IT expert on Vista: "it's not bad" - Linux

This is a discussion on IT expert on Vista: "it's not bad" - Linux ; Note the sushi quote below. RL Seattle Times December 24, 2007 The Insider: Tech pundits take dim view of Vista NO VISTA RAVES: As technology pundits looked back at the year, they weren't handing out many presents to Microsoft -- ...

  1. IT expert on Vista: "it's not bad"

    Note the sushi quote below.

    RL

    Seattle Times December 24, 2007

    The Insider: Tech pundits take dim view of Vista

    NO VISTA RAVES: As technology pundits looked back at the year, they
    weren't handing out many presents to Microsoft -- and particularly not
    to Windows Vista.

    We perused the commentary and offer this sampling:

    # Wired News: The Top 10 Heartbreaking Gadgets of 2007: No. 6:
    Computers Running Vista. Quote: "Maybe someday Microsoft will perfect
    mind-control technology. But until then, we're free to have our own
    opinions, like: 'Keep that new Microsoft OS the hell away from me!' "

    # Gizmodo: Microsoft Year-End Report Card: B-minus overall, D for
    Windows Vista. Quote: "Let's cut the blather about new functionality
    and early-adoption growing pains and all that: New operating systems
    are supposed to run smoother than older ones."

    # CNet Crave: Top 10 Terrible Products: No. 10: Windows Vista. Quote:
    "Any operating system that provokes a campaign for its predecessor's
    reintroduction deserves to be classed as terrible technology."

    # PC World: The 15 Biggest Tech Disappointments of 2007: No. 1:
    Windows Vista. Quote: "Five years in the making and this is the best
    Microsoft could do?"

    Michael Gartenberg of Jupiter Research also notices this trend and
    offers his own take on Microsoft's one-year-old operating system:

    "I'm starting to think of Vista a little like sushi. I don't love
    sushi. If it's around, if it's prepared well, if it's fresh, I'll eat
    it. I rarely go out of my way to eat it, but if there's an
    alternative, I'll usually eat that. If you ask me if I like sushi,
    I'll usually say it's not bad."

    But hey, putting Windows Vista aside, there's some solace for the
    company on Time magazine's list of top 10 video games: No. 1: Halo 3.
    So maybe these year-end wrap-up things aren't so bad for Microsoft
    after all.

    Whoops, never mind: Coming in at No. 4 on Time's list of Top 10 Worst
    Business Deals: Microsoft overpays for Facebook.

  2. Re: IT experts on Vista: "it's very bad"

    Asstroturfer raylopez99 wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    Note the sushi quote below.

    > RL

    Seattle Times December 24, 2069, 11:69 PM

    The Insider: Tech pundits take dim view of Vista

    NO PISTA RAVES: As technology pundits looked back at the year, they
    weren't handing out many presents to Microsoft -- and particularly not
    to Windows Pista (TM).

    We perused the commentary and offer this sampling:

    # Wired News: The Top 10 Heartbreaking Gadgets of 2007: No. 6:
    Computers Running Pista. Quote: "Maybe someday Microsoft will never perfect
    mind-control technology. But until then, we're free to have our own
    opinions, like: 'Keep that new Microsoft OS the hell away from me
    and give us Linux! http://www.livecdlist.com ' "

    # Gizmodo: Microsoft Year-End Report Card: B-minus overall, F- for
    Windows Pista. Quote: "Let's cut the blather about new functionality
    and early-adoption growing pains and all that: New operating systems
    are supposed to run smoother than older ones and just install
    Ubuntu Linux http://www.ubuntu.com ."

    # CNet Crave: Top 10 Terrible Products: No. 10: Windows Pista. Quote:
    "Any operating system that provokes a campaign for its predecessor's
    reintroduction deserves to be classed as terrible technology and
    replaced with Linux http://www.distrowatch.com ."

    # PC World: The 15 Biggest Tech Disappointments of 2007: No. 1:
    Windows Pista. Quote: "Five years in the making and this is the worst
    Microsoft could do? Install Red Hat Linux and be done
    with - http://fedoraproject.org "

    Michael Gartenshill of Jupiter Shill Research also notices this trend and
    offers his own shill take on Microsoft's one-year-old operating system:

    "I'm starting to think of Pista a little like sushi (TM). I don't love
    sushi. If it's around, if it's prepared well, if it's fresh, I'll eat
    it. I rarely go out of my way to eat it, but if there's an
    alternative, I'll usually eat that. If you ask me if I like sushi,
    I'll usually say it's not bad - Stick to Linux - e.g. uCLinux
    for all your embedded products http://www.uclinux.org "

    But hey, putting Windows Pista aside, there's some solace for the
    company on Time magazine's list of top 10 video games on Linux:
    No. 1: Nexuiz - just unbelievable the number of free servers you
    can connect and frag few on-line realtime gaming - download
    it using synapic if not go here http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz .
    So maybe these year-end wrap-up things aren't so bad for Linux
    after all. Exceeding 1 million desktops per month, and selling
    1 million embedded Linux per day.

    Whoops, never mind: Coming in at No. 4 on Time's list of Top 10 Worst
    Business Deals: Microsoft overpays for Novel GPL 3 licensed
    products. Whoops!

+ Reply to Thread