EMC Buys Document Sciences for $85 Million

,----[ Quote ]
| Storage company EMC has agreed to buy Document Sciences, a developer of
| software for personalizing mailshots and other communications. The
| acquisition will allow EMC to extend its offering in the field of
| transactional content management, which it sees as the fastest-growing part
| of the enterprise content management market. It plans to incorporate Document
| Sciences into its content management and archiving division.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/idg/IDG_00257...ref=technology

Quote for the day:

"I actually think tying the payment to their shipping IE is a great idea,
though I would not do this formally."

--Cameron Myhrvold, Microsoft

Related:

EMC exec targets open source for sustainable innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| That was the message at this week's Red Herring East conference in Boston
| from EMC executive vice-president and chief development officer, Mark
| Lewis, during an interview about the vendor's product direction.
|
| [...]
|
| EMC expected the concept of software appliances, or virtual machines
| that run on various platforms, would gain momentum through this effort,
| Lewis said.
`----

EMC and Oracle buckle up for joint integration ride

,----[ Quote ]
| EMC Corporation and Oracle have announced a broadened investment in joint
| engineering testing and integration and solutions development to support
| customers who are deploying EMC Information Infrastructure in Oracle
| environments. *
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07...e_partnership/

EMC, Oracle Announce EMC Information Infrastructure for Oracle

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itnewsonline.com/showstor...tid=8&contid=3

`----