[News] Memo to Weisgerber: You Know Nothing About Linux, So... - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Memo to Weisgerber: You Know Nothing About Linux, So... - Linux ; People Who’ve Never Run Linux Shouldn’t Write About Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Somehow, even though people get the idea that specialized fields require some | experience in that field before you can say anything intelligent about it... `---- http://www.askreamaor.com/linux-and-...e-about-linux/ ...

  1. [News] Memo to Weisgerber: You Know Nothing About Linux, So...

    People Who’ve Never Run Linux Shouldn’t Write About Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Somehow, even though people get the idea that specialized fields require some
    | experience in that field before you can say anything intelligent about it...
    `----

    http://www.askreamaor.com/linux-and-...e-about-linux/

    Quote for the day:

    "The government is trying to get extra witnesses by putting Bill’s [videotaped]
    deposition on."

    --Jim Cullinan

    Related:

    Adverjournalism: The Role of Ad Dollars In Journalism

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It should come as no surprise that just about every gaming forum on the
    | internet is ablaze right now following the news of GameSpot’s termination of
    | long-time editor, Jeff Gerstmann. This article, however, is not an exposé or
    | look into what really happened at GameSpot this week. Rather, consider this a
    | look at the direction of gaming journalism, advertising, and how this all
    | plays a role in the content you read. * *
    `----

    http://www.gamer20.com/features/297/1

    [Microsoft keeps dossiers]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
    | against me when I write a story about Microsoft."
    |
    | "there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
    | the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
    | for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
    | story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
    | and suggested good answers."
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/..._about_me.html

  2. Re: [News] Memo to Weisgerber: You Know Nothing About Linux, So...

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > People Who?ve Never Run Linux Shouldn?t Write About Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Somehow, even though people get the idea that specialized fields require
    > | some experience in that field before you can say anything intelligent
    > | about it...

    Yeah spliffing alone can now make up for any deficiency in knowledge.
    Thats the asstroturfer motto today.

    It used to be that being a web monkey was enough
    but when you plonk some facts down in a rebuke, it gets too
    confusing for webmonkeys because they have to now think
    to reply. Spliffing is a great alternative to skipping
    reality altogether.

    > http://www.askreamaor.com/linux-and-unix

    people-whove-never-run-linux-shouldnt-write-about-linux/

  3. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"

    Try taking your own advice for a change.

  4. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    ____/ Dusty Hendrix on Friday 28 December 2007 16:39 : \____

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >
    > -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
    >
    > Try taking your own advice for a change.

    Hey, Scott Douglas (or is it "PEDRO LITTLE" this time?). I know enough about
    Windows, thank you. There's not even much to know because the platform is all
    about monoculture and limitation.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
    run-level 2 2007-12-10 11:12 last=

  5. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    > ____/ Dusty Hendrix on Friday 28 December 2007 16:39 : \____
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
    >>
    >> Try taking your own advice for a change.

    > Hey, Scott Douglas (or is it "PEDRO LITTLE" this time?). I know enough
    > about
    > Windows, thank you.

    You don't know ****. In this recent digg post of yours you are retarded
    enough to think that a BIOS startup error is a Vista error message. Do tell
    me again how you "know enough" because from what I've seen you have a hard
    time telling your ass from your elbow when it comes to computers.

    http://www.digg.com/microsoft/Your_P...145_Characters
    -24 diggs by schestowitz on 08/21/2007

    This is as brilliant as this new screenshot from Vista (seriously):
    http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/4755/1002398ii4.jpg

    > There's not even much to know because the platform is all
    > about monoculture and limitation.

    You can start by learning to tell the difference between the OS and the
    BIOS. Once you figure that out get back to me.

    > --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
    > http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > run-level 2 2007-12-10 11:12 last=
    > http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine

  6. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    Dusty Hendrix espoused:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> ____/ Dusty Hendrix on Friday 28 December 2007 16:39 : \____
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
    >>>
    >>> Try taking your own advice for a change.

    >> Hey, Scott Douglas (or is it "PEDRO LITTLE" this time?). I know enough
    >> about
    >> Windows, thank you.

    > You don't know ****.

    Your abuse, Scott, is dreadful. Why don't you post under your real
    name?

    > In this recent digg post of yours you are retarded
    > enough to think that a BIOS startup error is a Vista error message.

    Umm, so someone made a mistake? So what.

  7. Re: Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    On Dec 28, 11:39 am, "Dusty Hendrix" wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > > People Who've Never Run Linux Shouldn't Write About Linux

    > -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
    >
    > Try taking your own advice for a change.

    I think Roy has used Windows. It's not hard to run Windows, all you
    have to go to almost any retail store, and you can take Windows for a
    "Test Drive".

    Taking Linux for a "Test Drive" is a bit more of a challenge. You
    need to buy a bootable CD-ROM or DVD from a book store or magazine
    store, then you have to have a thumb drive, and then you have to take
    both to a retailer and inconspicuously insert the DVD and thumb drive
    and reboot the PC, telling it to boot from the CD or DVD.

    About 3 out of 4 of the PCs on display will have no trouble running
    Linux, usually the ones with AMD Turion 64 X2 multicore chips.
    Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing in advance which PCs will
    run Linux well, and which ones will puke on your screen.

    > --

  8. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 December 2007 13:54 : \____

    > Dusty Hendrix espoused:
    >>
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> ____/ Dusty Hendrix on Friday 28 December 2007 16:39 : \____

    >>> Hey, Scott Douglas (or is it "PEDRO LITTLE" this time?). I know enough
    >>> about
    >>> Windows, thank you.

    >> You don't know ****.

    > Your abuse, Scott, is dreadful. Why don't you post under your real
    > name?
    >
    >> In this recent digg post of yours you are retarded
    >> enough to think that a BIOS startup error is a Vista error message.

    > Umm, so someone made a mistake? So what.

    As I explained back then, this photo was originally posted along with a
    description saying something like "this is Vista". That was /before/ it
    reached Digg.

    Only a fool would interpret this without the needed context.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
    Cpu(s): 25.0%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.9%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  9. Re: Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    In article
    ,
    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 11:39 am, "Dusty Hendrix" wrote:
    > > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > > > People Who've Never Run Linux Shouldn't Write About Linux

    > > -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
    > >
    > > Try taking your own advice for a change.

    > I think Roy has used Windows. It's not hard to run Windows, all you
    > have to go to almost any retail store, and you can take Windows for a
    > "Test Drive".

    Yes, he's stated that he's used Windows 98, and claimed that's the last.
    That claim is consistent with his posts--I recall one where he posted a
    comment slamming some feature or lack thereof in Notepad, and Win98 was
    the last version of Notepad that was open to that particular criticism.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 December 2007 13:54 : \____
    >
    >> Dusty Hendrix espoused:
    >>>
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> You don't know ****.

    >> Your abuse, Scott, is dreadful. Why don't you post under your real
    >> name?
    >>
    >>> In this recent digg post of yours you are retarded
    >>> enough to think that a BIOS startup error is a Vista error message.

    >> Umm, so someone made a mistake? So what.

    > As I explained back then, this photo was originally posted along with a
    > description saying something like "this is Vista". That was /before/ it
    > reached Digg.
    >
    > Only a fool would interpret this without the needed context.

    He does clutch at straws. I hope he's paid enough to make this
    worthwhile.

  11. Re: Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Yes, he's stated that he's used Windows 98, and claimed that's the

    last.
    > That claim is consistent with his posts--I recall one where he posted a

    His claim is not consistent with his CV.

    Programming Languages: C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Pascal, PHP,
    Prolog, ML, RISC ASM.
    Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux (most variants), Windows
    3x/95/98/2000/ME/NT/XP, Mac OS 9/10+, DOS, Palm OS.

  12. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    Dusty Hendrix wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >> Hey, Scott Douglas (or is it "PEDRO LITTLE" this time?). I know
    >> enough about Windows, thank you.

    Why is Windows and VB even on your resume, you extreme Linux/OSS hypocrite?

    > You don't know ****. In this recent digg post of yours you are
    > retarded enough to think that a BIOS startup error is a Vista error
    > message.

    Another cola lamer ("jim") swore up and down that Windows threw the BIOS
    error "No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue."

  13. Re: [News] Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    "Mark Kent" wrote in message
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 December 2007 13:54 : \____
    >>
    >>> Dusty Hendrix espoused:

    >>> Your abuse, Scott, is dreadful. Why don't you post under your real
    >>> name?

    >>> Umm, so someone made a mistake? So what.

    >> As I explained back then, this photo was originally posted along with a
    >> description saying something like "this is Vista". That was /before/ it
    >> reached Digg.
    >>
    >> Only a fool would interpret this without the needed context.
    >>

    > He does clutch at straws. I hope he's paid enough to make this
    > worthwhile.

    I get paid well enough. But I don't get a cent to post here. Unlike your
    boi Schestowitz who gets paid to make hundreds of bull**** posts every
    month.

    >>> Umm, so someone made a mistake? So what.

    It's not a mistake. It's a huge blunder that shows just what a clueless
    idiot he is.

  14. Re: Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

    "SW" wrote in message
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >

    > > Yes, he's stated that he's used Windows 98, and claimed that's the

    > last.
    > > That claim is consistent with his posts--I recall one where he posted a

    > His claim is not consistent with his CV.

    That's because Roy Schestowitz is a liar and has been caught in a lie.

    In COLA he posts how he has no use for Windows and hasn't used it since
    Windows-98.

    But when it comes to getting employment he claims he's current with all of
    the latest Microsoft software and OS's.

    And speaking of jobs.... My bet is that this loser will never get a real
    job. Any employer that does a quick Google search for this idiot will see
    what a unstable mental case he is.