Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux ; Kier wrote: >As does chriv every time he opens his mouth. Poor Kier. Lying again. >Being a Linux advpcate >doesn't automatically confer gracce or decency, unfortunately. You're proof of that, asshole....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 62 of 62

  1. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Kier wrote:

    >As does chriv every time he opens his mouth.

    Poor Kier. Lying again.

    >Being a Linux advpcate
    >doesn't automatically confer gracce or decency, unfortunately.

    You're proof of that, asshole.

  2. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7

    wrote
    on Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:07:26 GMT
    :
    > Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling

    >> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.

    > BOLLOCKS TO YOU ASSHOLE!
    >
    > YOU WERE TOLD MANY TIMES TO TOTAL THE PRESS RELEASES FOR 2007!!!

    Not useful, as many press releases restate numbers and/or
    mutate previous press releases.

    Unless one can get at the source of the releases and remove
    the duplications, perhaps -- and that's a lot of work -- I
    fail to see how this can be done in a nice fashion.

    I'd like to know who is shipping 1 million new desktops
    per month preloaded with Linux. (Presumably this is a
    set of distributors and/or OEM resellers.)

    (Meanwhile, Windows continues to cannibalize itself,
    replacing XP with Vista at a rate of about 20% per annum.
    This is not growth but does allow Microsoft to realize a
    little extra revenue -- if one assumes 100 million PCs
    with Windows XP and $200 per license, that translates
    into $4B/year -- a very very nice racket.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature/pedantry: Resource temporarily unavailable

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4