Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products? - Linux

This is a discussion on Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products? - Linux ; -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds This holiday, the press is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the Amazon (AMZN) website and the transcendent experience of shopping at an Apple store. Perhaps all of those ...

  1. Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds
    This holiday, the press is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the
    Amazon (AMZN) website and the transcendent experience of shopping at an
    Apple store. Perhaps all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or
    maybe Wall St. has just fallen in love with the stock.

    Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded just
    above $50."

    http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

  2. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislikepropreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:25:08 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    > -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds This holiday, the press
    > is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the Amazon (AMZN) website
    > and the transcendent experience of shopping at an Apple store. Perhaps
    > all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or maybe Wall St.
    > has just fallen in love with the stock.
    >
    > Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded
    > just above $50."
    >

    > http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

    why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:25:08 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >
    >> -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds This holiday, the press
    >> is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the Amazon (AMZN) website
    >> and the transcendent experience of shopping at an Apple store. Perhaps
    >> all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or maybe Wall St.
    >> has just fallen in love with the stock.
    >>
    >> Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded
    >> just above $50."
    >>

    >> http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

    > why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    For the same reason that the liar Schestowitz makes posts about Microsoft
    stock price. Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the rest of the world are all
    "rivals" out to get linux.

  4. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislikepropreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:02:02 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:25:08 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >>
    >>> -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds This holiday, the
    >>> press is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the Amazon (AMZN)
    >>> website and the transcendent experience of shopping at an Apple store.
    >>> Perhaps all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or maybe
    >>> Wall St. has just fallen in love with the stock.
    >>>
    >>> Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded
    >>> just above $50."
    >>>

    >>> http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

    >> why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    > For the same reason that the liar Schestowitz makes posts about
    > Microsoft stock price. Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the rest of the world
    > are all "rivals" out to get linux.

    What a load of crap. If you want to do stock comparisons, for some
    reason, at least compare stock prices, and do it in an appropriate place.

    BTW, whose puppet are you?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:02:02 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    >> For the same reason that the liar Schestowitz makes posts about
    >> Microsoft stock price. Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the rest of the world
    >> are all "rivals" out to get linux.

    > What a load of crap. If you want to do stock comparisons, for some
    > reason, at least compare stock prices, and do it in an appropriate place.

    You know what douche-bag.... I don't have to justify my posts to anyone. And
    especially not to some dishonest hypocrite like you. I will post what I want
    and when I want. If you don't like it then too ****ing bad. Now run along
    and start slurping up to Schestowitz like the good little ass-wipe that you
    are.

    > BTW, whose puppet are you?

  6. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislikepropreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:01 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:02:02 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> For the same reason that the liar Schestowitz makes posts about
    >>> Microsoft stock price. Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the rest of the
    >>> world are all "rivals" out to get linux.

    >> What a load of crap. If you want to do stock comparisons, for some
    >> reason, at least compare stock prices, and do it in an appropriate
    >> place.

    > You know what douche-bag.... I don't have to justify my posts to anyone.

    No one said you did.

    > And especially not to some dishonest hypocrite like you.

    .... now you are showing you are a liar.

    > I will post what I want and when I want.

    Yes, we know. It seems you are the type of anti-social person that
    doesn't care about rules or etiquette. You go where you please, do what
    you want, regardless of whether you are wanted or not.

    > If you don't like it then too ****ing bad.
    > Now run along and start slurping up to Schestowitz like the good little
    > ass-wipe that you are.
    >
    >> BTW, whose puppet are you?

    .... so, you won't own up to it, will you?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:01 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> What a load of crap. If you want to do stock comparisons, for some
    >>> reason, at least compare stock prices, and do it in an appropriate
    >>> place.

    >> You know what douche-bag.... I don't have to justify my posts to anyone.

    > No one said you did.

    Then why are you questioning my posts?

    >> And especially not to some dishonest hypocrite like you.

    > ... now you are showing you are a liar.

    So you are claiming that you are *not* a hypocrite? Good. Do show me where
    you question the validity of any of the many dozens of posts that your boi
    Schestowitz makes about Microsoft, Apple, Zune, iPod, etc. Oh wait... it's
    okay for your boi Schestowitz to make all the posts he wants about anyone he
    wants. But if someone else makes one or two posts about Apple then poor
    little Rick gets all upset over it.

    >> I will post what I want and when I want.

    > Yes, we know. It seems you are the type of anti-social person that
    > doesn't care about rules or etiquette. You go where you please, do what
    > you want, regardless of whether you are wanted or not.

    And we know that you are a hypocrite who looks the other way when
    Schestowitz posts about Apple, Microsoft, Zune, iPod, Intel, SCO, etc. but
    gets his pink panties all bunched up if someone else makes an identical
    post.

    >> If you don't like it then too ****ing bad.
    >> Now run along and start slurping up to Schestowitz like the good little
    >> ass-wipe that you are.
    >>
    >>> BTW, whose puppet are you?

    > ... so, you won't own up to it, will you?

    I am who I am. Who's slurping butt-boi are you?

  8. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:02:02 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    >"Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:25:08 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >>
    >>> -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds This holiday, the press
    >>> is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the Amazon (AMZN) website
    >>> and the transcendent experience of shopping at an Apple store. Perhaps
    >>> all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or maybe Wall St.
    >>> has just fallen in love with the stock.
    >>>
    >>> Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded
    >>> just above $50."
    >>>

    >>> http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

    >> why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    >For the same reason that the liar Schestowitz makes posts about Microsoft
    >stock price. Apple, Microsoft, Intel and the rest of the world are all
    >"rivals" out to get linux.

    Now I know you're a microsoft shill.

  9. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislikepropreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:51:44 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:01 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> You know what douche-bag.... I don't have to justify my posts to
    >>> anyone.

    >> No one said you did.

    > Then why are you questioning my posts?

    .... because I can. And maybe, just maybe, you didn't know the purpose of
    the group.

    >>> And especially not to some dishonest hypocrite like you.

    >> ... now you are showing you are a liar.

    > So you are claiming that you are *not* a hypocrite? Good. Do show me
    > where you question the validity of any of the many dozens of posts that
    > your boi Schestowitz makes about Microsoft, Apple, Zune, iPod, etc. Oh
    > wait... it's okay for your boi Schestowitz to make all the posts he
    > wants about anyone he wants. But if someone else makes one or two posts
    > about Apple then poor little Rick gets all upset over it.

    For one thing, I am noone's "boi". The fact that you think so makes me
    think you want to be someone's boi rather badly.

    For another, the majority of Roy's post seem to be on topic to me. None
    of your do.

    And for another, I am neither little, nor poor.

    >>> I will post what I want and when I want.

    >> Yes, we know. It seems you are the type of anti-social person that
    >> doesn't care about rules or etiquette. You go where you please, do what
    >> you want, regardless of whether you are wanted or not.

    > And we know that you are a hypocrite

    We know that you are a liar.

    > who looks the other way when
    > Schestowitz posts about Apple, Microsoft, Zune, iPod, Intel, SCO, etc.
    > but gets his pink panties all bunched up if someone else makes an
    > identical post.
    >

    >>> If you don't like it then too ****ing bad. Now run along and start
    >>> slurping up to Schestowitz like the good little ass-wipe that you are.

    >> ... so, you won't own up to it, will you?

    > I am who I am. Who's slurping butt-boi are you?

    .... and that says a lot about you.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:50:35 -0000, Rick wrote:
    >On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:51:44 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:

    >> Then why are you questioning my posts?

    >... because I can. And maybe, just maybe, you didn't know the purpose of
    >the group.

    Please quit feeding the troll.

  11. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:51:44 -0500, PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> No one said you did.

    >> Then why are you questioning my posts?

    > ... because I can. And maybe, just maybe, you didn't know the purpose of
    > the group.

    Pot... kettle... black.

    >>> ... now you are showing you are a liar.

    >> So you are claiming that you are *not* a hypocrite? Good. Do show me
    >> where you question the validity of any of the many dozens of posts that
    >> your boi Schestowitz makes about Microsoft, Apple, Zune, iPod, etc. Oh
    >> wait... it's okay for your boi Schestowitz to make all the posts he
    >> wants about anyone he wants. But if someone else makes one or two posts
    >> about Apple then poor little Rick gets all upset over it.

    > For one thing, I am noone's "boi". The fact that you think so makes me
    > think you want to be someone's boi rather badly.

    You are definitely a boi. Because you certainly aren't a man.

    > For another, the majority of Roy's post seem to be on topic to me. None
    > of your do.

    Like I said. You're a hypocrite. When your boi Schestowitz posts about the
    stock price of Apple, Microsoft or SCO it's all okay with you and completely
    on-topic. But if anyone else posts something about the stock price of Apple
    then suddenly it is no longer on topic.

    Once again... you are a hypocrite, boi.

    > And for another, I am neither little, nor poor.

    You are a poor little hypocrite. boi.

    >>> Yes, we know. It seems you are the type of anti-social person that
    >>> doesn't care about rules or etiquette. You go where you please, do what
    >>> you want, regardless of whether you are wanted or not.

    >> And we know that you are a hypocrite

    > We know that you are a liar.

    I just proved you to be a hypocrite, boi.

    >> who looks the other way when
    >> Schestowitz posts about Apple, Microsoft, Zune, iPod, Intel, SCO, etc.
    >> but gets his pink panties all bunched up if someone else makes an
    >> identical post.

    >>> ... so, you won't own up to it, will you?

    >> I am who I am. Who's slurping butt-boi are you?

    > ... and that says a lot about you.

    At least I'm not an ass-kissing hypocrite who looks the other way when
    anyone else makes a post about a companies stock price.

  12. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    Appil Computer Asstroturfer PEDRO LITTLE wrote on behalf of Appil
    Corporation:

    > -- "A

    Are you sure appil corporation executives are not buying
    appil shares trying to prop it up?

  13. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    "7" wrote in message
    news:BAScj.68814$c_1.7374@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    > Appil Computer Asstroturfer PEDRO LITTLE wrote on behalf of Appil
    > Corporation:
    >

    >> -- "A

    > Are you sure appil corporation executives are not buying
    > appil shares trying to prop it up?

    No. This is *NOT* IBM where the company BORROWED BILLIONS of dollars to
    artificially prop up it's stock price.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/te...rssnyt&emc=rss

    I.B.M. Borrows $11.5 Billion to Buy Back Stock
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: May 30, 2007
    I.B.M. disclosed yesterday that it was taking on $11.5 billion in debt to
    finance an acceleration of its stock repurchase plan, which the company
    believes is one of the largest such steps ever.

  14. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitary products?

    In article <13n7ffgjplroa9e@news.supernews.com>, Rick
    wrote:

    > why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    Because several times "advocates" have used downward movement of Apple
    stock as part of their argument that Apple is going to die, which is
    (apparently) supposed to be some kind of pro-Linux argument.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  15. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislikepropreitary products?

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:51:59 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <13n7ffgjplroa9e@news.supernews.com>, Rick
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> why do we care what Apple stock costs?

    > Because several times "advocates" have used downward movement of Apple
    > stock as part of their argument that Apple is going to die, which is
    > (apparently) supposed to be some kind of pro-Linux argument.

    Lousy excuse. Those downward moves of Apple stock haven't meant Apple was
    going to die. And that wouldn't have been "pro-Linux". In fact, it would
    have been "anti-FOSS" or/or "anti-Linux", since Apple submits so much to
    FOSS.

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: Apple stock breaks $200 - Do consumers really dislike propreitaryproducts?

    On Dec 27, 9:25 am, "PEDRO LITTLE" wrote:
    > -- "Apple (AAPL) At $200: The Madness Of Crowds
    > This holiday, the press is replete with stories of sales of Macs on the
    > Amazon (AMZN) website and the transcendent experience of shopping at an
    > Apple store. Perhaps all of those consumers also bought a share of Apple, or
    > maybe Wall St. has just fallen in love with the stock.
    >
    > Yesterday, the shares moved above $200. Twenty months ago, they traded just
    > above $50."

    Looks like it hit almost 204 this morning, before the assassination.

    Apple is doing very well, and Vista is doing very poorly. Lots of
    people got Vista PCs for Christmas, that they will be returning for
    Macs. Macs are selling for as much as $2400 each, while Vista
    machines that used to sell for $1500 are now selling for $400.

    You know Apple's got to be making huge profits, and they seem to have
    gotten a bunch of the bugs out of Leopard very quickly. If capacity
    has improved, they might have even bigger profits this quarter.

    > http://www.247wallst.com/2007/12/apple-aapl-at-2.html

+ Reply to Thread