Good advice for the more prolific posters - Linux

This is a discussion on Good advice for the more prolific posters - Linux ; Robert Scoble has an excellent list of things he learned in 2007: Following the advice in item #39 would greatly improve the posts of some of the "quantity of quality" posters here: 39. Big mistake? Not spending more time working ...

  1. Good advice for the more prolific posters

    Robert Scoble has an excellent list of things he learned in 2007:

    Following the advice in item #39 would greatly improve the posts of some
    of the "quantity of quality" posters here:

    39. Big mistake? Not spending more time working on posts. The ones
    where I thought about the post for hours turned out great. The ones
    I banged out really fast without thinking too much? They are the
    stupid ones.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

    > Robert Scoble has an excellent list of things he learned in 2007:
    >

    > Following the advice in item #39 would greatly improve the posts of some
    > of the "quantity of quality" posters here:
    >
    > 39. Big mistake? Not spending more time working on posts. The ones
    > where I thought about the post for hours turned out great. The ones
    > I banged out really fast without thinking too much? They are the
    > stupid ones.

    Now that's just stupid!

    --
    Ooops! I hit Send too fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 14:45 : \____

    > * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Robert Scoble has an excellent list of things he learned in 2007:
    >>

    >> Following the advice in item #39 would greatly improve the posts of some
    >> of the "quantity of quality" posters here:
    >>
    >> 39. Big mistake? Not spending more time working on posts. The ones
    >> where I thought about the post for hours turned out great. The ones
    >> I banged out really fast without thinking too much? They are the
    >> stupid ones.

    > Now that's just stupid!

    Tim is playing typo police again. He does that in Digg too, trying to smear my
    name.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq

  4. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

    >> * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> 39. Big mistake? Not spending more time working on posts. The ones
    >>> where I thought about the post for hours turned out great. The ones
    >>> I banged out really fast without thinking too much? They are the
    >>> stupid ones.

    >> Now that's just stupid!

    > Tim is playing typo police again. He does that in Digg too, trying to smear my
    > name.

    C'mon Roy, I was just joking with Tim. He didn't say a word about you!

    Nice article (referenced in Groklaw), by the way.

    --
    Tux rox!

  5. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 17:12 : \____

    > * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >>> * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

    >>> Now that's just stupid!

    >> Tim is playing typo police again. He does that in Digg too, trying to smear
    >> my name.

    > C'mon Roy, I was just joking with Tim. He didn't say a word about you!
    >
    > Nice article (referenced in Groklaw), by the way.

    Oh, I didn't realise that she had found it. Thanks for letting me know.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    "We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
    technically more."
    --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

  6. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

    > ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 17:12 : \____
    >
    >> Nice article (referenced in Groklaw), by the way.

    > Oh, I didn't realise that she had found it. Thanks for letting me know.
    >
    > "We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage Windows
    > technically more."
    > --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

    *LMAO* (Been doing that too much, lately. But Microsoft shenanigans
    offer a fertile *compost* of such material.)

    Anyway, here's another one found at Groklaw:

    http://xkcd.com/225/

    Microsoft proxy: Richard Stallman! Your viral open source licenses
    have grown too powerful. The GPL must be stopped. At the
    source. You.

    RMS: Hah! Microsoft lackeys! So it has come to this. A night of
    blood I've long awaited. But be this my death or yours, Free
    software will carry on! For a GNU dawn! For freedom! ...
    Hey, where are you going?

    MSP: Man, you're right, that never gets old.

    2nd MSP: Let's do Eric S. Raymond next.

    MSP: Or Linus Torvalds. I hear he sleeps with nunchucks.

    --
    GNU/Linux rox, Tux!

  7. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 18:27 : \____

    > * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 17:12 : \____
    >>
    >>> Nice article (referenced in Groklaw), by the way.

    >> Oh, I didn't realise that she had found it. Thanks for letting me know.
    >>
    >> "We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage
    >> Windows technically more."
    >> --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

    > *LMAO* (Been doing that too much, lately. But Microsoft shenanigans
    > offer a fertile *compost* of such material.)
    >
    > Anyway, here's another one found at Groklaw:
    >
    > http://xkcd.com/225/
    >
    > Microsoft proxy: Richard Stallman! Your viral open source licenses
    > have grown too powerful. The GPL must be stopped. At the
    > source. You.
    >
    > RMS: Hah! Microsoft lackeys! So it has come to this. A night of
    > blood I've long awaited. But be this my death or yours, Free
    > software will carry on! For a GNU dawn! For freedom! ...
    > Hey, where are you going?
    >
    > MSP: Man, you're right, that never gets old.
    >
    > 2nd MSP: Let's do Eric S. Raymond next.
    >
    > MSP: Or Linus Torvalds. I hear he sleeps with nunchucks.

    It's an excellent one. I saw that about a year ago and it pops up again in my
    mind every month or so. Very funny.... and true, except for all those ninjas.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
    Mem: 515500k total, 444704k used, 70796k free, 4344k buffers

  8. Re: Good advice for the more prolific posters

    Roy Schestowitz :
    > ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 18:27 : \____
    >
    >> * Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 17:12 : \____

    >>> Oh, I didn't realise that she had found it. Thanks for letting me know.
    >>>
    >>> "We should dedicate a cross-group team to come up with ways to leverage
    >>> Windows technically more."
    >>> --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

    >> *LMAO* (Been doing that too much, lately. But Microsoft shenanigans
    >> offer a fertile *compost* of such material.)
    >>
    >> Anyway, here's another one found at Groklaw:
    >>
    >> http://xkcd.com/225/
    >>
    >> Microsoft proxy: Richard Stallman! Your viral open source licenses
    >> have grown too powerful. The GPL must be stopped. At the
    >> source. You.
    >>
    >> RMS: Hah! Microsoft lackeys! So it has come to this. A night of
    >> blood I've long awaited. But be this my death or yours, Free
    >> software will carry on! For a GNU dawn! For freedom! ...
    >> Hey, where are you going?
    >>
    >> MSP: Man, you're right, that never gets old.
    >>
    >> 2nd MSP: Let's do Eric S. Raymond next.
    >>
    >> MSP: Or Linus Torvalds. I hear he sleeps with nunchucks.

    > It's an excellent one. I saw that about a year ago and it pops up again in my
    > mind every month or so. Very funny.... and true, except for all those ninjas.

    Yeah, they're samuris

    --
    PIGS SHOULDN'T RULE

    www.websterscafe.com