P5A MOBO with linux having troubles with interrupts,anybody runningthis combo? - Linux

This is a discussion on P5A MOBO with linux having troubles with interrupts,anybody runningthis combo? - Linux ; I have 2 nics , one PCI one ISA as soon as I ad an ISA modem the ISA Etherlink III stops working and second serial port never seams to work. For some reason in SLACK 12 (2.6.21.5) int 3 ...

  1. P5A MOBO with linux having troubles with interrupts,anybody runningthis combo?

    I have 2 nics , one PCI one ISA as soon as I ad an ISA modem the ISA
    Etherlink III stops working and second serial port never seams to work.
    For some reason in SLACK 12 (2.6.21.5) int 3 and 4 don't show up in
    /proc/interrupts like it did in 10.x
    So I am wondering if the kernel has trouble rerouting the int on this
    board if is the board rely toast.

    Cheers and Happy New Year.

  2. Re: P5A MOBO with linux having troubles with interrupts,anybody running this combo?

    Interrupt on the modem is taking it away from the et.
    try changing the bios.

    "Sambo" wrote in message
    newsF7ej.18477$m6.1416@newsfe18.lga...
    >I have 2 nics , one PCI one ISA as soon as I ad an ISA modem the ISA
    > Etherlink III stops working and second serial port never seams to work.
    > For some reason in SLACK 12 (2.6.21.5) int 3 and 4 don't show up in
    > /proc/interrupts like it did in 10.x So I am wondering if the kernel has
    > trouble rerouting the int on this
    > board if is the board rely toast.
    >
    > Cheers and Happy New Year.

  3. Re: P5A MOBO with linux having troubles with interrupts,anybody runningthis combo?

    Sambo wrote:
    > I have 2 nics , one PCI one ISA as soon as I ad an ISA modem the ISA
    > Etherlink III stops working and second serial port never seams to work.
    > For some reason in SLACK 12 (2.6.21.5) int 3 and 4 don't show up in
    > /proc/interrupts like it did in 10.x So I am wondering if the kernel has
    > trouble rerouting the int on this
    > board if is the board rely toast.

    Many old cards don't be able to share IRQ with other units, these cards has
    many times jumpers which allows you to switch the IRQ.

    --

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread