Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux ; Kier wrote: > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:06:16 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote: > >> Kier wrote: >> >>>> >>>> 7. I ask him about this, but he goes into massive evade mode, saying >>>> that since he never mentioned ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

  1. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    < snip Tim Hadron bull**** >

    >>> Then he's been a bloody fool.
    >>>

    >> Fine Kier, fine
    >>
    >> So since I never mentioned WPA keys in any post, I agree that one can
    >> publish them

    > Not the same thing and you know it. Come one, Peter, don't be a dick.

    What is not the same thing?
    You call me a "bloody fool" for "agreeing to something I never ever
    mentioned or commented about".

    All the time Erik F and his cretinous cronies tell us that they don't "agree
    to something just because they don't comment on it"

    And then comes this moronic twit Tim "Hadron Funkenbusch" Smith and talks
    just that bollocks, in his zeal to somehow defend his co-troll Hadron Quark

    And *you* call me a "bloody fool"

    And doubt that Tim Smith is a MS apologist

    Yeah right
    --
    Microsoft: which revised Eula do you want to accept today?

  2. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    ,----

    | > > Peter is an idiot. He really hasn't a clue.
    | >
    | > Fine. Tell us all about "greylisting" and how it forces users to send email
    | > twice, will you, "email sage" Hadron Quark?
    |
    | What about posting WPA keys. Hadron says doing so is bad from a
    | security point of view. You say Hadron is wrong. So, instead of
    | bringing up things from other newsgroups, how about explaining in this
    | one WHY you think posting one's WPA key would not be a security risk?
    `----

    Poor Peter. One can almost see your little gold specs getting steamed
    up.

  3. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > And then comes this moronic twit Tim "Hadron Funkenbusch" Smith and talks
    > just that bollocks, in his zeal to somehow defend his co-troll Hadron Quark

    Let's review.

    1. Hadron said that publishing a WPA key is a security risk.

    2. Someone agreed with him.

    3. You make your first appearance in the thread, to attack that person
    for agreeing with Hadron (even though Hadron was right). You claim that
    Hadron is ALWAYS wrong.

    4. I point out that this means that you think publishing a WPA is not a
    security risk. Or you are wrong when you claimed Hadron is always
    wrong. I asked you which it is.

    You talk about zeal--the only one showing any zeal here is you, who lept
    into a thread you had shown no interest in, solely to insult someone for
    agreeing with a correct statement, just because that correct statement
    was made by someone you don't like.

    There are only two possibilities here:

    A. Hadron was right.

    B. You believe it is not a security risk to publish one's WPA key.

    Which is it?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> And then comes this moronic twit Tim "Hadron Funkenbusch" Smith and talks
    >> just that bollocks, in his zeal to somehow defend his co-troll Hadron
    >> Quark

    > Let's review.
    >
    > 1. Hadron said that publishing a WPA key is a security risk.
    >
    > 2. Someone agreed with him.
    >
    > 3. You make your first appearance in the thread, to attack that person
    > for agreeing with Hadron (even though Hadron was right). You claim that
    > Hadron is ALWAYS wrong.
    >
    > 4. I point out that this means that you think publishing a WPA is not a
    > security risk. Or you are wrong when you claimed Hadron is always
    > wrong. I asked you which it is.
    >
    > You talk about zeal--the only one showing any zeal here is you, who lept
    > into a thread you had shown no interest in, solely to insult someone for
    > agreeing with a correct statement, just because that correct statement
    > was made by someone you don't like.
    >
    > There are only two possibilities here:
    >
    > A. Hadron was right.
    >
    > B. You believe it is not a security risk to publish one's WPA key.
    >
    > Which is it?

    C) You are a dishonest asshole in your attempt to read something into which
    I did not say anything about

    Do you still claim not to be a troll?
    --
    Windows: Because everyone needs a good laugh!

  5. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced AgainstGNU/Linux

    Kier wrote:

    >>> I don't think he is. Just not fervently anti-MS.

    >> Strange then that he defends the astroturfers and trolls constantly
    >> Strange then that he constantly attacks linux advocates, with
    >> completely whacko "arguments" often enough

    > He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    > surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    always wrong".

    Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    one an ethical, credible person. Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes
    right" and still be a contemptible and idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls
    regularly demonstrate.

  6. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > > There are only two possibilities here:
    > >
    > > A. Hadron was right.
    > >
    > > B. You believe it is not a security risk to publish one's WPA key.
    > >
    > > Which is it?
    > >

    > C) You are a dishonest asshole in your attempt to read something into which
    > I did not say anything about

    Peter, when a person says something, and you say that person was wrong,
    you ARE saying something about the thing they were talking about.

    Hadron said something about WPA keys. You said he's wrong. That gives
    you a position on WPA keys.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> > There are only two possibilities here:
    >> >
    >> > A. Hadron was right.
    >> >
    >> > B. You believe it is not a security risk to publish one's WPA key.
    >> >
    >> > Which is it?
    >> >

    >> C) You are a dishonest asshole in your attempt to read something into
    >> which I did not say anything about

    > Peter, when a person says something, and you say that person was wrong,
    > you ARE saying something about the thing they were talking about.
    >
    > Hadron said something about WPA keys. You said he's wrong. That gives
    > you a position on WPA keys.

    So if Hadron Quark tells us that the sky is blue I should disagree?
    Have you ever heard of "obvious"?

    Idiot
    --
    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

  8. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    chrisv wrote:

    >>> Strange then that he defends the astroturfers and trolls constantly
    >>> Strange then that he constantly attacks linux advocates, with
    >>> completely whacko "arguments" often enough

    >> He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    >> surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    > Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    > always wrong".
    >
    > Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    > one an ethical, credible person. Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes
    > right" and still be a contemptible and idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls
    > regularly demonstrate.

    Well, Hadron Quark or his lapdog Tim Hadron Funkenbusch could claim, for
    example, that the sky is blue.

    Naturally that makes them (automatically) worthy of "discussion", as they
    were not (automatically) wrong
    --
    Machine-Independent, adj.:
    Does not run on any existing machine.

  9. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > chrisv wrote:

    >>> He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    >>> surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    >> Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    >> always wrong".
    >>
    >> Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    >> one an ethical, credible person. Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes
    >> right" and still be a contemptible and idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls
    >> regularly demonstrate.

    > Well, Hadron Quark or his lapdog Tim Hadron Funkenbusch could claim, for
    > example, that the sky is blue.
    >
    > Naturally that makes them (automatically) worthy of "discussion", as they
    > were not (automatically) wrong

    I don't think I have ever seen Tim Smith lie, cheat, insult or
    prevaricate. You know - all the things that most of the "advocates" do
    all the time here.

    See the comment above, which sums up too many of the posters here:

    >> Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    >> always wrong".

    I don't think there is a more balanced poster than Tim. He defends Linux
    as well as points out its faults. The things he does most though is
    simply point out the lies and fabrications of the likes of Roy and Mark
    Kent. It is people like these two who do more harm for Linux advocacy
    than any paid for Windows "shills" could ever do.

    I am more prone to arguing and playing the game with the COLA gang
    rather than sticking to facts and withdrawing when the bile and venom
    starts to spit from the likes of Colonel Klink and his merry men.

    COLA is a game. Enjoy it!

  10. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Monday 31 Dec 2007 10:42 am, chrisv wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    >>> Strange then that he defends the astroturfers and trolls constantly
    >>> Strange then that he constantly attacks linux advocates, with
    >>> completely whacko "arguments" often enough

    >> He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    >> surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    > Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    > always wrong".
    >
    > Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    > one an ethical, credible person.

    Quite so.

    > Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes right" and still be a contemptible and
    > idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls regularly demonstrate.

    Trolls will sometimes post something that is correct, but it's only to try &
    show they have some credibility. This is an attempt to try & fool newbies &
    naive, gullible people like Kier.
    The troll will soon revert back to type, however, & the noobs who have an ounce
    of sense will soon discover their ploy. You only need to see how quickly Quack
    has been found out in the Ubuntu group.

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

  11. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On 2007-12-31, chrisv claimed:

    >>> Strange then that he defends the astroturfers and trolls constantly
    >>> Strange then that he constantly attacks linux advocates, with
    >>> completely whacko "arguments" often enough

    >> He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    >> surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    > Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    > always wrong".
    >
    > Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    > one an ethical, credible person. Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes
    > right" and still be a contemptible and idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls
    > regularly demonstrate.

    It's even possible to be nearly always right and still be a ****stick.

    Not that I have an example from this group. But that's only because the
    Windolts spend all their time working to be as wrong as possible as
    often as possible.

    --
    When you become dead, you join a very large organization.

  12. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:02:02 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    >>> He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
    >>> surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

    >> Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    >> always wrong".
    >>
    >> Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    >> one an ethical, credible person.

    > Quite so.

    Quite so nothing.

    >> Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes right" and still be a contemptible and
    >> idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls regularly demonstrate.

    As does chriv every time he opens his mouth. Being a Linux advpcate
    doesn't automatically confer gracce or decency, unfortunately.

    > Trolls will sometimes post something that is correct, but it's only to try &
    > show they have some credibility. This is an attempt to try & fool newbies &
    > naive, gullible people like Kier.

    I am neither naive nor gullible. I am, however, honest, and not some idiot
    zealot who thinks being on the right side is more important than actually
    being right.

    > The troll will soon revert back to type, however, & the noobs who have
    > an ounce of sense will soon discover their ploy. You only need to see
    > how quickly Quack has been found out in the Ubuntu group.

    When have I ever defend Hadron? I am talking about Tim.

    --
    Kier

  13. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 21:08 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:54:55 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> They projected selling 200k by the end of the year, which had 2.5 months
    >>> left in it when they went on sale. They actually sold about 350k, in
    >>> just over 2 months, which would be 175k a month, so your number looks
    >>> like the right one.
    >>>
    >>> However, that will include a boost from launch month, and a boost from
    >>> Christmas sales, so they probably won't sustain that rate.

    >> Possibly. But it's an excellent start. I'd quite like an Asus myself. My
    >> brother said he'd seen one, and was fairly impressed. It's the sort of
    >> device you could carry about without too much bother, as it's so small and
    >> being solid state is less likely to be damaged by living in a bag or
    >> briefcase. The latest Linux Format mag reviewed it and gave it a general
    >> thumbs-up. But I just lashed out several hundred quid on a 32 inch telly,
    >> so it may have to wait a while :-) By then any quirks are likely to be
    >> ironed out, too.
    >>

    > The sales figures from Asus were limited by production capacity. If I recall
    > correctly, 5 million units were expected to sell next year. These forecasts
    > were changed and the numbers elevated significantly just before Xmas (I'll
    > fetch the references if you want). Asus insists that it can dominate 20% of
    > the laptops market and the Eee PC is bound to become its second most important
    > product. Vista won't run on the Eee PC any time soon (with reasonable
    > performance and real attraction).
    >
    > Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of this.
    > They will try very hard.

    Of course they will. That's why they post off-topic and anti-charter
    material here on a constant basis.

  14. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Linonut espoused:
    > * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    >> stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    >> trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    >> network isn't a security risk!).

    > Well, that seems to explain your mysterious soap-opera posting about P1,
    > P2, etc.

    Since wireless network keys are so easy to detect, it's hardly handing
    over anything significant, is it?

  15. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Kier writes:

    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:02:02 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Sheesh. Kier, once again, defending a scumbag troll with "he isn't
    >>> always wrong".
    >>>
    >>> Maybe someone should tell Kier that being "sometimes right" does not make
    >>> one an ethical, credible person.

    >> Quite so.

    > Quite so nothing.
    >

    >>> Indeed, one can easily be "sometimes right" and still be a contemptible and
    >>> idiotic asshole, as the Wintrolls regularly demonstrate.

    > As does chriv every time he opens his mouth. Being a Linux advpcate
    > doesn't automatically confer gracce or decency, unfortunately.
    >

    >> Trolls will sometimes post something that is correct, but it's only to try &
    >> show they have some credibility. This is an attempt to try & fool newbies &
    >> naive, gullible people like Kier.

    > I am neither naive nor gullible. I am, however, honest, and not some idiot
    > zealot who thinks being on the right side is more important than actually
    > being right.
    >
    >> The troll will soon revert back to type, however, & the noobs who have
    >> an ounce of sense will soon discover their ploy. You only need to see
    >> how quickly Quack has been found out in the Ubuntu group.

    > When have I ever defend Hadron? I am talking about Tim.

    You've defended me loads of times - because you know that when I'm not
    pulling chains I talk sense and not garbled rhetoric.

  16. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Kier on Sunday 30 December 2007 12:52 : \____
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:57:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 23:57 : \____

    >>> Kerala alone is the home of about 30 million people. Kerala will become a
    >>> GNU/Linux state.

    >> Perhaps, in time. Which would be nice.
    >>

    >>> That's just Kerala. It isn't even an entire country. Remember all those
    >>> Russian schools, Kier? How about those other nations where schools move to
    >>> GNU/Linux?

    >> Again, that's good. Did I ever say otherwise? But what's any of that got
    >> to do with that insufferable twit 7 replying to someone (me) he says he's
    >> plonked?

    > Yes, but blame the messenger, not the message.

    He's just trolling you, Roy. It won't matter what you say, he'll find
    something to argue with.

  17. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:36:56 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Kier on Sunday 30 December 2007 12:52 : \____

    >>> Perhaps, in time. Which would be nice.

    >>> Again, that's good. Did I ever say otherwise? But what's any of that got
    >>> to do with that insufferable twit 7 replying to someone (me) he says he's
    >>> plonked?

    >> Yes, but blame the messenger, not the message.
    >>

    > He's just trolling you, Roy. It won't matter what you say, he'll find
    > something to argue with.

    No I'm not, Mark. 7 is an idiot, and he devalues anything he says by the
    stupid, childish, babytalk way he says it. He also claimed to plonk me
    then replied to me.

    --
    Kier

  18. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Kier writes:

    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:36:56 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >

    >> He's just trolling you, Roy. It won't matter what you say, he'll find
    >> something to argue with.

    > No I'm not, Mark. 7 is an idiot, and he devalues anything he says by the
    > stupid, childish, babytalk way he says it. He also claimed to plonk me
    > then replied to me.

    Please don't feed the trolls and zealots Kier.

    Thank you.

  19. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > > Peter, when a person says something, and you say that person was wrong,
    > > you ARE saying something about the thing they were talking about.
    > >
    > > Hadron said something about WPA keys. You said he's wrong. That gives
    > > you a position on WPA keys.
    > >

    > So if Hadron Quark tells us that the sky is blue I should disagree?
    > Have you ever heard of "obvious"?
    >
    > Idiot

    If he says the sky is blue, you should either agree (because he's
    right), or not say anything. What you would do, though, if you did the
    same thing you did with WPA keys, is disagree, and then claim you have
    taken no position on the sky color.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:
    > Since wireless network keys are so easy to detect, it's hardly handing
    > over anything significant, is it?

    You are thinking of WEP keys.

    --
    --Tim Smith