Compiz Fusion Community News for December 27th, 2007: Late (Insert Festive
Season Holiday Name Here) Present

,----[ Quote ]
| Shelf Plugin
|
| The Shelf plugin by Kristian Lyngstol allows you to visually scale down your
| windows for a monitor style size, whilst being able to interact with other
| windows. You can place a shelfed window anywhere on screen and is a good
| alternative to minimization for those who don’t have a panel of any sort
`----.

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/...-here-present/
http://tinyurl.com/2sfol3

These are productivity boosters. They just happen to look great, too.

Related:

PCLinuxOS Rediscovered

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that I'm back on PCLinuxOS, I feel a lot more comfortable with my PC, and
| my productivity (if I do something productive, that is) has increased 10
| folds, as compared to Windows XP, and just about a billion times if compared
| to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. *
`----

http://rutsum.blogspot.com/2007/12/p...iscovered.html

Switching from KDE to WinXP #2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusion
|
| I have looked at several features that KDE?s Konqueror has but that
| WinXP's Explorer doesn't have. I have also mentioned a few of the
| things I don't like about Explorer and often why I think Konqueror's way of
| doing it is better. You may have noticed that there is nothing positive
| about Explorer. That is true and it is not for lack of trying. The fact is,
| for me, the way I work, there is just nothing special about Explorer. I
| didn't find any feature that struck me as being especially cool or useful
| that Konqueror didn?t also have.
|
| Switching from KDE to WindowsXP at work has seriously impaired my
| productivity.
`----

http://www.osugisakae.com/tech/2007/...de-to-winxp-2/

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1...pidiotsyb5.jpg

The Road to KDE 4: KWin Composite Brings Bling to KDE [with Videos]

,----[ Quote ]
| The Present Windows Effect - a very useful effect that falls into
| both eye-candy and usability categories...
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1180541665/

howto enhance your workflow with beryl

,----[ Quote ]
| Problem is, I spread my applications across all 4 desktops, so
| that things feel uncluttered when I'm working on an application.
| However, when you want to keep an eye on several applications at
| a time, it's impossible - except, if you have beryl. What I do
| is set one of the corners of my desktop to activate the scale
| plugin to show all windows from all desktops (see here for a
| more detailed explanation). I also make sure that it shows
| minimised windows.
`----

http://www.liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=101

Another Beryl 0.1.3 Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6BiKnLzck&NR

Cool New Beryl Feature: Ring Window Switcher

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot....ng-window.html

Beryl's new 3D animations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEDtRV1fHoU

Cool new Beryl Feature: Window Thumbnails

http://justanothertechblog.blogspot....re-window.html

Beryl Group tab plugin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotwBwXquqw&NR

Older stuff (also Compiz):