Free software in Polish schools

,----[ Quote ]
| Thousands of Polish high school students now have a chance to learn about
| GNU/Linux and the benefits of using free software as Polish FLOSS foundation
| together with school headmasters, supported by local authorities organize a
| series of lectures on free software in education. PolishLinux.org has a
| report — summary of the first 3 months of the campaign.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/free-so...olish-schools/

Related:

Polish KDE Community Announces KDE.org.pl Web Site

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE.org.pl has been established with a small editorial staff, an
| extension of the "KDE Press Team PL" established earlier this year
| to improve communications and contact between KDE and the Polishm
| edia. Everyone is invited to join.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1179085340/

ODF Alliance Hails Brazil, India, Italy, and Poland for Recognizing
OpenDocument Format

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenDocument Format Alliance (ODF Alliance), a broad
| cross-section of organizations, academia and industry dedicated
| to improving access to electronic government documents, today
| applauded Brazil's decision to recommend ODF as the government's
| preferred format; India's decision to use ODF at a major state
| government agency; and Italy's decision to recognize ODF as
| national standard.
|
| The Alliance also recognized Poland, too, for demonstrating serious
| interest in adopting ODF in the wake of a national meeting held for
| its government with broad participants from industry and non-profit
| agencies.
`----

http://www5.sys-con.com/read/306120_p.htm

Polish National Interoperability Framework promotes Open Standards

,----[ Quote ]
| This basically means that Microsoft’s Office Open XML will not be
| treated as open standard, thus not preferred in Polish e-Government
| services, making OpenDocument Format the office standard of choice.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/gnu/polish-na...pen-standards/

Poland against OOXML? [Microsoft later corrupted the country through top
officials]

,----[ Quote ]
| Polish Technical Committee no 171 has just voted 80% against the adoption
| OOXML as an ISO standard [PL].
`----

http://polishlinux.org/poland/poland-against-ooxml/

Poland votes yes on OOXML