Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux - Linux ; "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht news:1428188.S0hC0KJNSb@schestowitz.com... > ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 21:08 : \____ > >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:54:55 -0800, Tim Smith wrote: >> >>> In article , >>> Kier wrote: >>>> On Sat, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

  1. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    news:1428188.S0hC0KJNSb@schestowitz.com...
    > ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 21:08 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:54:55 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article ,
    >>> Kier wrote:
    >>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:44:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> > ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 17:40 : \____
    >>>> >
    >>>> >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>> >
    >>>> > It's a very reasonable estimate. Eee PCs alone sold about 200,000 per
    >>>> > month.
    >>>>
    >>>> I heard 175,000. Whichever it is, it's pretty good news, I agree. But 7
    >>>> has been saying this for ages without any evidence. When anyone asks,
    >>>> he
    >>>> just spews more babytalk.
    >>>
    >>> They projected selling 200k by the end of the year, which had 2.5 months
    >>> left in it when they went on sale. They actually sold about 350k, in
    >>> just over 2 months, which would be 175k a month, so your number looks
    >>> like the right one.
    >>>
    >>> However, that will include a boost from launch month, and a boost from
    >>> Christmas sales, so they probably won't sustain that rate.

    >>
    >> Possibly. But it's an excellent start. I'd quite like an Asus myself. My
    >> brother said he'd seen one, and was fairly impressed. It's the sort of
    >> device you could carry about without too much bother, as it's so small
    >> and
    >> being solid state is less likely to be damaged by living in a bag or
    >> briefcase. The latest Linux Format mag reviewed it and gave it a general
    >> thumbs-up. But I just lashed out several hundred quid on a 32 inch telly,
    >> so it may have to wait a while :-) By then any quirks are likely to be
    >> ironed out, too.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > The sales figures from Asus were limited by production capacity. If I
    > recall
    > correctly, 5 million units were expected to sell next year. These
    > forecasts
    > were changed and the numbers elevated significantly just before Xmas (I'll
    > fetch the references if you want). Asus insists that it can dominate 20%
    > of
    > the laptops market and the Eee PC is bound to become its second most
    > important
    > product. Vista won't run on the Eee PC any time soon (with reasonable
    > performance and real attraction).


    OS Platform Statistics: nov. 2007 - Linux 3.3%
    OS Platform Statistics: nov. 2006 - Linux 3.5%
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    Meet the Roy Schestowitz liar at:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...witz-liar.html

    >
    > Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of
    > this.
    > They will try very hard.
    >
    > --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
    > Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
    > Stalin.
    > Thanks for tuning in.
    >






























































  2. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:4EAdj.69887$c_1.57023@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:41:53 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:07:26 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> BOLLOCKS TO YOU ASSHOLE!
    >>>>
    >>>> Tut, tut. You shouldn't shout, I'm not deaf. I'm not an asshole,
    >>>> either.
    >>>
    >>> I can see you genuinely believe that!!!

    >>
    >> Naturally. Since I'm not an asshole.
    >>
    >>> May be you should seek second opinion?

    >>
    >> Nope.
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>> YOU WERE TOLD MANY TIMES TO TOTAL THE PRESS RELEASES FOR 2007!!!
    >>>>
    >>>> That isn't proof.
    >>>
    >>> Because?

    >>
    >> Because *you* have not shown it.

    >
    > You mean you can't read English!!!?
    >
    >
    >>>> *You* show the proof, and I'll quite happily believe it.
    >>>
    >>> You have read above?
    >> > Ditto.

    >
    > No you haven't. You just proved to be asshole
    > who has no plans to obtain a second opinion!
    >
    >
    >>>> But in English, not babytalk.
    >>>
    >>> That assumes you can read English which you can't because
    >>> everthing appears to you as babytalk?

    >>
    >> Not, it assumes you insist on talking in stupid baby language instead of
    >> proper English. If you stopped, you might be taken seriously.

    >
    > By you?
    >
    > *plonk!*
    >


    Your the luser here 7, Kier won this little battle, backup your claim with
    evidence and your off the hook!
    But you have a problem here: you have no proof!
    But your protected by (liar_spammer) Roy, so go suck his dick, you ****ing
    cry-baby! As always Roy doesn't provide *any* evidence either.
    LMFAO @ you, ya thickheaded linturd!
























































  3. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:53:16 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2007-12-29, Kier claimed:
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:44:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 17:40 : \____
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>>
    >>>> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>
    >>> It's a very reasonable estimate. Eee PCs alone sold about 200,000 per month.

    >>
    >> I heard 175,000. Whichever it is, it's pretty good news, I agree. But 7
    >> has been saying this for ages without any evidence. When anyone asks, he
    >> just spews more babytalk.
    >>
    >>> That's a number of /new/ Linux PCs you can't just sneeze at.

    >>
    >> But where have the rest come from? A million a month is a very large
    >> figure, after all, and it's best to be as accurate as possible, that way
    >> we can't be criticised for making things up.

    >
    > How many has gPC been selling? How many Ubuntu machines are being sold
    > by Dell? How many OLPCs are shipping? How many are individual locaal
    > shops, and vendors like MadTux, shipping?


    Obviously, it's very difficult to tell.

    >
    > Granted, the number might not approach a million a month it total. Or
    > it might surpass it. But there's no proof either way unless all of the
    > commercial interests are doing it.
    >
    > Not that I'm trying to support 7's idiocy, even if he does manage to
    > almost be as right as a stopped clock. It's just there are a lot being
    > shipped and/or sold outright.


    I don't doubt that. And it may well add up to a million or more, but he
    keeps throwing this figure around without showing where it came from,
    that's all. Showing some good solid evidence wherever there is any is much
    bbetter than just *saying* it. It's much harder for the nay-sayers to
    contradict.

    --
    Kier


  4. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Sinister Midget did eloquently scribble:
    > How many has gPC been selling? How many Ubuntu machines are being sold
    > by Dell? How many OLPCs are shipping? How many are individual locaal
    > shops, and vendors like MadTux, shipping?


    You forgot tescos.

    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    7 did eloquently scribble:
    >> Tut, tut. You shouldn't shout, I'm not deaf. I'm not an asshole, either.


    > I can see you genuinely believe that!!!
    > May be you should seek second opinion?


    I'll gladly give you a second opinion...
    Kier, you're not an arsehole.
    7 on the other hand... Well, arsehole is putting it mildly.
    Perhaps when he learns to speak english properly and stops trying to look
    like a complete and utter twat in every post.... Perhaps then he can shed
    that label.

    > That assumes you can read English which you can't because
    > everthing appears to you as babytalk?


    Everything you type IS babytalk whenever the subject of anything from
    redmond is concerned.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| I can SMELL!!! KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and |
    | in | get out the puncture repair kit!" |
    | Computer Science | Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    7 did eloquently scribble:
    > No you haven't. You just proved to be asshole
    > who has no plans to obtain a second opinion!


    Errr...
    No, he hasn't.
    He asked you to back up a statement you made with proof.
    Proof which has so far not been forthcoming.
    A statement without evidence is as worthless as your other babytalk crap.
    Utterly worthless, that is.

    Disagreement with you is not a good definition for the term "Arsehole".
    No matter how much you kick and scream and throw tantrums to the contrary.

    >> Not, it assumes you insist on talking in stupid baby language instead of
    >> proper English. If you stopped, you might be taken seriously.


    > By you?


    By anyone. NO-ONE, not the linux advocates, not the wintrolls... NO ONE
    takes a word you say seriously.

    Every one views your post with varying senses of derision because that is
    all they are worth.

    We've been through this at least half a dozen times.
    TALK IN ENGLISH! Give up your stupid infantile "pista" crap and start
    talking in ENGLISH! proper english.

    > *plonk!*


    Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Considering you'd already plonked him, you just spent the last thread
    arguing with someone supposedly in your killfile already.

    *plonk* means nothing. In fact, the actual act of informing someone you've
    killfiled them puts you into the awkward situation where replying to them
    again shows you up to be a lying little arsehole all over again.
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't |
    | in | suck is probably the day they start making |
    | Computer science | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:56:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > The sales figures from Asus were limited by production capacity. If I recall
    > correctly, 5 million units were expected to sell next year. These forecasts
    > were changed and the numbers elevated significantly just before Xmas (I'll
    > fetch the references if you want). Asus insists that it can dominate 20% of
    > the laptops market and the Eee PC is bound to become its second most important
    > product. Vista won't run on the Eee PC any time soon (with reasonable
    > performance and real attraction).
    >
    > Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of this.
    > They will try very hard.


    Why don't you stop calling him 'Timmy' and an MS apologist, when he's
    neither. And I haven't heard him denigrate the EeePC at all.

    --
    Kier


  8. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:57:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 23:57 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:22:51 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:42:32 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Kier wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:44:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 17:40 : \____
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> It's a very reasonable estimate. Eee PCs alone sold about 200,000 per
    >>>>>>> month.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I heard 175,000. Whichever it is, it's pretty good news, I agree. But 7
    >>>>>> has been saying this for ages without any evidence. When anyone asks, he
    >>>>>> just spews more babytalk.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> That's a number of /new/ Linux PCs you can't just sneeze at.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> But where have the rest come from? A million a month is a very large
    >>>>>> figure,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Because?
    >>>>
    >>>> Because it is, idiot.
    >>>
    >>> Says who?

    >>
    >> Weren't you supposed to have plonked me?

    >
    > Kerala alone is the home of about 30 million people. Kerala will become a
    > GNU/Linux state.


    Perhaps, in time. Which would be nice.

    >
    > That's just Kerala. It isn't even an entire country. Remember all those Russian
    > schools, Kier? How about those other nations where schools move to GNU/Linux?


    Again, that's good. Did I ever say otherwise? But what's any of that got
    to do with that insufferable twit 7 replying to someone (me) he says he's
    plonked?

    --
    Kier


  9. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Kier wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:56:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> The sales figures from Asus were limited by production capacity. If I
    >> recall correctly, 5 million units were expected to sell next year. These
    >> forecasts were changed and the numbers elevated significantly just before
    >> Xmas (I'll fetch the references if you want). Asus insists that it can
    >> dominate 20% of the laptops market and the Eee PC is bound to become its
    >> second most important product. Vista won't run on the Eee PC any time
    >> soon (with reasonable performance and real attraction).
    >>
    >> Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of
    >> this. They will try very hard.

    >
    > Why don't you stop calling him 'Timmy' and an MS apologist, when he's
    > neither.


    But he *is* a MS apologist

    > And I haven't heard him denigrate the EeePC at all.
    >


    Oh, he did not call Osama a hero, too
    --
    Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. The answer is NO


  10. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    schreef in bericht
    news:fcgk45-p3d.ln1@ridcully.ntlworld.com...
    >7 did eloquently scribble:
    >> No you haven't. You just proved to be asshole
    >> who has no plans to obtain a second opinion!

    >
    > Errr...
    > No, he hasn't.
    > He asked you to back up a statement you made with proof.
    > Proof which has so far not been forthcoming.
    > A statement without evidence is as worthless as your other babytalk crap.
    > Utterly worthless, that is.
    >
    > Disagreement with you is not a good definition for the term "Arsehole".
    > No matter how much you kick and scream and throw tantrums to the contrary.
    >
    >>> Not, it assumes you insist on talking in stupid baby language instead of
    >>> proper English. If you stopped, you might be taken seriously.

    >
    >> By you?

    >
    > By anyone. NO-ONE, not the linux advocates, not the wintrolls... NO ONE
    > takes a word you say seriously.
    >
    > Every one views your post with varying senses of derision because that is
    > all they are worth.
    >
    > We've been through this at least half a dozen times.
    > TALK IN ENGLISH! Give up your stupid infantile "pista" crap and start
    > talking in ENGLISH! proper english.
    >
    >> *plonk!*

    >
    > Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    > Considering you'd already plonked him, you just spent the last thread
    > arguing with someone supposedly in your killfile already.
    >
    > *plonk* means nothing. In fact, the actual act of informing someone you've
    > killfiled them puts you into the awkward situation where replying to them
    > again shows you up to be a lying little arsehole all over again.
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk |
    > |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day Microsoft makes something that
    > doesn't |
    > | in | suck is probably the day they start making
    > |
    > | Computer science | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge
    > |
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight, and you give up your stupid infantile sig, DON'T
    TALK ****!, you ****ing tasteless moron!

    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't in suck is probably the day
    they start making Computer science"






































  11. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    ____/ Kier on Sunday 30 December 2007 12:52 : \____

    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:57:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 23:57 : \____
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:22:51 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:42:32 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Kier wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:44:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 17:40 : \____
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> It's a very reasonable estimate. Eee PCs alone sold about 200,000 per
    >>>>>>>> month.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I heard 175,000. Whichever it is, it's pretty good news, I agree. But 7
    >>>>>>> has been saying this for ages without any evidence. When anyone asks,
    >>>>>>> he just spews more babytalk.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> That's a number of /new/ Linux PCs you can't just sneeze at.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> But where have the rest come from? A million a month is a very large
    >>>>>>> figure,
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Because?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Because it is, idiot.
    >>>>
    >>>> Says who?
    >>>
    >>> Weren't you supposed to have plonked me?

    >>
    >> Kerala alone is the home of about 30 million people. Kerala will become a
    >> GNU/Linux state.

    >
    > Perhaps, in time. Which would be nice.
    >
    >>
    >> That's just Kerala. It isn't even an entire country. Remember all those
    >> Russian schools, Kier? How about those other nations where schools move to
    >> GNU/Linux?

    >
    > Again, that's good. Did I ever say otherwise? But what's any of that got
    > to do with that insufferable twit 7 replying to someone (me) he says he's
    > plonked?


    Yes, but blame the messenger, not the message.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
    http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Tasks: 124 total, 1 running, 122 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie
    http://iuron.com - knowledge engine, not a search engine

  12. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:59:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Kier on Sunday 30 December 2007 12:52 : \____
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:57:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 23:57 : \____
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:22:51 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Net Nanny Kier wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:42:32 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Kier wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:44:21 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> ____/ Kier on Saturday 29 December 2007 17:40 : \____
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:28:55 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>> Linux is show shipping 1 million new desktops per month and selling
    >>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>> YOu still haven't shown any proof of this.
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> It's a very reasonable estimate. Eee PCs alone sold about 200,000 per
    >>>>>>>>> month.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> I heard 175,000. Whichever it is, it's pretty good news, I agree. But 7
    >>>>>>>> has been saying this for ages without any evidence. When anyone asks,
    >>>>>>>> he just spews more babytalk.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> That's a number of /new/ Linux PCs you can't just sneeze at.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> But where have the rest come from? A million a month is a very large
    >>>>>>>> figure,
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Because?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Because it is, idiot.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Says who?
    >>>>
    >>>> Weren't you supposed to have plonked me?
    >>>
    >>> Kerala alone is the home of about 30 million people. Kerala will become a
    >>> GNU/Linux state.

    >>
    >> Perhaps, in time. Which would be nice.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> That's just Kerala. It isn't even an entire country. Remember all those
    >>> Russian schools, Kier? How about those other nations where schools move to
    >>> GNU/Linux?

    >>
    >> Again, that's good. Did I ever say otherwise? But what's any of that got
    >> to do with that insufferable twit 7 replying to someone (me) he says he's
    >> plonked?

    >
    > Yes, but blame the messenger, not the message.


    The trouble is, 7 discredits any message he carries. I would have far more
    respect for him if he dropped the stupid babytalk crap and advocated like
    a normal, sane person. Until then, he has no chance.

    --
    Kier


  13. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Kier wrote:
    > >>> Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of
    > >>> this. They will try very hard.
    > >>
    > >> Why don't you stop calling him 'Timmy' and an MS apologist, when he's
    > >> neither.

    > >
    > > But he *is* a MS apologist

    >
    > I don't think he is. Just not fervently anti-MS.


    Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    network isn't a security risk!).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  14. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Tell Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" that. *He* is trying to imply those
    > things about me in the ubuntu group, feverishly defending Hadron
    > Quark


    Here's what actually happened in the Ubuntu group.

    1. Someone made a very silly statement about publishing WPA keys.

    2. Several people, including Hadron, said that this is a security risk.

    3. Someone agreed with Hadron.

    4. Peter appears, and starts insulting the person from #3, calling them
    an idiot or windiot or something like that, because they agreed with
    Hadron.

    5. I pointed out that Hadron was right in this case.

    6. Peter says that Hadron is *NEVER* right.

    Note the position that puts Peter in. If Hadron is NEVER right, and
    Hadron says that posting a WPA key is a security risk, then Peter's
    position (if he is going to try to maintain the facade that he's not
    just trolling there) must be that posting a WPA key is not a security
    risk.

    7. I ask him about this, but he goes into massive evade mode, saying
    that since he never mentioned WPA keys in his post, he's not going to
    talk about them.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  15. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:59:50 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Kier wrote:
    >> >>> Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of
    >> >>> this. They will try very hard.
    >> >>
    >> >> Why don't you stop calling him 'Timmy' and an MS apologist, when he's
    >> >> neither.
    >> >
    >> > But he *is* a MS apologist

    >>
    >> I don't think he is. Just not fervently anti-MS.

    >
    > Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    > stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    > trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    > network isn't a security risk!).


    It may not a be a *huge* risk, but it certainly is one. I wouldn't wish to
    take it, just in case.

    --
    Kier


  16. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:14:11 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> Tell Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" that. *He* is trying to imply those
    >> things about me in the ubuntu group, feverishly defending Hadron
    >> Quark

    >
    > Here's what actually happened in the Ubuntu group.
    >
    > 1. Someone made a very silly statement about publishing WPA keys.
    >
    > 2. Several people, including Hadron, said that this is a security risk.
    >
    > 3. Someone agreed with Hadron.
    >
    > 4. Peter appears, and starts insulting the person from #3, calling them
    > an idiot or windiot or something like that, because they agreed with
    > Hadron.
    >
    > 5. I pointed out that Hadron was right in this case.
    >
    > 6. Peter says that Hadron is *NEVER* right.
    >
    > Note the position that puts Peter in. If Hadron is NEVER right, and
    > Hadron says that posting a WPA key is a security risk, then Peter's
    > position (if he is going to try to maintain the facade that he's not
    > just trolling there) must be that posting a WPA key is not a security
    > risk.
    >
    > 7. I ask him about this, but he goes into massive evade mode, saying
    > that since he never mentioned WPA keys in his post, he's not going to
    > talk about them.


    Then he's been a bloody fool.

    --
    Kier


  17. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

    > Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    > stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    > trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    > network isn't a security risk!).


    Well, that seems to explain your mysterious soap-opera posting about P1,
    P2, etc.

    --
    Tux rox!

  18. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > > Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    > > stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    > > trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    > > network isn't a security risk!).

    >
    > Well, that seems to explain your mysterious soap-opera posting about P1,
    > P2, etc.


    Yup. I wanted to see if I was overlooking something obvious, and
    publishing keys is no big deal. Even with Peter's propensity to prefer
    taking a position he knows is wrong over being on the same side as
    Hadron (or Erik), this one seemed far out.


    --
    --Tim Smith

  19. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:58:59 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Peter's upset because I caught him in another group being unusually
    >> stupid, even for usenet, and pointed it out there, thus interrupting his
    >> trolling. (According to Peter, publishing the key to your wireless
    >> network isn't a security risk!).

    >
    > Well, that seems to explain your mysterious soap-opera posting about P1,
    > P2, etc.


    Kind of. Reckon he's right, though. It's foolish to post details like
    that. It may not seem that dangerous, here on Usenet - but would you post
    your credit card PIN? There's always a chance someone will pick up on it.
    Better safe than sorry, IMO

    --
    Kier


  20. Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

    Kier wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:14:11 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>> Tell Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" that. *He* is trying to imply those
    >>> things about me in the ubuntu group, feverishly defending Hadron
    >>> Quark

    >>
    >> Here's what actually happened in the Ubuntu group.
    >>
    >> 1. Someone made a very silly statement about publishing WPA keys.
    >>
    >> 2. Several people, including Hadron, said that this is a security risk.
    >>
    >> 3. Someone agreed with Hadron.
    >>
    >> 4. Peter appears, and starts insulting the person from #3, calling them
    >> an idiot or windiot or something like that, because they agreed with
    >> Hadron.
    >>
    >> 5. I pointed out that Hadron was right in this case.
    >>
    >> 6. Peter says that Hadron is *NEVER* right.
    >>
    >> Note the position that puts Peter in. If Hadron is NEVER right, and
    >> Hadron says that posting a WPA key is a security risk, then Peter's
    >> position (if he is going to try to maintain the facade that he's not
    >> just trolling there) must be that posting a WPA key is not a security
    >> risk.
    >>
    >> 7. I ask him about this, but he goes into massive evade mode, saying
    >> that since he never mentioned WPA keys in his post, he's not going to
    >> talk about them.

    >
    > Then he's been a bloody fool.
    >


    Fine Kier, fine

    So since I never mentioned WPA keys in any post, I agree that one can
    publish them

    Idiot
    --
    Windows: Because everyone needs a good laugh!


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast