you a reason to try it next time you go distro
| hopping! * *
`----

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/215/104/

Foresight LiveCD GNOME 2.17.92

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marks the release of GNOME 2.18.0, and to commemorate today's
| release we have posted some screenshots from the Foresight LiveCD
| 2.17.92 GNOME Release Candidate, which is designed to be a demo
| GNOME LiveCD. This is also Foresight's first attempt at creating
| a bootable CD image.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=663&num=1

Foresight Linux (Review)

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm really impressed - as a long time Ubuntu user, this is the first
| distro that really makes me consider switching.
`----

http://www.silwenae.org/blog/?p=675

Review: Foresight Linux 1.0

,----[ Quote ]