KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best - Linux

This is a discussion on KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best - Linux ; On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:44:31 -0500, DFS wrote: > Hadron wrote: >> Kier writes: >> >>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:40:44 -0500, DFS wrote: >>> >>>> http://www.kde.org/kde-4.0-release-event/#travel >>> >>> And just exactly what the **** are you wittering ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:44:31 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Kier writes:

    >>> And just exactly what the **** are you wittering on about?

    >> It's free. Food is provided. You need to share a room (Mark and Roy?).
    >>
    >> Oh, and Google is paying for it.
    >>
    >> You know. Google. The evil monopoly that Roy hates,

    > Obviously, KDE is now on Google's payroll and is just another official
    > division of the evil Google monopoly.

    Well, it's certainly not obvious to me, nor to anyone else (excepting Roy,
    perhaps, but since he has said nothing, you don't know, do you?)

    --
    Kier

  2. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    On 2007-12-31, chrisv claimed:
    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >> You seem to enjoy being a dickhead, just like DFS.

    > Just figuring that out, Kier?
    >
    > Maybe if you keep feeding the troll, he'll stop being the asshole that he
    > is today!

    The troll is already obese, and it hasn't helped yet. Truckloads more
    feeding might not bring us any closer to getting DuFuS or Quook acting
    like anything other than what they are.

    Maybe we're waiting for the trolls to explode or die from heart attacks
    or something. Otherwise continued feeding doesn't seem to be working
    toward anything worthwhile.

    --
    Many are educated. Few are learned.

  3. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    Sinister Midget writes:

    > On 2007-12-31, chrisv claimed:
    >> Kier wrote:
    >>
    >>> You seem to enjoy being a dickhead, just like DFS.

    >> Just figuring that out, Kier?
    >>
    >> Maybe if you keep feeding the troll, he'll stop being the asshole that he
    >> is today!

    > The troll is already obese, and it hasn't helped yet. Truckloads more
    > feeding might not bring us any closer to getting DuFuS or Quook acting
    > like anything other than what they are.
    >
    > Maybe we're waiting for the trolls to explode or die from heart attacks
    > or something. Otherwise continued feeding doesn't seem to be working
    > toward anything worthwhile.

    A bit too much Sherry on new years eve?

  4. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:21:37 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2007-12-31, chrisv claimed:
    >> Kier wrote:
    >>
    >>> You seem to enjoy being a dickhead, just like DFS.

    >> Just figuring that out, Kier?
    >>
    >> Maybe if you keep feeding the troll, he'll stop being the asshole that he
    >> is today!

    > The troll is already obese, and it hasn't helped yet. Truckloads more
    > feeding might not bring us any closer to getting DuFuS or Quook acting
    > like anything other than what they are.
    >
    > Maybe we're waiting for the trolls to explode or die from heart attacks
    > or something. Otherwise continued feeding doesn't seem to be working
    > toward anything worthwhile.

    Nor is chrisv, who keeps replying to a person who PLONKED him ages ago,
    and has said so. When did chrisv ever contribute anythig worthwhile here?

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    * Tattoo Vampire fired off this tart reply:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.kde.org/kde-4.0-release-event/#travel

    > Jealous you weren't invited?

    He'd be all over it if it were Microsoft offering to put him up for a
    week-long training class in SQL Server.

    --
    Tux rox!

  6. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:27:56 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > What insult? Why so prissy? FWIW, they ARE free loading. Google is
    > hosting as in throwing the dog a bone.
    >
    > And why?
    >
    > I'll tell you why.
    >
    > So they can cherry pick their best programmers.
    >
    > A market doing what a market does best.

    I don't get it -- when a corporation hosts an event it's an unusual usage
    of "free loader" to describe the participants. The implication that
    Google will cherry pick the best programmers similarly comes across as
    scummy the way its related. These things aren't low, or slimy, or any of
    the connotations which the post brings to mind. Odd.

    -Thufir

  7. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    "Kier" wrote
    newsan.2007.12.31.14.22.29.111506@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:21:37 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:

    >>> Just figuring that out, Kier?
    >>>
    >>> Maybe if you keep feeding the troll, he'll stop being the asshole that
    >>> he
    >>> is today!

    >> The troll is already obese, and it hasn't helped yet. Truckloads more
    >> feeding might not bring us any closer to getting DuFuS or Quook acting
    >> like anything other than what they are.
    >>
    >> Maybe we're waiting for the trolls to explode or die from heart attacks
    >> or something. Otherwise continued feeding doesn't seem to be working
    >> toward anything worthwhile.

    > Nor is chrisv, who keeps replying to a person who PLONKED him ages ago,
    > and has said so. When did chrisv ever contribute anythig worthwhile here?

    Fsck you arsehole troll.
    *plonk*

  8. Re: KDE 4.0 launch: 200 freeloaders doing what they do best

    In Vino Veritas, In Cervesio Felicitas
    (In wine there is truth, in beer there is joy)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2