MSBBC censors news readers - Linux

This is a discussion on MSBBC censors news readers - Linux ; MSBBC censors news readers -------------------------- Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008. The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE. So far so good. How ...

  1. MSBBC censors news readers

    MSBBC censors news readers
    --------------------------

    Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    So far so good.

    How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?

    In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
    fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
    several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
    in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
    For fsck sake!
    Considering Ausus EEE is projected
    to sell 1 billion dollars worth for 2008 and its sold
    with Linux running on it, its
    appauling that MSBBC and its cronies try so hard
    to keep Linux out of prime news time.

  2. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    ____/ 7 on Monday 31 December 2007 11:16 : \____

    > MSBBC censors news readers
    > --------------------------
    >
    > Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    > The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    > about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    > So far so good.
    >
    > How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?
    >
    > In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
    > fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
    > several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
    > in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
    > For fsck sake!
    > Considering Ausus EEE is projected
    > to sell 1 billion dollars worth for 2008 and its sold
    > with Linux running on it, its
    > appauling that MSBBC and its cronies try so hard
    > to keep Linux out of prime news time.

    When the O/S become a commodity (which it will), nobody will bother to say what
    it's called. Gates' computing museum is important because it will show that
    GNU/Linux had some competition predating it. And it also had a name: Windows.

    Appliances have their identity and brands hidden. Just ask phone owners if they
    know what Symbian is.

    Windows is prevalent in a single area, which is the desktop. Ironically, it's
    also worse on the desktop (practically speaking, market share aside) than Mac
    OS and Linux. People mention Windows only because it's more visible. It's an
    identical desktop (visual identity, a la communism) with many logos and
    familiar blue screens.

    Yesterday I took a low-end machine without a graphics card. A couple of clicks
    away in Ubuntu there was an item called "desktop effects" which enabled Compiz
    (eye candy) and it ran smoothly. Very weird. I don't think there was an
    on-board graphics card. Can Linux be /that/ good? It must be. Windows is in
    trouble, no matter what broadcasting company Microsoft takes over to mess
    about with visibility of alternatives. People will sooner or later see that
    there is choice (it's the network effect). Try to find showrooms with
    full-blown 'Linux glory' in them. It's another form of censorship. The
    editorial control/filter of the corporate PC world...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
    11:20:01 up 21 days, 8 min, 4 users, load average: 1.73, 1.74, 1.61

  3. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    7 wrote:
    > MSBBC censors news readers
    > --------------------------
    >
    > Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    > The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    > about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    > So far so good.
    >
    > How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?

    As often as he wanted.

    > In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
    > fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
    > several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
    > in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
    > For fsck sake!
    > Considering Ausus EEE is projected
    > to sell 1 billion dollars worth for 2008
    > and its sold
    > with Linux running on it, its
    > appauling that MSBBC and its cronies try so hard
    > to keep Linux out of prime news time.

    Asus themselves don't even mention Linux on the official product site
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...07&modelmenu=1

    They're trying to sell a computer product with a GUI interface. The world
    expects Windows, and Linux is a proven turn-off. That's why they don't
    mention it much, if at all.

  4. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:55:01 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Asus themselves don't even mention Linux on the official product site
    > http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...07&modelmenu=1

    Perhaps they don't see any need to.

    > They're trying to sell a computer product with a GUI interface. The world
    > expects Windows, and Linux is a proven turn-off. That's why they don't
    > mention it much, if at all.

    Everything I've seen written about the EeePC talks about Linux, not
    Windows. And no, Linux is *NOT* a 'proven turn-off'. Clearly, anything
    but, considering how many of these nifty little Linux laptops are being
    sold.

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:55:01 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Asus themselves don't even mention Linux on the official product site
    > http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...07&modelmenu=1
    >
    > They're trying to sell a computer product with a GUI interface. The world
    > expects Windows, and Linux is a proven turn-off. That's why they don't
    > mention it much, if at all.

    More lies

    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?mo...l2=0&l3=0&l4=0

    Operating System:
    Linux
    Windows XP compatible

    Bug

  6. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    Kier wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:55:01 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Asus themselves don't even mention Linux on the official product site
    >> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...07&modelmenu=1

    > Perhaps they don't see any need to.

    Perhaps they know it will hurt their cause.

    >> They're trying to sell a computer product with a GUI interface. The
    >> world expects Windows, and Linux is a proven turn-off. That's why
    >> they don't mention it much, if at all.

    > Everything I've seen written about the EeePC talks about Linux, not
    > Windows.

    That's because everything you've seen was written by Linux idiots.

    > And no, Linux is *NOT* a 'proven turn-off'. Clearly, anything
    > but, considering how many of these nifty little Linux laptops are
    > being sold.

    That's because they're forcing Linux on users, and channel stuffing, and
    strong-arming the OEMs to sell it.

  7. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> MSBBC censors news readers
    >> --------------------------
    >>
    >> Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    >> The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    >> about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    >> So far so good.
    >>
    >> How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?

    > As often as he wanted.

    No him and the two news readers were not allowed to mention Linux.

    The only way Linux is going to get some prime time airing is
    for Linux and open source guys to get recuited into these
    organisations and talk openly about Linux and blow the whistle
    on all the idiots taking back handers from micoshaft and their
    cronies.

    Nearly every family has Linux gadgets in their home
    from flat TVs, MP3 players, digital photoframes, routers,
    set top boxes, dvd recorders, to sat navs and PS3s.
    A million+ such devices are sold per day.

    The MSBBC is a highly corrupt organisation with thought
    police that doesn't want to educate the public about
    Linux and how pervasive the technology is around the home.
    And you know what, everyone has a right to download software
    running on those gadgets and modify to heart's content.
    The next revolution in gadgets and the training
    and modification experiences of school kids to engineering
    students are all being held up by MSBBC corruption.
    They just don't want to talk about it.
    They want it censored 100%.

  8. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>> MSBBC censors news readers
    >>> --------------------------
    >>>
    >>> Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    >>> The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    >>> about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    >>> So far so good.
    >>>
    >>> How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?

    >> As often as he wanted.

    > No him and the two news readers were not allowed to mention Linux.

    Prove it. It's your claim - show us some evidence his producers were
    forcing him not to mention Linux.

    Like virtually every stupid thing you say, you won't have any support for
    this stupid claim, either.

    > The only way Linux is going to get some prime time airing is
    > for Linux and open source guys to get recuited into these
    > organisations and talk openly about Linux and blow the whistle
    > on all the idiots taking back handers from micoshaft and their
    > cronies.

    What, now you think the 'MSBBC' is going to willingly hire open source
    wacks? Too late for that - MS now controls another media outlet.

    > Nearly every family has Linux gadgets in their home
    > from flat TVs, MP3 players, digital photoframes, routers,
    > set top boxes, dvd recorders, to sat navs and PS3s.

    Never seen a Linux gadget - in fact I've never heard of one.

    > A million+ such devices are sold per day.

    Another one of your "who cares if it's accurate" claims. Actually, you've
    never made any other kind.

    > The MSBBC is a highly corrupt organisation with thought
    > police that doesn't want to educate the public about
    > Linux and how pervasive the technology is around the home.
    > And you know what, everyone has a right to download software
    > running on those gadgets and modify to heart's content.
    > The next revolution in gadgets and the training
    > and modification experiences of school kids to engineering
    > students are all being held up by MSBBC corruption.

    MS controls the world. Woe is cola, woe is the open source "community".
    Woe is Linux.

    > They just don't want to talk about it.
    > They want it censored 100%.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/

  9. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    "DFS" writes:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> They just don't want to talk about it.
    >> They want it censored 100%.

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/

    Perfection. An ideal way to sign off another year of COLA idiocy.

    At the risk of obscuring the beauty of this smack down, I would
    highlight just one of the BBC OSS projects:

    ,----
    | Media Lounge

    | A C++ application, based on the "Crystal Space 3D" game engine SDK. It
    | displays an interactive, shared virtual world, in which the content
    | author can embed audio and video sequences. It has currently been
    | compiled and tested only on Linux.
    `----

    Poor old "7".

  10. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:11:58 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:55:01 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Asus themselves don't even mention Linux on the official product site
    >>> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...07&modelmenu=1

    >> Perhaps they don't see any need to.

    > Perhaps they know it will hurt their cause.

    Unlikely.

    >>> They're trying to sell a computer product with a GUI interface. The
    >>> world expects Windows, and Linux is a proven turn-off. That's why
    >>> they don't mention it much, if at all.

    >> Everything I've seen written about the EeePC talks about Linux, not
    >> Windows.

    > That's because everything you've seen was written by Linux idiots.

    Given that it's sold with Linux, not with Windows, I'd say you're ****ing
    100% WRONG.

    >> And no, Linux is *NOT* a 'proven turn-off'. Clearly, anything
    >> but, considering how many of these nifty little Linux laptops are
    >> being sold.

    > That's because they're forcing Linux on users, and channel stuffing, and
    > strong-arming the OEMs to sell it.

    Don't be an idiot and a liar. They're doing nothing of the kind.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:36:33 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>> MSBBC censors news readers
    >>> --------------------------
    >>>
    >>> Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    >>> The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    >>> about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    >>> So far so good.
    >>>
    >>> How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?

    >> As often as he wanted.

    > No him and the two news readers were not allowed to mention Linux.

    How do you know that? Who told you?

    > The only way Linux is going to get some prime time airing is
    > for Linux and open source guys to get recuited into these
    > organisations and talk openly about Linux and blow the whistle
    > on all the idiots taking back handers from micoshaft and their
    > cronies.

    *What* backhanders? You can't make accusations like this without proof.

    > Nearly every family has Linux gadgets in their home
    > from flat TVs, MP3 players, digital photoframes, routers,
    > set top boxes, dvd recorders, to sat navs and PS3s.
    > A million+ such devices are sold per day.
    >
    > The MSBBC is a highly corrupt organisation with thought
    > police that doesn't want to educate the public about
    > Linux and how pervasive the technology is around the home.

    Stop talking crap.

    > And you know what, everyone has a right to download software
    > running on those gadgets and modify to heart's content.
    > The next revolution in gadgets and the training
    > and modification experiences of school kids to engineering
    > students are all being held up by MSBBC corruption.

    Let's see the PROOF. NOt just a lot of paranoid speculation.

    > They just don't want to talk about it.
    > They want it censored 100%.

    Proof, proof, proof. Where is it? Not even the government can shut the
    BBC, never mind MS.

    --
    Kier

  12. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    Net Nanny Troll Kier wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:36:33 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft Corporation's Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    >> Corporation:

    >>> As often as he wanted.

    >> No him and the two news readers were not allowed to mention Linux.

    > How do you know that? Who told you?

    Well, lets see now, they came on TV 5 minutes later and announced
    fully that they were not allowed to mention Linux or Billy Goat
    himself would sue them.

    >> The only way Linux is going to get some prime time airing is
    >> for Linux and open source guys to get recuited into these
    >> organisations and talk openly about Linux and blow the whistle
    >> on all the idiots taking back handers from micoshaft and their
    >> cronies.

    > *What* backhanders? You can't make accusations like this without proof.

    Well, lets see now, they came on TV ten minutes later
    and announced they had received back handers but
    could not divulge the details for fear of being sued by the police.

    >> Nearly every family has Linux gadgets in their home
    >> from flat TVs, MP3 players, digital photoframes, routers,
    >> set top boxes, dvd recorders, to sat navs and PS3s.
    >> A million+ such devices are sold per day.
    >>
    >> The MSBBC is a highly corrupt organisation with thought
    >> police that doesn't want to educate the public about
    >> Linux and how pervasive the technology is around the home.

    > Stop talking crap.

    You are becoming just a fsked up sock mouth piece for anti-linux shills.

    >> And you know what, everyone has a right to download software
    >> running on those gadgets and modify to heart's content.
    >> The next revolution in gadgets and the training
    >> and modification experiences of school kids to engineering
    >> students are all being held up by MSBBC corruption.

    > Let's see the PROOF. NOt just a lot of paranoid speculation.

    Well, lets see now, they came on TV fifteen minutes later
    and publicly announced the micoshaft world domination plan that
    excludes Linux.

    >> They just don't want to talk about it.
    >> They want it censored 100%.

    > Proof, proof, proof. Where is it? Not even the government can shut the
    > BBC, never mind MS.

    Well, lets see now, they came on TV twenty minutes later
    and announced that all proof will be available in written
    form. All you have to do is send them an SAE requesting
    each and every proof, proof of proof and pooff the magic
    director general at MSBBC shall mail you a hand written proof
    of every proof you have ever requested.

    Satified now?

    Go home like a little boy you are now.

    Nonsense. But you most certainly *are* a ****ing idiot.

    >>> And you know what, everyone has a right to download software
    >>> running on those gadgets and modify to heart's content.
    >>> The next revolution in gadgets and the training
    >>> and modification experiences of school kids to engineering
    >>> students are all being held up by MSBBC corruption.

    >> Let's see the PROOF. NOt just a lot of paranoid speculation.

    > Well, lets see now, they came on TV fifteen minutes later
    > and publicly announced the micoshaft world domination plan that
    > excludes Linux.

    Hardly.

    >>> They just don't want to talk about it.
    >>> They want it censored 100%.

    >> Proof, proof, proof. Where is it? Not even the government can shut the
    >> BBC, never mind MS.

    > Well, lets see now, they came on TV twenty minutes later
    > and announced that all proof will be available in written
    > form. All you have to do is send them an SAE requesting
    > each and every proof, proof of proof and pooff the magic
    > director general at MSBBC shall mail you a hand written proof
    > of every proof you have ever requested.

    Unlikely.

    > Satified now?
    >
    > Go home like a little boy you are now.

    You're the only little boy here, fool.

    --
    Kier

  14. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:11:58 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > That's because they're forcing Linux on users, and channel stuffing, and
    > strong-arming the OEMs to sell it.

    ROFL -- who, precisely, is doing this? And, *how* are they strong arming
    the OEM's? Which OEM's?

    -Thufir

  15. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    Thufir wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:11:58 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >

    >> That's because they're forcing Linux on users, and channel stuffing,
    >> and strong-arming the OEMs to sell it.

    > ROFL -- who, precisely, is doing this? And, *how* are they strong
    > arming the OEM's? Which OEM's?

    It is funny, isn't it? And extremely pathetic.

    Guess which ridiculous idiots have been making these exact claims (about MS
    and Windows) every week for years?

  16. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    In article <0c4ej.70539$c_1.32312@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
    7 wrote:
    > MSBBC censors news readers
    > --------------------------
    >
    > Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    > The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    > about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    > So far so good.
    >
    > How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?
    >
    > In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
    > fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
    > several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
    > in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
    > For fsck sake!

    So wait a minute--he tried to mention Linux and they stopped him? Or
    did you get a hold of whatever instructions they gave him beforehand,
    and those said "do not mention Linux"?

    You seem to be inferring somehow that because he didn't mention Linux,
    they must have told him not to mention it.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  17. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    DFS wrote:

    > Thufir wrote:
    >> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:11:58 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's because they're forcing Linux on users, and channel stuffing,
    >>> and strong-arming the OEMs to sell it.

    >> ROFL -- who, precisely, is doing this? And, *how* are they strong
    >> arming the OEM's? Which OEM's?

    > It is funny, isn't it? And extremely pathetic.
    >
    > Guess which ridiculous idiots have been making these exact claims (about
    > MS and Windows) every week for years?

    Evasion noted.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  18. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 19:37:26 +1100, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >>> ROFL -- who, precisely, is doing this? And, *how* are they strong
    >>> arming the OEM's? Which OEM's?

    >> It is funny, isn't it? And extremely pathetic.
    >>
    >> Guess which ridiculous idiots have been making these exact claims
    >> (about MS and Windows) every week for years?

    > Evasion noted.

    Exactly. The claim was that "Linux" (meaning a person, organization or
    company?) was forcing Linux on users by, err, umm, unspecified methods.
    Monopoly power? Of course, the specific OEM's subject to pressure were
    never specified.

    -Thufir

  19. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:21:42 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <0c4ej.70539$c_1.32312@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
    > 7 wrote:
    >> MSBBC censors news readers
    >> --------------------------
    >>
    >> Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
    >> The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
    >> about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
    >> So far so good.
    >>
    >> How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?
    >>
    >> In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
    >> fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
    >> several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
    >> in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
    >> For fsck sake!

    > So wait a minute--he tried to mention Linux and they stopped him? Or
    > did you get a hold of whatever instructions they gave him beforehand,
    > and those said "do not mention Linux"?
    >
    > You seem to be inferring somehow that because he didn't mention Linux,
    > they must have told him not to mention it.

    Which is of course nonsense. Still, they *should* have talked about Linux,
    or at least mentioned it as the OS of the EeePC, even if all they said
    was, 'the EeeePC runs an alternative operating system to Windows, called
    Linux, which ideal for devices like this', or something like that.

    And it seems silly for them to mention MS at all, since the notebook
    doesn't even come with Windows installed. So that is, perhaps, a valid
    point to make.

    --
    Kier

  20. Re: MSBBC censors news readers

    In article ,
    Kier wrote:
    > Which is of course nonsense. Still, they *should* have talked about Linux,
    > or at least mentioned it as the OS of the EeePC, even if all they said
    > was, 'the EeeePC runs an alternative operating system to Windows, called
    > Linux, which ideal for devices like this', or something like that.

    It depends on how this is being positioned. Looking at the Asus site,
    it seems to be being positioned as an appliance type computer. (And one
    that you are supposed to use while horizontal... :-)). I may have
    missed it, but going through what appeared to be the main paths, I
    didn't see anything on application expandability. They seem to expect
    you to use what they provide.

    The target market seems to be people who want a small device they can
    take on the go, that will handle their web browsing, and deal with
    photos, and multimedia, and their other common "ordinary person" tasks.

    Looking through the manual for it, the only thing I noticed about
    installing applications beyond what come with it is a section that talks
    about their add/remove program, which can download and install programs
    from their server, and remove them. I didn't see anything about
    installing apps other than through the Asus server.

    (Well, there is one thing. They have a big section in the manual for
    the Linux version telling how to install and optimize XP. The manual
    for the XP version does not have a corresponding section on installing
    Linux).

    Asus simply does not seen to be positioning this as a Linux PC, or even
    as a PC. It looks like the perception they want is that it is an
    appliance, but can be turned into a Windows XP system if what you are
    looking for is a "real" PC in that form factor.

    So, I'm not surprised that people talking about it might leave out
    Linux--for the same reason a car salesman will probably tell an obvious
    non-car person about the number of cup holders the car has and how many
    kids it can carry before telling them about what kind of suspension it
    has (and might never even mention the suspension, other than perhaps
    saying things like "it has a smooth ride").

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread