Hacao Classmate PC lands in Vietnam

,----[ Quote ]
| With a 7” screen, its own version of Linux, 1GB of flash storage, a 900MHz
| processor and 256MB of RAM it has landed in Vietnam for the low, low price of
| $250, if you are a student. The screen has an 800×480 resolution and the
| system has a 400MHz bus, I also left out the 802.11b/g WiFi that is stuffed
| in there somewhere.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/hacao-class...nam-289244.php

Quote for the day:

"Don’t encourage new, cross-platform Java classes, especially don’t help get
great Win 32 implementations written/deployed. [...] Do encourage
fragmentation of the Java classlib space."

--Ben Slivka, Microsoft

Recent:

Ministry encourages open source software

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ministry of Information and Communications has recommended state agencies
| use four open source software products - Open Office, Thunderbird, Firefox
| and Unikey. *
`----

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/tech/2007/12/761476/

Hacao Classmate PC avaiable ! [and Vietnam grows on OpenOffice.org]

,----[ Quote ]
| Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
|
| Hot news from Vietnam here...
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/22928

Students using PCLinuxOS in Vietnam

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, I decided to test PCLinuxOS with my students. Wow, amazing. Finally
| a Linux distro that the majority of my students actually liked using. It ran
| faster than any of the other Linux distros they tried and easily connected to
| the internet from inside the school (they like to read Yahoo 360 blogs in
| class). They figured out how to use Konquerer to browse around the different
| directories in their laptops without me even telling them. As with Macbooks,
| the Desktop GUI was easy to learn. Thus, I decided to use PCLinuxOS. * * *
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/?p=516

Intel's OLPC-killer heads for Vietnamese retailers

,----[ Quote ]
| The "Hacao Classmate PC" is based on Intel's Classmate PC design, and will
| come pre-installed with Hacao Linux, a Vietnamese-language Linux distribution
| based on Puppy Linux. *
`---- * * *^^^^^^^^^^^

Vietsoftware join forces with Asianux

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/tech/2007/07/724393/

Hacao Linux 2.16 Professional released

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17481#comment-5619

Sun shares its technology with Vietnam's open source community

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/tech/2007/05/699418/

State [Vietnam] promotes use of shareware

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/s...um=02BUS140507

Vietnam gives priority to open source software

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/tech/2007/04/686282/

Open-source software offers affordable option

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/s...um=02BUS220107